dave_Edwards

1st annual SWVA TeamSSaudio.com meet

if there's nothing else going on this weekend i'd love to make a box for the ava i have coming in, i don't know what size or anything yet, but with the brains that are there i'm sure we could come to a conclusion

Fully glassed or gtfo :)

Removable boxes are for the weak

you could cut a hole in the floor and plop it right in

haha i can't glass and i don't think ramos will have the time, plus he's going to be so high we won't know where he is after a while anyway

haha i can't glass and i don't think ramos will have the time,  plus he's going to be so high we won't know where he is after a while anyway

You have gotta start sometime then

Bad news ( not really ) my brothers . I won't be able to make it this weekend. I have to go out of town Thursday and won't be back until Monday. I have decided to take the offer to go back into hull building. I have to go and sign my life away. :)

guys I had a great time, I was planning to return this weekend, but with out our master glasser I am not sure I will make the run, unless Nick you know where Ramos was going to go with them,

it took us six and 1/2 hours to get down and four and 1/2 to get back, (ie. my car + crusie control at 85mph - retarted traffic = relaxing short trip)

anyway could we set up another time when we could return because I really want to keep working on the door pannels? (I feel bad leaving parts of my car in dave's garage)

Ramos and Nick have been doing great work on them and I have never been apart of a glass project of this level, there are more changes in surface on these dorrs that I had imaged, I still want to try to get both sets of components in the pannels, I hope with the tweets very close together the imaging will be fairly ok, I cant wait to hear the final product, should be nasty loud with insane midbass

Waiting another week or two actually works well for me too, hopefully by then my components and replacement plastic door panels would have come in, we could finish up my install as well.

guys I had a great time, I was planning to return this weekend, but with out our master glasser I am not sure I will make the run, unless Nick you know where Ramos was going to go with them,

it took us six and 1/2 hours to get down and four and 1/2 to get back, (ie. my car + crusie control at 85mph - retarted traffic = relaxing short trip)

anyway could we set up another time when we could return because I really want to keep working on the door pannels? (I feel bad leaving parts of my car in dave's garage)

Ramos and Nick have been doing great work on them and I have never been apart of a glass project of this level, there are more changes in surface on these dorrs that I had imaged, I still want to try to get both sets of components in the pannels, I hope with the tweets very close together the imaging will be fairly ok,  I cant wait to hear the final product, should be nasty loud with insane midbass

i agree..ramos and nick did an awesome job so far.

denim, i hope that you reconsider the tweet mounting. In no way am i saying that i'm the sq god, but I feel 100% that your system will sound better with one tweet in each door in the upper section. that will definitely raise your stage and if something happened to the tweet, you would have an extra set to replace them. your car is very nice and i hope that everything works out the way you want it. The next time you come down, I will bring my car and let you listen to it and maybe you will change your mind about the tweets :fing34:

by the way, what subs are you using?

Waiting another week or two actually works well for me too, hopefully by then my components and replacement plastic door panels would have come in, we could finish up my install as well.

i can't wait to install those pyramid speakers lol

guess who is coming to dave's house tomorrow? smoke dog is going to show dave how to tune his car lol

i will take some pics of smokey in action :runlaugh:

jim, did you run the ground wire to your battery from the alpine? if so, did it stop the alt whine?

Edited by ragnaroksq

any weekend works for me making another trip except for the weekend after thanksgiving. but keep in mind that i am done with ferrum on dec. 15. thats when i go on winter break and then in january i will be going to VCU. :D

any weekend works for me making another trip except for the weekend after thanksgiving.  but keep in mind that i am done with ferrum on dec. 15.  thats when i go on winter break and then in january i will be going to VCU. :D

big marv said that you are his favorite installer lol

Ramos and Nick have been doing great work on them and I have never been apart of a glass project of this level, there are more changes in surface on these dorrs that I had imaged, I still want to try to get both sets of components in the pannels, I hope with the tweets very close together the imaging will be fairly ok,  I cant wait to hear the final product, should be nasty loud with insane midbass

i agree..ramos and nick did an awesome job so far.

denim, i hope that you reconsider the tweet mounting. In no way am i saying that i'm the sq god, but I feel 100% that your system will sound better with one tweet in each door in the upper section. that will definitely raise your stage and if something happened to the tweet, you would have an extra set to replace them. your car is very nice and i hope that everything works out the way you want it. The next time you come down, I will bring my car and let you listen to it and maybe you will change your mind about the tweets :fing34:

by the way, what subs are you using?

thanks for the kind words, I could put the tweet on the door sail, but the tweets can be angled up and still be kept close to the mid, I dont want the tweets too far away from the mids,

as for your car I was hoping to hear it, but I hope you can come next time so amanda can hear it also, as for subs, I have my SS RL-p 12, which I was thinking about pushing it with an Orion 8002, but I was also considering x2'ing that combo dual RL-ps and 8002's to match the 8004,

if I can ever have the money for the MAGs they are going into my truck or my next daily driver, such a sweet sub, but a mess of RL-i 8's would be fun in my car, ahh oh well, damn house

:bigok:

any weekend works for me making another trip except for the weekend after thanksgiving.  but keep in mind that i am done with ferrum on dec. 15.  thats when i go on winter break and then in january i will be going to VCU. :D

:lol::lol::lol:

i can't wait to install those pyramid speakers lol

guess who is coming to dave's house tomorrow? smoke dog is going to show dave how to tune his car lol

i will take some pics of smokey in action :runlaugh:

jim, did you run the ground wire to your battery from the alpine? if so, did it stop the alt whine?

I'd be surprised if Dave lets Bucky come within 100ft. of the Mag...

:)

I haven't taken out the Alpine yet...figured I'd save that for when I have to get back behind there anyway and run the new speaker wire.

yea if you're going to be there, i get out of anatomy at 2:15, so i should be at dave's around 2:45 (takes me a while to walk to my DAMN car. i'll have to leave around 3:30 though...sucks but i'm wanting to hear your car

:lol::lol::lol:

:lol: thats because "big marv dont care" :lol:

dave: "well we can do it the right way, or we can do it the easy and wrong way"

big marv: "just do what evers easiest for you guys"

Between two and four?

Hmmm...may need to take a ride over there for a bit ;)

i have class from 2-3 and it takes me almost an hour to get there...probably wont be showing up tomorrow. ill be there in spirit.

we both know you have the time, don't be lazy...i really need to buy gas though, don't know if i'll have time for all that :-S

yea if you're going to be there, i get out of anatomy at 2:15, so i should be at dave's around 2:45 (takes me a while to walk to my DAMN car.  i'll have to leave around 3:30 though...sucks but i'm wanting to hear your car

we will be there :)