dgrubbs

15 btl help please

need a lil help i looking to get 1 15" btl for my 02 crown vic and wondering if a 1500w mono brutus will push it right without any problems and would i need to do any electric upgrades i already got a run of 0 gauge going to the trunk and i have a yellow top is there any thing else i may need besides the big 3 and will that amp be enough or do i need more power thanks for your help

Edited by dgrubbs

I'd look into a BL with that kind of power honestly.

You really need to upgrade your electrical to at LEAST the big 3 and a AGM battery under the hood.

I'd look into a BL with that kind of power honestly.

You really need to upgrade your electrical to at LEAST the big 3 and a AGM battery under the hood.

so one or two of them

Definitely need to upgrade electrical. Yes, you can run the BTL on that amp, you can run any sub on any amp. Will it do it justice? Absolutely not. Either get a lower power sub or get a much bigger amp.

the thing is i dont want to get a small sub and then want louder later i want a big speaker and will just upgrade the amp when needed i was looking at the bls today and they are 1000wrms less then the btl so y would i go wit that sub its strong but really not even close to the btl

Well get the BTL and work on upgrading your electrical so you can upgrade the amp pushing your BTL in the future.

ok so now they have upgraded the bls so two 15 bls or one 15 btl is the question

...Upgrade to high output Alt and one spare battery for electrical upgrade's and your wanging on some high voltage bro :)

a lot of people i know keep sayin the yellow top would be good but i been reading and other people say that its not for sounds cause i have one of those for the trunk and a regular battery for under the hood would that work

i dont see specs for the the other btls so im kind of wondering which ones would be louder n2, n3, n1, or the n-sg

i dont see specs for the the other btls so im kind of wondering which ones would be louder n2, n3, n1, or the n-sg

"louder" for what?

for daily driving want to be heared blocks away

Edited by dgrubbs

Eh, the goal is to keep the sound completely inside the cabin... any sound that escapes the cabin will lower the loudness inside. And being heard blocks away is annoying... But the N1 will be a sound quality sub, the N2 is the replacement for the Gen 2 BTLs and is a great daily driver. The N3 is for competition use, unless you plan on spending around $2k in electrical upgrades, just pass on it. The N-SG... don't even ask.

You know there are multiple threads explaining each of these. A little before-hand research would be helpful. Get what you want. Install your crap set the gains/subsonic filter/ low pass accordingly then look at your voltage. If it is to low then upgrade from there. No need to buy a crap load of electrical upgrades when you only need a few or maybe even none. There is noone on this forum that knows exactly what you need for your electrical.

picard-facepalm.jpg

picard-facepalm.jpg

X2.

OP, you are the reason people don't like the world of car audio. There's a time and place for everything, be considerate of others...

another question how does 1 12 btl n2 compare to a 12 orion hcca which is better

another question how does 1 12 btl n2 compare to a 12 orion hcca which is better

It will be hard to tell since the BTL n2 is not out yet, subs cant be compared since there are made for different goals and applications. If you want to compare subs then buy both of them and then come back to give us a review on which you like better.

picard-facepalm.jpg

X2.

OP, you are the reason people don't like the world of car audio. There's a time and place for everything, be considerate of others...

whats i sayin is i want it loud very loud think before u pose y dont u

the things is i got a friend that has a 02 monte carlo wit 2 12 orion hcca and i want some thing that would be loud then that so i was thinking about geting something the will sound louder in the cabin of course but u can hear his blocks away not sure wat kind of amp he got wont tell me cause he knows i about to put my system together to be louder than his will 1 15 btl do it or should i just go head and get the 18

No post with some sense and type correctly since it is part of the rules. If you would of said loud, very loud from go even thought that is not a good description then you wouldnt of received the response you did. Your system is for your enjoyment only and not everyone else's, so being heard from blocks away is not a good thing and we dont condone that here.

Why do people try to buy systems louder than there friends, buy what you want and what works for you. If we suggest you something and his is louder then what? Do you know what he is putting up on a term-lab or anything? Do more research on car audio period before just dumping out some money on a pointless goal.

I don't understand what your saying, sorry :ughdunno:

I wouldn't attempt to put an 18" in a trunk car. Likely better off with a 15". But I'm just going off vague generalizations here.

Whats your trunk opening dimensions? Whats the inside trunk dimensions?

And for the record your goal is to get louder then your friends setup, so lets take a guess at how much power hes using?

Does he have an aftermarket high output alternator? Does he have any additional batteries besides the starting battery?

ok his sounds good but i want better thats y i was askin about the orion speaker and those are pretty loud but but still not loud enough for me i guess the think is i like bass well if im on here everyone knows this already i looking for something with a loud deep but clean bass for a daily driver tho

ok his sounds good but i want better thats y i was askin about the orion speaker and those are pretty loud but but still not loud enough for me i guess the think is i like bass well if im on here everyone knows this already i looking for something with a loud deep but clean bass for a daily driver tho

Use punctuation to make it easier to read, run on sentences dont make sense just to let you know. :peepwall: If you truely want some help then help us help you, please read these rules before posting again:

Can you try and make more sense when you type? Saying you want it loud cuz u liek loud deep clean bass doesn't mean anything.

Post the dimensions I asked for, What's your overall budget for sub, enclosure (you building it? or having it made), amp, battery(s)?