AljazK

Fi BTL-N2 power handling

Hey everyone! :WELCOME:

I want to buy a new one 15" Fi BTL-N2 dual 2, fullly loadded daily version, but there is one problem. I don't know how many power woofer can handle daily. I have a amp with a lot of power and this is DD Z2lv this amp has around 8.5kW @ 1 ohm. Can this sub handle too much power? Yes, I know that I must turn gain down, but I buy this amp, because I think that better more power and than gained down than have amp with less power which clipped at maximum.

I think to set my gain on amp to watch excursion. I want to know how is the durability at the maximum excursion? Can sub handle this?

Please post your experiences at this power.

Thanks!

No subwoofer can handle that much power in a daily scenario, if you adjust your amplifier within the limits of the woofer you will not have a problem whatsoever.

Do you have the electrical system to support such a powerful amplifier?

Great. :drink40:

Yes, I have one additional battery for now (PC3000), but I add more if I will need more electrical power. ;)

I can't find any information of that cell, what is the make? It takes serious battery power to support 8.5Kw, pending you run the amplifier at 1 ohm. You will extend the life of your amplifier if you run it at 2 ohms, you'd cut power in half too and that might help your woofer ;)

Thats alot of power if its daily, I would be looking at 2 or more BTL-N2s for daily use on that amount of power.. That or an SMD..

Just an extra batt?

No alternators, big 3, 0 gauge runs?

If not, I'd say run it at 2 ohms before you destroy your beautiful subwoofer!

@ Duran this is this battery: http://shop.soundpressure.com/vpasp/shopexd.asp?id=95

@BILTD: I like do this, but I haven't enought space for 2 15", only for 1 15", but SMD is too too expensive for me, because I must pay more than 50% price of woofer for shipment.

@ManRossDamn: I have big 3 and 0 gauge runs, and one battery (75Ah) in front, and one PC3000 in trunk. ;) But I think thaht will be ok, if I turn my gain down.

Just run at it at 2 ohms!

Sounds good to me bro

Atleast you have a second battery, i can't afford a yellow top :suicide-santa:

And I don't have the big 3 done yet Dx

Edited by ManRossDamn

Thats alot of power if its daily, I would be looking at 2 or more BTL-N2s for daily use on that amount of power.. That or an SMD..

OP: Message this ^^^ guy, he is the European distributor for Fi/AA

50% price of the woofer for shipping? Not sure what you mean.

Did you speak to Drago?

50% price of the woofer for shipping? Not sure what you mean.

Did you speak to Drago?

Yes I contact Drago, but I mean this for SMD woofer. ;)

Not sure what you meant by the 50% shipping etc..

Anyway, with that amount of power and being limited to 1 15" sub.. SMD. BTL-N2, might want to run it a different impedance.. 8kw daily is pushing it.. even half that is.

Not sure what you meant by the 50% shipping etc..

Anyway, with that amount of power and being limited to 1 15" sub.. SMD. BTL-N2, might want to run it a different impedance.. 8kw daily is pushing it.. even half that is.

I also thought about SMD, beacuse I want the maximum possible use amp power. Please sent to Drago mail with price, and how many will cost shipping to our country. Thanks man!

There is no sense in using maximum possible amp power, make the system more efficient and you won't need it.

That 1 extra battery wont be enough for that amp at 2 ohms unless you're just burping and putting it back on a charger. If you can only do one sub go the route these guys suggested with running 2ohms or higher, and you'll still have to turn your gain down. The BTL will handle a lot of power, but the recommended 2000-2500 watts is plenty for daily use.

If you just add a woofer you will be replacing everything soon. You need to take a step back and really think about your goals.

Having and using a lot of power is NOT a goal...unless you are an idiot or are lacking in manhood and need to brag about something. Having enough power and subwoofer to get to the volume you want is a complete different story.

Alot of power requires alot of electrical upgrades. Running the amp on crappy electrical will destroy audio components :). If you can afford a amp of that quality you can afford a alt,batt, 0Gauge. Run it at 40hms for now till you find where your minds at.

If you just add a woofer you will be replacing everything soon. You need to take a step back and really think about your goals.

Having and using a lot of power is NOT a goal...unless you are an idiot or are lacking in manhood and need to brag about something. Having enough power and subwoofer to get to the volume you want is a complete different story.

Yeah, thanks smartest guy on the world, yes I really need your answer as a blind man sight. :fing34:

No worries, I will buy one more extra battery, high output alternator, 50mm2 cables, but I think, that I will buy one another sub, this is DD Z95 15", because it can handle more than 4kW power daily, and is more loud than BTL or SMD. I'll wired it on 1 ohm. That is true, that is very expensive, but is one of the best. Yes and one informations, DD Z2-lv is low voltage technology amp, thaht mean that it work from 8.5-14.8V, and it has on 12V around 6kW rms. :wub:

I think that is meaningless running that amp on 4 ohm. If I think run it on 4 ohm, I will buy cheap amp with 2kW on 4 ohms, and than run sub which can handle daily around 2kW... :lol2:

Yeah, thanks smartest guy on the world, yes I really need your answer as a blind man sight. :fing34:

No worries, I will buy one more extra battery, high output alternator, 50mm2 cables, but I think, that I will buy one another sub, this is DD Z95 15", because it can handle more than 4kW power daily, and is more loud than BTL or SMD. I'll wired it on 1 ohm. That is true, that is very expensive, but is one of the best. Yes and one informations, DD Z2-lv is low voltage technology amp, thaht mean that it work from 8.5-14.8V, and it has on 12V around 6kW rms. :wub:

I think that is meaningless running that amp on 4 ohm. If I think run it on 4 ohm, I will buy cheap amp with 2kW on 4 ohms, and than run sub which can handle daily around 2kW... :lol2:

No doubting your install abilities, but till you try a BTL or SMD thats a pretty brave comment :)

Edit, which also makes smilie knowing how many DD dealers we have who switched to Fi or AA never look back, not least with the recone prices..

For the price of a DD Z you could have couple of BTLs or an SMD.. Its all in Dragos hands if he wants to step to the darkside till then you will just be comparing apples and oranges, nothing more nothing less.

Good day :)

Edited by BILTD

:morepower1:

yeah, i know this guy... i know that he knows what he is doing...

i have to say, i agree that the Z2a would be a really "coil melting" amp, if he would push it to the limits... BUT, couse he's a smart guy, and thinks like he has to-> that is, better 30% more power with the gains set down and with a CLEAN signal to the sub( just so much, that the sub doesn't say-> fu*k you bitch, buy a recone )...then 10% or more THD, or like your mommas would say ; clipping !

But we all know that here in Slovenia they all want to hit numbers, more numbers... oh, did i mention numbers on the "fu*king" Termlab? ratter then buying a pure daily sub, and a good 2k, 3k, maybe 5kw amp !

Ask Drago, how it goes... probbably he would say, go for DD, do that DD, buy that DD, dont have a DD? get a DD.... and so on...

i say, let the guy a chance to support the GroundPounding here... like me and my buddy do ! If he would go stupid and kill the BTL, or SMD...so what, we have Am( blade ice ), that will do his best to get him a recone or something else in the fastest time! i can say that for sure, i had some expirience with him and i KNOW he's one of the best dealers out there !!!

and for you Am... stop smilling :D

:jon:

Thanks man, for very good answer. :drink40:

i know of a sub that can handle 7kw daily and another one that's a LOT bigger for daily.. And when i mention power, i'm referring to AMP rated power, not actual power received.

I am under the assumption that nobody here actually sits there and clamps all their amps when they get their stuff installed to see if their sub really is receiving a certain amount of power.. that woudl be stupid and a waste of time.

I know another sub that can handle 20kw for 30sec... but that's a topic that won't be discussed.. sorry.