Sign in to follow this  
Hzd Skizzy

Question for a friends setup.

My friend has an 02 Mustang GT convertible. He wants to cram a BTL 15" inside. His rear seats do not fold down. The question is...If his seats were not folded down would that affect the bass significantly or only just a little bit. He was thinking of taking out the rear seats but that would expose the convertible motor and stuff. The first task is to see if a 4.0cuft box would even fit back there... :suicide-santa: Thanks for any help.

My friend has an 02 Mustang GT convertible. He wants to cram a BTL 15" inside. His rear seats do not fold down. The question is...If his seats were not folded down would that affect the bass significantly or only just a little bit. He was thinking of taking out the rear seats but that would expose the convertible motor and stuff. The first task is to see if a 4.0cuft box would even fit back there... :suicide-santa: Thanks for any help.

I'm pretty sure it would, I remember reading somewhere someone did a test with the rear seats up vs folded down in a trunk setup, I believe there was a 3db difference. But every vehicle and design is different and therefore will yield different results.

But it's probably safe to assume, a btl 15" is going to give him more bass then a say a 12" btl, if enclosure volume and tuning is correct.

If his seats do not fold down good luck. He is better off with a smaller sub maybe a 12 or 10"

sub would not sound as loud with the seats up. At least mine were never as loud with the seats up. I took out my 6x9's to make a ported trunk, lol. It helped too.

If his seats do not fold down good luck. He is better off with a smaller sub maybe a 12 or 10"

Why is he better off with a smaller driver? More room for the enclosure and driver to breathe?

Why is he better off with a smaller driver? More room for the enclosure and driver to breathe?

Tiiiiiiny trunk opening very difficult to fit large boxes through it

and if he can't get it through the rear folding seats then he's fucked

Tiiiiiiny trunk opening very difficult to fit large boxes through it

and if he can't get it through the rear folding seats then he's fucked

Point taken :P

Mustang guy here. :)

15" won't fit in the trunk.

We did rear seat delete in my GF"s 1998 GT Convertible and put her DD 2515" there, Sounds great.

looks like a good idea...

We did rear seat delete in my GF"s 1998 GT Convertible and put her DD 2515" there, Sounds great.

I thought you said a 15" won't fit in the trunk?

Did you leave the top part of the delete out and put the box in it's place?

Tell me more about how it is setup please.

The trunks are sealed off from the cabin, won't work anyway.

We put the box where the rear seat should be, inside the cabin.

OHH okay. So you think my friend should buy the delete and rest the box on it?

OHH okay. So you think my friend should buy the delete and rest the box on it?

Yes. Only real option.

Alright. Thank you very much for your ideas man.

Anytime. :)

And make sure he does the big 3, even if not alot of power. Ford's grounds are dodo.

I really think he should just do a 12" BTL. It will still be pretty loud and you won't have to gut the rear of the cabin. It's why I moved down to 12"s from 15"s. I keep buying cars with trunks and I can't get a proper sized enclosure for a 15 in them. I always had to go on the smallest end of the recommended size and that would barely fit through the trunk opening. I did these in 1998 grand prix gt and 2009 honda accord. That's why I sold my 15 btl and dropped down to a 12.

Unless of course this guy doesn't care about resell value of the vehicle. Then by all means do the delete.

I really think he should just do a 12" BTL. It will still be pretty loud and you won't have to gut the rear of the cabin. It's why I moved down to 12"s from 15"s. I keep buying cars with trunks and I can't get a proper sized enclosure for a 15 in them. I always had to go on the smallest end of the recommended size and that would barely fit through the trunk opening. I did these in 1998 grand prix gt and 2009 honda accord. That's why I sold my 15 btl and dropped down to a 12.

Unless of course this guy doesn't care about resell value of the vehicle. Then by all means do the delete.

The rear seat delete in a Mustang is easily removable and the rear seat goes right back in.

And the trunk is 100% sealed off from the cabin as the top goes down in-between the two, so why would he put a woofer in there?