BIGDROCH

FI BL15's or Fi BL18's?????

I'm trying to finish up my system in my Dodge MegaCab and I'm down to picking the woofers... this is my last remaining ? of my system. I've used a lot of FI for my customers and my installs and there's no question they get nasty when setup correctly.

But i'm currently stumped on this build for myself....

My box will be 7.5cuft and I'm trying to decide whether i'm going to be using 2 BL 15's or 2 BL18's... I'm not using the BTL's because I don't have the air space and I believe the BL's are a better Daily pounding woofer then the BTLs.

I'm going to be running a single Rockford Fosgate 2500.1bd that has a birth certificate of 3,135 watts. Should be perfect for the 15s or 18s unclipped.

upon creating my winisd graphs, on the SPL window, the BL18's are overall favored.... But on the TRANSFER FUNCTION MAGNITUDE window the graph heavily favors the BL15's.......

Both are using the same AMP power, and Both are tuned to 32hz in a 7.5cuft box with 2ea 6" pipe ports....

I'm personally leaning towards the BL15's for this build but... Any feedback on which woofers i should go with?

Thanks guys!

15sOR18s.jpg

7.5 before or after displacement and all? it looks like the right volume for 15s

Ya thats what I was leaning towards... the 15's. 7.5cuft will be clean after displacement of everything. Anybody know the port area inches on a 5" pipe and a 6" pipe? And whats the formula on figuring that out?

Here's the setup i had in mind...

15setup.jpg

Don't model the BTL woofers... They model awfully, they will always suggest using a tiny box.. Use the reccomened enclosure sizes for them.

15s for sure. Unless you want a strained bottom end with the suffocating 18s.

Don't model the BTL woofers... They model awfully, they will always suggest using a tiny box.. Use the reccomened enclosure sizes for them.

I believe the model he has shown is for the BLs. He mentioned why he doesn't want BTLs, not that they modeled bad :P

I believe the model he has shown is for the BLs. He mentioned why he doesn't want BTLs, not that they modeled bad :P

Ah! I missead! Sorry guys

Any clear advantage to the 4" coil over the standard 3" coil on the BL15's?

Any clear advantage to the 4" coil over the standard 3" coil on the BL15's?

Better power handling I heard.

If your trying to find the port area for a round port, it would be (pie)*R^2 But if it's an aero port that flares then I don't know :P

The 18's are suffering just because of airspace, with your measurements, 15's will prevail.

Also, I'd go with 4" coils on the BL's, they will increase the low end a bit and increase power handling, which is good for heardoom :)

Thanks Guys!

I had planned on going with the BL's I was just caught up on the TRANSFER tab and was likin' that high note, which it would probably play like considering

the box was a little too small for two BL18's.

I don't want to lose the low end so i'm going to just go with the BL15's with the 4" coils. Sounds good to me.

Plus I see that there's no charge for Cooling right now! So really I'd only be paying $40 bucks to upgrade to 4" coils! Done.

Thanks

Guys

Your payment for $768.34 USD has been completed.

You are now being redirected to Fi Car Audio

Loaded 4" BL15's on the way...

Thanks Again

Your payment for $768.34 USD has been completed.

You are now being redirected to Fi Car Audio

Loaded 4" BL15's on the way...

Thanks Again

Nice purchase! :)

Or take the back seats out and do a nice upfiring box...

Noooooo lol, not taking the back seats out lol. No way. I got the megacab so that I could make a 8cuft box behind the seat and not have to do a cut thru. TWO BL15's on 3,000+ watts will hit harder then 98% of every other crewcab out there on the planet that doesn't have a cut thru and still has their back seat.... Only the Dodge Megacab has room behind the seat to even make a box bigger then 2.5cuft....

I can keep my backseat and still run 2 15's.... ya it's a no brainer....

ya you don't have the volume for 18's, those 15's will do the trick. Should pound real hard

PUMPED! Just squeezed in TWO Kinetik KHC2400's into the Dodge!

Battery Boxes were only 12 1/4" wide but after a few mods.... the 13" beasts are in and ready to run LOTS of 0 gauge!

Hell ya!

IMG-20101202-00125.jpg

Edited by DROCH CUSTOMS