Shogen

Want to make sure... Icon 12"

So right now, I have a crappy Pioneer not even 200watts running off my JL Audio 500/1 ... So I want an Icon because I want a nicer subwoofer that I can grow into.. The woofer will be put into a sealed enclosure about 1.0 cubes.

So obviously output will be louder with the better woofer and higher wattage.. Am I okay to underpower it? I know this question is common, but just would like to hear good news for my setup... Thanks guys...

Also I am definitely tired of shitty Pioneer 12" ... Sounds like a fatty person's fart...lol...

So I'd rather spend my 300 beans with you guys and not give it to Big Business .. Plus the reviews of the product are just too insane to not try it and I seen the resale value if in good condition is still relatively high.. So if I don't enjoy it, I can sell it at a small loss...

Will I love it? Make me know that... And I will buy it!! So help me God....

I'd say go for it. Especially when the icon is on sale right now. You can always buy a bigger amp later. Sealed would be great. Ported even better

I want M5 to yell at me before I buy it so... I will ask this..

Will my SQ go up??

the Icon is an excellent sounding woofer...it is in the top 2 of my all time favorite drivers

awwwwwwsome low end extension :fing34:

Will my SQ go up??

just buy it... sealed or ported, it's going to sound much better then your current driver (as long as your box is decent :P )

As far as underpowering it, there's no such thing. It will perform optimally at rated power, but less will still perform well.

If you want, grab some polyfill and put 1 lbs. in the enclosure with the Icon. :)

If you want, grab some polyfill and put 1 lbs. in the enclosure with the Icon. :)

What will that do for me? Besides allow the Icon to rest better at night.

Edited by Shogen

What will that do for me? Besides allow the Icon to rest better at night.

Because 1 cube is on the small side, some polyfill will simulate a bit larger enclosure.

1 cube is fine, just saying about making the most of the power.

Will my SQ go up??

YOU ALREADY KNOW THE ANSWER TO THAT

1.5 lbs per cube will get you about a 30% increase up to a 3 cube enclosure.

At 3 cubes + your down to a 20% increase at the same 1.5 lbs per cube.

Any more poundage per cubic foot over 3 cubes and it has a reverse affect. You can go up to 1.75 lbs with enclosure under 3 cubes for an aprox 35% gain.

;)

Andrew

Will my SQ go up??

YOU ALREADY KNOW THE ANSWER TO THAT

Lmfao!!!!

1.5 lbs per cube will get you about a 30% increase up to a 3 cube enclosure.

At 3 cubes + your down to a 20% increase at the same 1.5 lbs per cube.

Any more poundage per cubic foot over 3 cubes and it has a reverse affect. You can go up to 1.75 lbs with enclosure under 3 cubes for an aprox 35% gain.

;)

Andrew

Head..... Explosion.!!!!! :suicide-santa:

Nice sub and free shipping :drink40:

Get you some!

Why such a small box?

Oh, missed this question...

It's just my current box with my current setup.. Not going to be it's final home because it is a shitty old school Q-logic box.... Back in the day my friend and I had "re-sealed" the corners since it seemed shitty when I first got it.... Anyway, I will probably get Argent to make me a sealed one all pretty and shit next few weeks... Right now I just need new bang and I need it badly...

Just last night for fun to show a friend how good the SDS was on my trunk I played a 50Hz tone "too" loud... lol... There usually is never a "too" loud for me unless it breaks something... lulz..

So now my Pioneer is broke... Half of the surround broke its seal, and I can hear it flapping in the music.... So yea I NEED this new sub... I had been looking at the Dcon for like a year but I don't want to sell myself short and I'm just gonna go all the way in my mind..

So plan is used the current Q-logic box and add about a pound of polyfill for now...

Then get Argent to build me the perfect sealed box...

Then get Argent to build me the perfect ported box @ 27Hz whenever the time is right for that... probably next summer when I am always driving around visiting family .....

Then :morepower1: .... plans for a better amp if I think its needed around that time....

Triple post FTW:

Actually, my Q-logic box measurements are

H: 15.5

W: 17

D: 15.5

Top Depth: 9.5

Similar measurements to another box which was around 1.25 cubes so I roughly estimated it since my math seemed off ....

Here is the box I compared it to: http://www.parts-express.com/pe/pshowdetl.cfm?&Partnumber=260-644

Edited by Shogen

Hey! .... do I just throw the polyfill in or does it need to be somewhat glued positioned onto the wood??

Hey! .... do I just throw the polyfill in or does it need to be somewhat glued positioned onto the wood??

Dont glue it, Just Pack it loosly.

Make sure it forms a circle inside the enclosure, or it'll disrupt the sound wave and it'll sound awful.

Just Kidding :P Just throw it in! If your enclosure is ported, you may want to staple it down so it doesn't come out the port...

Bangin' says I am spoon feeding the Icon with my JL and then offered a trade for his Bravox CF set.. lulz... JERK ... ahahaha ... This amp sounds better than my other Kenwood and is much easier to adjust... So 500/1 it is !!!

Bangin' says I am spoon feeding the Icon with my JL and then offered a trade for his Bravox CF set.. lulz... JERK ... ahahaha ... This amp sounds better than my other Kenwood and is much easier to adjust... So 500/1 it is !!!

011cg.jpg

hahaha

:)

taunting is not a flattering action Bangin'! :shrug:

If you want all the "umph" out of that icon, I'd upgrade the amp at some point :)

Yea I figured...

Actually, my Q-logic box measurements are

H: 15.5

W: 17

D: 15.5

Top Depth: 9.5

I cannot seem to figure out the cubes... Help??