swagger_wagon468

Is there a difference between brands of amp kits?

So... ill be needing 2 amp wiring kits. One for my sundown 50.4 (either 4 or 8 gauge. Idk what it takes.) that im geting. And one for my sundown 2500.1 (0ga) later on this year. Now my question is... for the wiring kits, is there any major pros to buying brands such as stinger? I just figure that copper is copper. Not sure tho. I just don't wanna spend the rediculous price that they cost. I was just gonna search for cheaply priced amp kits. So...hdoes brand mahtter that much? Pros and cons?

Sorry in advance for any spelling errors I have made. Im on my droid. Haha. And this is my first install of any kind, just so ya kno.

Thanks.

-Jonathan

What's welding supplies website?

Tried googling it, not 100% sure

https://weldingsupply.securesites.com/cgi-bin/einstein.pl?Next::1:UNDEF:OR:terms::PA#A1

stinger does make a great product, but welding cable will be very cheap and do the job for the OPs needs

I just don't wanna spend the rediculous price that they cost.

He isnt trying to spend alot which is more then likely why people are going to suggest welding cable. I personally use it in my vehicles and its been great! Fast shipping an cheap price from the link I posted. Very easy to work with as well.

Edited by jmanjr

No forget about welding cable. Stinger makes great products.

yeah for 5/$ a foot just for some flexibility

:peepwall:

Thanks for the replies. But as this is my first install , I can't just buy copper wire because I zdo not kno what else I would need. That's why I was wanting Buy the kits. Would someoune mnd compiling a list of items I would need for my 2 amps? The sundown 2500.1 and 50.4

Thanks.

Edit: 50.4 not 50.2

Edited by swagger_wagon468

Thanks for the replies. But as this is my first install , I can't just buy copper wire because I zdo not kno what else I would need. That's why I was wanting Buy the kits. Would someoune mnd compiling a list of items I would need for my 2 amps? The sundown 2500.1 and 50.2.

Thanks.

it depends on your car, but you'd need wire for your big 3.. 1 fuse box for big 3, 2 fuse blocks for the runs to the back of the car to the batteries.. then a fuse before each terminal of your amps so a total of 5.

You need, power wire, remote wire, speaker wire, and RCA's.

Thanks for the replies. But as this is my first install , I can't just buy copper wire because I zdo not kno what else I would need. That's why I was wanting Buy the kits. Would someoune mnd compiling a list of items I would need for my 2 amps? The sundown 2500.1 and 50.2.

Thanks.

4 gauge power and ground wire for your 50.4

1/0 gauge power and ground wire for your 2500.1

ring terminals for your wiring that will be hooked up to batteries

20-30 ft. of 18 gauge wire for your remote turn on wire

1 set of 2 channel rca's and 1 set of 4 channel rcas

5 fuse holders and appropriate fuses(4-300 anl fuses and a 250 anl fuse)

1/0 power and ground wire to complete your big three wiring

secondary battery to provide power your going to need

I may be forgetting somethings but this should get you started.

Seriously though... who pays retail for anything in car audio? If you do, I feel sorry for you.

You can get stinger products for CHEEAAAPP.

Thanks.

Ok. Thanks for the detailed list man. Now, a few questions. The rcas... when u say 4 channel rca, I didn't kno there Is 4 rca inputs on the 50.4, is that what there is? And why do I need a 2 channel rca for my mono amp?

Im guessing the fuses are for amp to batt.(x2) Batt to batt.(x2) andbig 3. Right?

And u think I will definatly need a 2nd batt? I have 2 12" Kicker L7's. They will be seeing 600rms each from the 2500.1.

Sorry for my noob-ness. But evryone starts here. Haha

Thank again.

- Jonathan

Thanks.

Ok. Thanks for the detailed list man. Now, a few questions. The rcas... when u say 4 channel rca, I didn't kno there Is 4 rca inputs on the 50.4, is that what there is? And why do I need a 2 channel rca for my mono amp?

Im guessing the fuses are for amp to batt.(x2) Batt to batt.(x2) andbig 3. Right?

And u think I will definatly need a 2nd batt? I have 2 12" Kicker L7's. They will be seeing 600rms each from the 2500.1.

Sorry for my noob-ness. But evryone starts here. Haha

Thank again.

- Jonathan

Number, length and # of channels for RCA's is dependent on your head-amp. Say you have only a line out on your head-amp. You would only need 1-2ch RCA to run to the back which would run into your 50.4 which does have 4 inputs but you can split the RCA's and run both front and rears from just the head/amp (the 50.4 has a front left front right rear left and rear right input). Then from the 50.4 you would run 1-2ch RCA to the 2500.1. Yes the 2500 is mono but it still had a left and right channel input where it will sum the inputs and take the combined signal and send it to the subs.

You are correct on the fuses.

Depending on the car requires batteries. Some of the guys running around here don't need a battery and are running 3000D's in the back with no dimming (crazy i know).

And no problem about the "noob-ness" we all do start somewhere :woot:

Oh and I would encourage doing some research on your amps, just so you know what you're doing with the setup and all. :google:

i have a Kenwood KDC-HD545U. It seems to have a front, rear, and sub lines out. ( 3sets of red and white outputs) I thought each amp only had one set of rca inputs. (One white and one red on each amp.)

It depends on how the manufacture setup the amplifier, If it has 6 outs then thats very nice because you can set the crossovers differently for each output.