AllenH427

Fully loaded SSD or Stock Q

Trying to help my brother out here. The SSD will sound good enough for him, quite a step up from a rf p2 :fing34: so I'm just going by what would you guys expect to be louder? Each sub would be in a proper enclosure. It'll be in his eclipse, which is a hatchback. Single 10".

I would suggest the BL, It would be much louder and sound very good on 1200 watts... Although it is vehicle Dependant, I'm very confident that the output of the Q will not suffice.

I keep trying to push him to the BL, but it's a little out of his budget...

You're not trying hard enough! from a stock Q to a BL the price is only aprox ~30$ difference.

Then you must account for shipping.

Shipping is not much different.. only a 6$ difference.

what are your brothers goals?

enclosure (sealed/ported)?

What type of music does he listen to?

Is he going for SPL or SQ or just an all around daily sub?

Looks like his budget is around $250 for a sub and as you stated he will be running an aq1200.

SSD will be louder then the Q under perfect conditions, but 1200w is quite a lot for the SSD daily. :peepwall:

SSD will be louder then the Q under perfect conditions, but 1200w is quite a lot for the SSD daily. :peepwall:

Surprised this hasn't been said.

Exactly.. Your best option for that kind of power is the BL. the BL will too be louder on the same power than the Q.

Is the BL that big of a difference compared to the Q? From the videos and reviews I have seen the Q can get pretty loud.

For all intensive basic purposes, yes, there is an audible and easily measurable difference.

Exactly.. Your best option for that kind of power is the BL. the BL will too be louder on the same power than the Q.

Why do you say that? The Q has a stronger motor and can handle more power than the SSD.

Why do you say that? The Q has a stronger motor and can handle more power than the SSD.

A stronger motor and more rated power handling does now equate to more loud.

Now that we have that clarified, I don't agree with Julian here, the modern Q has changed a lot from what it was, it is geared more for loud than sound quality. In this situation I will STILL go with a BL or BTL, without a doubt.

He's pretty set on not getting a BL. And consider for music purposes, the SSD will not be seeing that full 1200 watts, more around the 900-1000 watt range.

To answer the question above, he's going ported FO SHO, and he listens to rap. It's going to be a daily sub, but to narrow it down further, which one would be louder on music?

He's pretty set on not getting a BL. And consider for music purposes, the SSD will not be seeing that full 1200 watts, more around the 900-1000 watt range.

To answer the question above, he's going ported FO SHO, and he listens to rap. It's going to be a daily sub, but to narrow it down further, which one would be louder on music?

The BL

The BL

Between the Q and SSD, the Q... now i gotta go :peepwall: , if he is set on NOT getting the BL (which i don't understand why)..

Would be great to have Nick chime in on this so people can realize once n for all the modern Q does more than people seem to think it can

Edited by bimmerboy

A fully loaded ssd is the way to go. With the power option, the ssd will be able to handle 1000 watts probably even 1200 as long as your not gain happy.