Sign in to follow this  
matthubb123

which amps should i buy for 4 15 BTL N2's

just have a few questions to anyone that may have sum good advice for me ordered 2 15" BTL N2's will be ordering 2 more in 2 weeks. im building a wall in my 2001 monte carlo ss, i compete in MECA in ky but im just now getting serious i have pretty much all of my equipment picked out here is a short list

avh-p5200bt-head unit

4 btl n2's 15" dual 2/ universal

mechman 270amp alt (thanks Matt)

xs power 14v (4 of them)

o wire all around

(still need mids)

viper alarm

I have the perfect person helping me build the wall, so here is my question im looking at a few diff amps here are my choices either 2 sundown saz4500 or 4 sundown saz2500(my number one pick) or audioque (which im not that familiar with) 2 aq3500, or 4 aq2200 i can also get a kicker warhorse for cheap but i was told it wouldent be my best choice this is my daily driver so i play music more than anything but i compete at least once every 2 months not sure which meca class this will put me into but im assuming either mod 3 or mod 4 im new to this forum and really need sum good info bc i will be buying everything else in the next 2 weeks, would really like to spend no more than $2,500-3,000 on amps. , also does anyone have any videos of the N2? i know a few are already out there and would love to see them,already seen the n1 on youtube, i will be posting pics and video of all the unboxing and the progress of the wall build on here,again thanks everyone

Run the saz4500s at lower impedance for comps and up the load for daily if you want it to be daily... that's the cheapest route. Aq is good also, hear about competition issues with amps tho. If you got loot to spare is look at a real amp like rf bdcp or stetsom maybe... you have lots of choices

Run the saz4500s at lower impedance for comps and up the load for daily if you want it to be daily... that's the cheapest route. Aq is good also, hear about competition issues with amps tho. If you got loot to spare is look at a real amp like rf bdcp or stetsom maybe... you have lots of choices

wouldent i make alot more power with 4 saz2500's? gunna hurt my bank account tho, thats why i am considering 4 aq2200's i keep going back and forth!!! i need to make up my mind

2 saz 4500 and you will be good to go ! This would be my choice.

You can link them and use only one remote, or run them separately and use a remote splitter (phone accessory).

I set my amp by ear, so gain matching would be harder with 4 amps, for me.

Good luck

wouldent i make alot more power with 4 saz2500's? gunna hurt my bank account tho, thats why i am considering 4 aq2200's i keep going back and forth!!! i need to make up my mind

In theory yes... but the difference in SPL gain for the extra two amps won't make up for the price difference...

My man bravo showing you the deal by video, he runs Fi BtLs too with sundown power. He has a good channel, very humble guy and always backs Fi products, check out his installs if your interested

Edited by SubSam

oh and if you didn't hear him say it he only lost .2 dB dropping two equivalent amps out of four. If you had just two amps capable of more power individually than the four amp setup you might gain actually... but that depends on a lot

Regardless of speculation, you save money. I think its an easy choice? :ughdunno:

Crescendo FTW!

http://www.crescendoaudio.com/product.php?productid=17515&cat=0&bestseller=Y

[sOLD OUT: Current ETA of new models (BC1500, BC3300 and BC5500) is December 20th. Thanks for your patience]

Basically a beefed up SAZ-3000D. The 5K's are supposed to released soon as well.

Edited by PHATBOi

sweet!....phatboi is pointin u in a good direction if u wanna save a lil money n still get performance like sundown

What's the projected msrp tor the crescendo 5k? $800-900? That's still about the same price as a saz3500 I would vote x3 for crescendo

Honestly, I would go with 2 big amps over four smaller ones.

after talking to alot of people i think i will go with the 2 sundown saz4500's so whats the deal with the whole preordering deal? i know that they are all made and shipped in from korea, how is the customer support? just wanna know everyones experience dealing with the company thanks everyone for helping me out, just found out today that my btl n2's are heading out on monday!!

I personally think jacobs customer service is TOP notch at sundown he answers emails quick and gives great information all the time very informative.

I personally think jacobs customer service is TOP notch at sundown he answers emails quick and gives great information all the time very informative.

thats nice to hear,that helps me make up my mind a little easier. hey do u know how long i still have to order before the preordering stops and the price of the saz4500 goes back up? and what has changed from the last model to the new ones?

thats nice to hear,that helps me make up my mind a little easier. hey do u know how long i still have to order before the preordering stops and the price of the saz4500 goes back up? and what has changed from the last model to the new ones?

after a few weeks of thinking about which amps im going to buy and going back and forth this is what i ended up getting this morning, pretty nice that everything came in before christmas

394222317.jpg

394222316.jpg

theses will be powering 4 FI BTL 15" N2's and my Kappa mids

Hell yea thats what I like to see merry christmas indeed

Sign in to follow this