stevemead08

need ideas on a new project veh.

Like the title says. im looking for a project ride to build a retarded system in. i am looking to compete a little so i want to put good numbers. I am NOT looking for a tahoe/yukon for clear reasons. there is already one out there... i have 4 saz3ks and im going with 4 SSA subs. either 4 18s or 4 15s if need be. I have a 4k-$5k budget for the new ride. i wanted a 94-96 caprice wagon but i cant seem to find a clean one for a reasonable price around here. big body cars in houston are all bought or beat up.

If the wagon style is what you are after how bout a chrysler magnum?? I'm not a chrysler guy but I have allways liked the lines of it.

If the wagon style is what you are after how bout a chrysler magnum?? I'm not a chrysler guy but I have allways liked the lines of it.

Since i am more of a speed guy than a DB guy, i wanted to do a 155mph/155DB build. the caprice with a LT1 was my first choice for that

I like the Caprice wagons as well but I know even were I'm at they are hard to come by. 155 MPH/SPL !! I want to ride in and hear that!! :woot:

CRX will be the easiest to get that loud and keep some performance.

I like the Caprice wagons as well but I know even were I'm at they are hard to come by. 155 MPH/SPL !! I want to ride in and hear that!! :woot:

All my buddies back home had impalas/caprice sedans so i know what there capable of, and with that huge ass i could fit 4 18s

CRX will be the easiest to get that loud and keep some performance.

Been there, done that... it turned into a lexan drag car. low 12s all motor

With a pair of 15's and some good power CRX style, you've got a 150, with testing it'll get up there.

I dunno any other vehicle that can get that loud and that fast on the same time, unless you buy the Space Shuttle :ehh:

crx dosent have enough gears or balls to hit 150 mph. maybe with an turbo and an integra ls tranny but then it would take a year to get there. i had one for years but keep the suggestions coming. im not shooting anything down yet.

Im looking for something to 4 18s or 4 15s in. a 240 or a crx will not fit the bill.

I suggested in my last post, how bout the space shuttle? It's already airtight to hold teh pressure :lol2:

Are you wanting to avoid a wall?

If not wall a police interceptor crown vic, mine tops out at 140 stock, and cruises 120 all day as stable as drivin 60 mph.

How about a blow through?

5.3 GM with one of these bad ass mother fuckers on it would give you right at 500hp on fairly low boost.

Soooo Badass

If you do this, I will hate you!

My preference and yes you can really make these rip

1995-M5-Wagon-150x150.jpg

In M form (I'd do a normal 535 and add forced induction for budget purposes)

e34_m5_touring_1.jpg

2nd choice and no they weren't available that way

SHO_Wagon_Side.jpg

If you are a bowtie fan (the other two options are way better) you can go this route

1996.buick.roadmaster.1350-396x249.jpg

Turn it into a Buick Impala SS+ if you will.

Definitely not Blazers, will give you the space and can easily meet your other goals. The easiest chassis to get where you need it to will be the E34 BMW by a long shot. Probably the cheapest parts as well.

5.3 GM with one of these bad ass mother fuckers on it would give you right at 500hp on fairly low boost.

Soooo Badass

Was gonna STS my 02 corvette a while back. went 500 shot NOS instead.

Thats a little out of my budget. well not my budget....but the wifes budget.

@ ///M5. if i could find the buick wagon for a reasonable price i would get it in a heartbeat. i cant say ive ever seen an SHO wagon but im interested. i had a buddy with an SHO that smoked my 04 GT 5 speed.

There were no SHO wagons, you'd have to do that yourself. Had a couple SHO's myself including one that was rather ridiculous. Would be cheap to slap together though.

The easiest of the bunch would be the Bm'er though and yes I am biased, but it is for GOOD reasons. That era is ultra cheap and can be made to rip. Hell if you wanted a small block would fit in rather easily.

There were no SHO wagons, you'd have to do that yourself. Had a couple SHO's myself including one that was rather ridiculous. Would be cheap to slap together though.

The easiest of the bunch would be the Bm'er though and yes I am biased, but it is for GOOD reasons. That era is ultra cheap and can be made to rip. Hell if you wanted a small block would fit in rather easily.

I know ford didnt make one but i had never seen one around. im looking into the bimmer wagon now

If it weren't for the 155mph part (though with today's available mods it might be possible) I would recommend something completely different, like a retired Ambulance??

If it weren't for the 155mph part (though with today's available mods it might be possible) I would recommend something completely different, like a retired Ambulance??

lol. thats original

Soooo Badass

I bet that was fun! I believe too much fun if I remember correctly. :fing34:

LOL, better to ask for forgiveness than permission.

Soooo Badass

I bet that was fun! I believe too much fun if I remember correctly. :fing34:

LOL, better to ask for forgiveness than permission.

yeah the cop thought it was fun too.

How bout a blazer somethin?

I'm doing the Blazer!!!!

How bout a Volvo wagon?? here is a link for some thought...Volvo V8