holley2346

Tahoe Round 2

I was going to wait until I had finished everything, but by the time my subs get here I will be too old to type. haha :)

--- Previous setup (~147 on music)

Fi Audio Generation 2 BTL 18

Sundown Audio 3000D

2 Optima Yellow Tops

Sundown Audio 50.4

Polk Audio component sets in the front doors and kicks

--- What's going in

2 Fi Audio Generation 3 BTL N2's (18s)

Sundown Audio 3000D (.5 ohm)

4 Optima Yellow Tops, some sort of group 31 in the oem secondary battery tray

not changing the component sets in the kicks/doors

leaving the 50.4

adding 3-4 apt super tweeters and some selenium mids for rear fill (just when I'm at shows with the hatch open)

And some pictures;

First part of the new system to arrive;

5186182952_50aa4c8ec2.jpg

250SP

5186179116_5a2a4e92d3.jpg

Before

5186119134_232523da1f.jpg

After

5186104616_e76325a409.jpg

The Idea;

5192716521_359d86cc65.jpg

Trying to form the idea into reality

5264110765_dfc79f4265.jpg

Everything out and ready for the box

5264108815_33deca9883.jpg

Slid the box in

5264715050_e8576f40fd.jpg

Had to get some more power for the .5 ohm transition

5264649994_f2bb8f670a.jpg

Still waiting on the VCM, Waiting on FI for the subs. I'll wait a couple of weeks before adding the second baffle/carpet.

Thanks for looking :) Give me some feedback

Edited by holley2346

What size Gen 3 BTL's??? You forgot to say :)

Fixed... they will be 18's

Saweet. Looking forward to the finished product. So far everything looks great! :drink40:

Tuned in! Interested in seeing how the amp does at .5 for daily...

Forgot to post the box for the seleniums. I mounted some horn loaded tweeters in the sides and front.

Had to put new diaphrams in 2 of the horns... they told me they didn't like having a low xover (they blew in about an hour).

5264714346_9128e1d13b.jpg

And the box;

5264713394_b9be058505.jpg

Also a better view of the way I am mounting my amps.... if I just had 1 extra inch I'd be in much better shape. Everything is such a tight fit!

5264716240_bb3de02e22.jpg

The wires have been organized, I just ran out of time on the first day.

Nice!!! I like the alt setup!! Tuned in!! :popcorn:

Looking good bro!

:drink40:

Where are you putting that box of mids?

Where were you trying to cross those ST at? What model are they?

Looking good bro!

:drink40:

Where are you putting that box of mids?

Where were you trying to cross those ST at? What model are they?

I don't know the model numbers off the top of my head. The two I blew were the rectangular horn. The other two are the 90* conical ones.

They all use the same motor.... Eminence Horns.

I had them crossed over very low.... I believe in the thousand-ish range. I'm still not sure what I was thinking, but they popped pretty quick. I have them crossed over at 5,000 now and they have the ability to hurt and make you cringe without going pop. :)

In my mind the amp doesn't just realize it's and .5 and blow..... I believe people keep their electrical under par and with the lower resistance the amp consumes more power.... the lower the voltage the "slower" the power is moving and therefore more power (amperage) is needed. This stresses the internals of the amp and puts them under high stress. My goal is to stay around 14.x volts to keep the amp healthy. I obviously can't do this with additional batts (since the 12v batts float around 12.5) so I will likely need additional alternator power.

I don't know if I listed this before, but I will likely be acquiring an additional 3000D and run both at 1ohm, which seems less risky to me.

No matter what route I go, the amps will be running under the most optimal conditions I can provide.... yes that even means lowering the gains from their optimal position (wattage wise) if need be.

Edited by holley2346

In my mind the amp doesn't just realize it's and .5 and blow..... I believe people keep their electrical under par and with the lower resistance the amp consumes more power.... the lower the voltage the "slower" the power is moving and therefore more power (amperage) is needed. This stresses the internals of the amp and puts them under high stress. My goal is to stay around 14.x volts to keep the amp healthy. I obviously can't do this with additional batts (since the 12v batts float around 12.5) so I will likely need additional alternator power.

I don't know if I listed this before, but I will likely be acquiring an additional 3000D and run both at 1ohm, which seems less risky to me.

No matter what route I go, the amps will be running under the most optimal conditions I can provide.... yes that even means lowering the gains from their optimal position (wattage wise) if need be.

I hear ya. At least your giving it enough power to cover the amperage draw and is just for the mean time

:fing34:

Looks great so far, looking forward to the finished product. Keep up the good work and don't forget more pix!! :fing34:

Well I just found a reasonable deal on another 3000D so I purchased it.... I talked to someone at DC about their triple alt kits, I believe it was Mark (I'm bad with names)..... I may end up having to go this route but I'm not sure yet.

Also got notification from Fi that my subs will be shipped out tomorrow!

Edited by holley2346

Definately subscribed to this. You have to give a review on these subs. Especially since you've had the previous iteration btl.

I added this

IMAG0333.jpg

Then the UPS man came with two of this

2010-12-24%2014.45.05.jpg

The motors looks like this

2010-12-24%2014.45.20.jpg

The vibrations causes this

2010-12-25%2011.54.21.jpg

Along with blowing the fi logo off

2010-12-25%2011.54.56.jpg

I can't begin to tell you how ridiculous this setup is.... and it's only running with 1 3000D right now at .5 ohm(the other was damaged in shipping). I have ridiculous flex over my whole truck.... I even have grill flex and brake booster flex... It is beyond words.

I should have it metered pretty soon... that will explain what words can not. :)

Edited by holley2346

Just as an update... I had some problems with my amp.

This was due to a combination of low voltage and vibration.

So to solve the voltage issue I am going triple alts, as well as doing the following;

Before;

2011-01-15%2010.01.19.jpg

After;

2011-01-15%2012.38.48.jpg

And before anyone starts going on about mixing batteries.... they are all agm batteries with the same float voltage. The grey batts are 700 cca and over 100 AH.

More updates to come.

What RMS are them subs?? Looks like a good install, get some vids up of it playin :)

NICE!

So how are they compared to the Gen 2's??????

Lets pray you get your alts in a timely fashion, I can't imagine whats gonna happen with :morepower1:

Just as an update... I had some problems with my amp.

This was due to a combination of low voltage and vibration.

So to solve the voltage issue I am going triple alts, as well as doing the following;

Before;

2011-01-15%2010.01.19.jpg

After;

2011-01-15%2012.38.48.jpg

And before anyone starts going on about mixing batteries.... they are all agm batteries with the same float voltage. The grey batts are 700 cca and over 100 AH.

More updates to come.

Whats the reason behind turning the batts around? lol

Looks insane!!! Make sure to upload vids