Sign in to follow this  
Electrodynamic

Wire Ring has started

I don't think so. I think Brad and I are the closest to you. Everyone else is pretty much up and down the east Coast except for Justin.

Are you close to Chicago? Depending on when you are on the list I might go that way if you are. The M does like to stretch its legs and winter is coming. I'd much rather do it before snow--in fact I have a set of tires I want to wear tf out.

Are you close to Chicago?  Depending on when you are on the list I might go that way if you are.  The M does like to stretch its legs and winter is coming.  I'd much rather do it before snow--in fact I have a set of tires I want to wear tf out.

Lol, if you have a set of tires you want to 'wear out' I'll help pay for the gas to dayton just so I can ride along while you're wearing them out...

Anybody know ~ when I should have the wire.... Nick, how thick is the wire as I'm going to have to drill holes in my pods for it....

Are you close to Chicago?  Depending on when you are on the list I might go that way if you are.  The M does like to stretch its legs and winter is coming.  I'd much rather do it before snow--in fact I have a set of tires I want to wear tf out.

Lol, if you have a set of tires you want to 'wear out' I'll help pay for the gas to dayton just so I can ride along while you're wearing them out...

Anybody know ~ when I should have the wire.... Nick, how thick is the wire as I'm going to have to drill holes in my pods for it....

Well I don't have the heart to buy 18's when I haven't worn the rubber off the 17's. Then I can put shows on the 17's too.

I'm in South Bend, about 1.5 hours aways from Chi-town. Wire already left my place though. It's on it's way to Brad.

He's Southeast of me, and after that it continues it's Eastward voyage until heading Justin's way.

I'm in South Bend, about 1.5 hours aways from Chi-town.  Wire already left my place though.  It's on it's way to Brad. 

He's Southeast of me, and after that it continues it's Eastward voyage until heading Justin's way.

:bigok:

Received the wire today, along with some surprisingly accurate personal references noted on the demo ring address page ;):D

So, I haven't read a lot of the threads regarding this (mainly wanted to avoid reading any previous reviews of the wire, as to avoid influencing my own observations)......but what would one suggest to do with the wire for running a passive setup? Would the supposed "differences" still be there if I ran this wire from the amp to the passive, then "regular" wire from the passive to the speakers?

Want to be sure I'm giving this wire a fair shot, I guess.

I'm in South Bend, about 1.5 hours aways from Chi-town.

But did you put the wire before or after the passive? That was basically what I was getting at. "Regular" wire to the passive, then the Omni after it. Or Omni to the passive, and "regular" wire after it.

The wire must be ran all the way. You can't have normal wire ahead or behind this wire. It will only be as good as the weakest link. Remember Ryan hearing no difference when he spliced the TL wire in with HU wire? There won't be a difference unless it is ran from the amps terminals to the speaker itself (passive x over is fine if you have enough wire).

Well, the small passive networks inside my two in-house test enclosures did not seem to effect it. The passives are actually in the enclosures themselves with standard 16 guage hookup wire running from them to the drivers. The distance is minimal, with the longest run probably being 4", but I was still able to tell a difference.

Well, I guess I'll just play around with it then :D Try it a few different ways.

Where we at on this?????

I think Brad still has it. Been out of my hands for weeks.

I'd still love to have that wire in my car... but after examining how the wire runs through my car, well, lets just say that I think I'd rather saw my own arm off than try to install it all. I'm having seizures just thinking about getting 3 runs of it into my front doors!

I'm no install wuss either... I took a die grinder to my doors to install my midbass and tweeters and a jigsaw to the door skin for the midranges!

I think Brad still has it.  Been out of my hands for weeks.

Nope. Been at UCP's since 11/25

And I, unfortunately, never got a chance to hook it up :( The weather was nice up until the day the wire arrived.....then it turned to crap. And the rare couple days the weather was decent I was busy with other obligations. So I never got a chance to get it in my car, and my home stereo is not set up in a manor to accept other speaker cable (cheap crappy 10+yr old RCA bookshelf system).

I was really rather disappointed, but the stars just did not align for me.

Yep, it arrived but has yet to be listened to (again) ;). Good to know it arrived. (I was begining to wonder if the wire arrived). :)

While you're in here, is the RCA cable available in bulk without ends?