Sign in to follow this  
xLogan225x

Head Unit Problem!!

I recently bought some 35w 8000K hids from DDM Tuning. I installed them and now every time I turn my lows on manually, my HU (Kenwood KDC-MP345U) just stops playing music, forcing me to turn my HU off and then back on. The HU stays on but seems to just be frozen. If anyone knows how to fix this please help.

Thanks in advance.

the only two wires that should be affected by the headlights are the dimmer and illuminations wirres. Both orange on your radio harness. Disconnect both and see if it fixes the problem.

the only two wires that should be affected by the headlights are the dimmer and illuminations wirres. Both orange on your radio harness. Disconnect both and see if it fixes the problem.

Yeah, that didnt work. Anything else that could be?

Still having the problem every once in a while. Any ideas?

Edited by xLogan225x

Did you tap any wires for radio while installing the hid's?

what exactly do you mean?

When you did the light install did you wire any of the light wires to a wire that has a function on the radio, or did you plug into factory light harness?

Which harness do you have? The $20 harness or $140 harness?

I would still lean towards something to do with the dimmer and illumination wire.

edit: guess there isn't one

hard to diagnose problems like this when we didn't install it.

If you installed it go over ur wiring again.

If someone else installed them take it back and have them fix it.

DIRECTWIRE™ WIRING INFORMATION - CHEVROLET / SILVERADO / 2005 / Audio Radio 12v  orange   +   radio harness   Radio Ground  black/white   -   radio harness   Radio Ignition  (Class 2 Serial Data)    	 Radio Illumination  N/A    	 Factory Amp Turn-on  pink   +   radio harness   Power Antenna  N/A    	 LF Speaker +/-  tan - gray   +,-  radio harness   Notes: If equipped, the amplifier is under the center console.  RF Speaker +/-  lt. green - dk. green   +,-  radio harness   LR Speaker +/-  brown - yellow   +,-  radio harness   RR Speaker +/-  dk. blue - lt. blue   +,-  radio harness    Interface Module: Category: Immobilizer Bypass  Required: Yes Type: Passlock II  Part #: 555LW  Alternate Part1 #: 555T  Notes: Not required if using the combo interface module. The Passlock II wire colors are yellow, black, and red/white (not used).  Interface Module: Category: Door Lock Interface  Required: Yes Type: Data Bus  Part #: 456G  Notes: Not required if using the combo interface module.  Interface Module: Category: Combo Interface  Required: Yes Type: Data Bus  Part #: 457GW  Notes: