thebiggmann12

recone problem

ok guys, i messed up my recone pretty bad...i used the 10 minute epoxy...and i guess i didn't mix it right bc its just tacky and still not dry. it has been sitting on my counter for well over 5 hours...what should i do?

ok guys, i messed up my recone pretty bad...i used the 10 minute epoxy...and i guess i didn't mix it right bc its just tacky and still not dry. it has been sitting on my counter for well over 5 hours...what should i do?

The epoxy sets up in 10 minutes yes, but fully cures in about 24 hours.

Wait and see if it hardens up.

ok, it seems to be slowly getting harder, but its still sorta tacky.

Hmm, any epoxy I ever used would have been very hard by now. Sounds like you either didn't get the mixture right (too much or too little hardener) or didn't mix the hardener/resin properly. Most of the epoxies I have worked with have 2 different colors (white & black for example) so you can tell by looking if the resin and hardener have been mixed well enough (mixture turns gray).

with CA glue and applicator.. u could have applied that stuff and be beatin within 15 minutes!

It's been done in competition many times.

lol i didn't wanna wait for shipping, can i just pull the recone back out clean everything and reglue and do it right this time?