Norcalbigbeto209

Can a fi btl really handle 4000 watts

Got a t40001bd expecting to power two fi btl's , but read some where that 1 could easily handle that amp. Is this possible and how great of a chance of blowing it do I have?

Did the little piggy scream Wee Wee Wee all the way home?

Got a t40001bd expecting to power two fi btl's , but read some where that 1 could easily handle that amp. Is this possible and how great of a chance of blowing it do I have?

you probably can if your smart about it. i ran 3500 wats on one 15 and the it lasted till the tensels wore(year 1/2).

Edited by 2Loud

Sure, use a really small box. Don't get mad if it's peaky as hell. I bet you could run more in a burp scenario. Is this a burp scenario? I'm assuming not.

Perhaps you should do what the manufacturer suggests... Sure running an extra couple hundred watts is fine, even a bit more depending on if you know your shit, but then you wouldn't be asking...

But trying to run double the rated rms and not knowing what your doing, just plain dumb. :eek5wavey:

Perhaps you should do what the manufacturer suggests... Sure running an extra couple hundred watts is fine, even a bit more depending on if you know your shit, but then you wouldn't be asking...

But trying to run double the rated rms and not knowing what your doing, just plain dumb. :eek5wavey:

X2 on all of that. The manufacturer doesn't recommend 2000w just because they woke up one morning with that number. Can it withstand 4000w ? Sure. Can you blow it quick with that much power ? Sure. It all depends on the application and the person behind the knobs.

Stick to the recommendation.

X2 on all of that. The manufacturer doesn't recommend 2000w just because they woke up one morning with that number. Can it withstand 4000w ? Sure. Can you blow it quick with that much power ? Sure. It all depends on the application and the person behind the knobs.

Stick to the recommendation.

:sleepwerd4:

If you buy recones in bulk you might get a discount :roflmao:

Sounds like I got enough power. Great I don't have to spend more money on amps, recones or batteries.

You never told us what electrical system you have to power the amp :)

Have 3 optima d31 batteries and db electric HO alternator. In front I have a huge regular interstate battery. All 0 gauge monster wire threw out. Big three done. Also have a 40 farad tsunami cap(which I probably don't need). Alternator is 250 amp.

Edited by Norcalbigbeto209

Seems like power is covered, cool.