oestjo

Stock electrical and 1500w amp wha tis the best 15 i could get ?

I have a zx1500.1 amp but want to get a new one and stock electical and am getting a custom box. I plan on getting one 15 and havent had anything besides 7s in the past and want to change. I was looking at the lethal injection any other option that you guys think would be better? IM OPEN TO OTHE AMPS TO THAT WILL BETTER SUIT THE SUB

Edited by oestjo

Welcome to SSA. What are your goals?

I just want it to be loud. so the sub that i can feel the most but at the same time sounds good. Il be getting a custom box from davetheboxguy. So i guess spl??

If you have room for a 4^3 or so box pick up an XCON15.

Welcome to SSA. What are your goals?

I just want it to be loud. so the sub that i can feel the most but at the same time sounds good. Il be getting a custom box from davetheboxguy. So i guess spl??

SO which one is it and what is your budget?

all sub's are "loud" by nature. Some just sound better than others, while others may handle abuse better. SPL refer's to a one note fart cannon for competing, which I doubt is what you want?

If you want loud, I would recommend a ported enclosure.

If it where my money, I would buy either a SSA Xcon or a FI BL or BTL.

my budget is around 1000 and i want spl. I was looking at a SA nightshade 15" and an SA saz 1500d amp. that goes a little over but its ok.

my budget is around 1000 and i want spl. I was looking at a SA nightshade 15" and an SA saz 1500d amp. that goes a little over but its ok.

Why waste money on a new amp if you already have one?

Sounds like you anwsered your own question about the sub. Good Luck.

i know but im saying would there be a better amp than the kicker because i heard the sa saz1500d is really good

i know but im saying would there be a better amp than the kicker because i heard the sa saz1500d is really good

No audibe difference with either amp. The Kicker amp is a badass amp also, so don't let people's internet or forum boner's for one particular brand fool you.

will the nighshade still be good for bumpin to rap or will it just be good as a "one note fart cannon"

and is this box anygood

http://www.wooferset...igh-SPL-Box.htm

The Nightshade will sound good if you set it up right, and is made to handle abuse.

A one note fart cannon refers to building the enclosure to peak out really hard at one frequency, for competion. This style of box won't sound good with music.

The prefab boxes are usaully tuned alittle high, and every subwoofer needs different enclosure specs to sound good and still get "loud". I suggest picking the sub and getting an enclosure built to that subs specs based on your needs. You can contact custom box builders on this forum that will help you meet your goals.

http://www.soundsolutionsaudio.com/forum/forum/91-argent-audio/

Unless you are really not worried about blowing the money, you may want to build the box yourself. There are many guys on the forum who can set you up with a solid design for a few bucks.

Contact Bromo on here. He did a great design for my 4 15's box.

Take the money that you would have spent on a new amp and upgrade your electrical. At the very least you're going to want battery upgrades.

Like previously stated, dont waste your money on a new amp if you have a functioning zx1500.1. A nightshade can definitely get loud and even sound good in the right box. As far as your electrical, you have to set up the big 3 atleast. Its not a good idea to strain your cars electrical, especially if you have the budget for a few batts.

Edited by Deto1992

what kind of vehicle is this going in? ssa xcon, sa nightshade or Z v2, fi btl, incriminator death penalty or death row.....a good sub helps but the box will make or break the system. avoid premade boxes like the link u posted, if u get a good box built or get a design n build urself it will be alot louder and sound better. for a single 15 4cu. ft. ported tuned at 33hz is perfect for rap on a daily system. i would definately upgrade ur electrical, as im running a single 15 on a saz1500 and its hell on my stock alt. and battery. within a month of having the car i had to swap out the alternator with one i had layin around and i doubt it'll last long. also just to tip make sure ur stereo has sub outputs that helps alot that most newbies dont know

what kind of vehicle is this going in? ssa xcon, sa nightshade or Z v2, fi btl, incriminator death penalty or death row.....a good sub helps but the box will make or break the system. avoid premade boxes like the link u posted, if u get a good box built or get a design n build urself it will be alot louder and sound better. for a single 15 4cu. ft. ported tuned at 33hz is perfect for rap on a daily system. i would definately upgrade ur electrical, as im running a single 15 on a saz1500 and its hell on my stock alt. and battery. within a month of having the car i had to swap out the alternator with one i had layin around and i doubt it'll last long. also just to tip make sure ur stereo has sub outputs that helps alot that most newbies dont know

For 1500 watts, a Zv2 would do better than a Nightshade v2, also cheaper.

hey man..

id sujest the 18" Fi audio BTL. i have a 1994 ext.bar ranger, stock electric and a kicker zx1500.1 on my 18" Fi BTL fully loaded and WOW! even though the 18" fi btl says its 2500 rms, it still sounds DAMN good on 1500 watts and it flexxes pretty good. you can pick up a 18" Fi BTL used for id say 350. spend ur other 650$ on a alternator, and batteries. Hope this helps!!

That Kicker amp will be more than enough for whatever sub woofer you decide on. As stated above upgrade your electrical buy starting with the "Big 3" and using 1/0 gauge power cable.

That Kicker amp will be more than enough for whatever sub woofer you decide on.

I wouldn't go that far, because there are subs that are insanely inefficient and insanely stiff that require 3000+ watts to be useful.

I wouldn't go that far, because there are subs that are insanely inefficient and insanely stiff that require 3000+ watts to be useful.

Then I'd look for different woofers.

lawls!!

But he said the amp would be more than enough power for any sub...... :ohnoes9:

:fing34: