millertime

started my box for Dcons

well i started to build my setup for the 2 12" Dcons i ordered a week ago... on the sides are going to be for the Dcons.. 1.20 cu.ft. sealed ... it will look larger from the front , but will have a smaller box inside.. then in the center will be for my amp.. dvd blue ray player.. direct tv tivo .. it will sit under my 50" samsung that is mounted to the wall.. well here is a few pics of it.. just getting started... so dam cold out.. i cut the mdf and routed it out side in the work shead, but putting it together in the basement.. on the wifes folding table..

003-4.jpg

004-1.jpg

005-1.jpg

Edited by millertime

here is a cople pics of how my setup is now.. well how it was last year... i have yamaha speakers... center.. 2 front .. 2 rear... and a set of Candence F-17 fronts on the top of my yamaha's .. i have a Deno avr-591... and now bought a bash 500 watt amp for the subs

007-8.jpg

004-5.jpg

Looks awesome. :)

looks amazing!!!

and a set of Candence F-17 fronts on the top of my yamaha's

why on top?

why on top?

Cause more is always better? :puzzled:

:P

What is going on here:

3 User(s) are reading this topic

3 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

denim,Miller,millertime

Time for a beer I guess?

What is going on here:

denim,Miller,millertime

Time for a beer I guess?

Beat you 2 it. I just cracked the first one. :drink40:

What is going on here:

denim,Miller,millertime

Time for a beer I guess?

Beat you 2 it. I just cracked the first one. :drink40:

I remember what my 1st beer tasted like.... On my 3rd now :drink40:

why on top?

i didn't know were else to put them....... i had just bought them, they had a sale on them.. so i sat them up there to hook them up to see how they sounded... they sound allright but they like alot more power then my yamaha's ... here is were i found them onsale at...denim knows this site i think..... http://www.homeaudioforum.net/topic/113-cadence-f-17-speakers-on-blow-out/

Edited by millertime

why on top?

i didn't know were else to put them....... i had just bought them, they had a sale on them.. so i sat them up there to hook them up to see how they sounded... they sound allright but they like alot more power then my yamaha's ... here is were i found them onsale at...denim knows this site i think..... http://www.homeaudioforum.net/topic/113-cadence-f-17-speakers-on-blow-out/

I would hope I know that site. ;)

why on top?

I would hope I know that site. ;)

:lol2::lol2::lol2::lol2:

why on top?

Ha, I thought you had them both hooked up :P

I just spent more than that on crossover components for a set of pc speakers, lol.

why on top?

Ha, I thought you had them both hooked up :P

I just spent more than that on crossover components for a set of pc speakers, lol.

I have been thinking about taking them out and hooking them up in my truck and see what they sound like ... they have some nice looking 6.5's in them.. and they seem to liike more power then i want to push them with in the house... maybe take the 6.5's out and put in some kick pannels ... or in the kids car... if the sound very good

i should have it alll done today.............. here are a couple more pics... it is super heavey, 2 full sheats of 3/4 MDF in it

003-8.jpg

005-7.jpg

Edited by millertime

Wow, great craftsmanship! Turned out great.

:drink40:

:phatyo:

Looks good man, definitely gave me some ideas when I get around to my home audio setup.

That looks really nice!!! great wood working skills. I wasnt sure when i saw the first few pics, but painted and complete i am quite jealous. :fing34:

Wow, very nice!

Thanks everyone..... it sounds good.... other then my boy says he can hear a high pitch whistle when the bass hits.. i feel a little air coming around one of the subs... when he listens he can hear it at both subs... ( i can't hear it.. i think to many years of loud music for me. and some of my bikes and quads are pretty loud. plus i am getting old 50.. ) i am thinking of going to the army surplus store, i seen they have some of that like tar rope.. kind of like what they use to give you when you would install a sun rofe in a car to seal out the water .. any other ideas of what to put around the back of the sub to seal it ? i am pretty sure the rest of the box is sealed good.. this is the first sealed box i have every built..

Edited by millertime

There is the foam tape you can order from parts-express.com>>> speaker gasket tape