Sign in to follow this  
PHATBOi

Another PHATBOi Build Log- 03 Protege ES

This is gonna be completed over the next few weeks as money permits. As of now I have the front stage in and playing.

Installed Now

Kenwood KDC-X493

AP3002

2- Selenium 6w4p's (doors)

2- Vifa 1" Textile Dome Tweets (on caps wired with 6w4p's in doors)

2 - Sony Xplod Something or Other 6x9's (rear deck)

1 - Run of 2/0 from front to back

2/3- Big 3 done (will do alt-batt when I get the HO alt) DB Link 0 AWG

200 amp fuse after front batt

200 amp fuse in back (will be infront of rear batt when it is installed)

Coming Soon

1- 2.8^3 @ 36Hz 3/4" Birch Bass Heads Ent. Box (already have)

1- Audiopipe AP18001D (already have, well kinda, currently resides at Value Pawn but will be redeemed soon)

1- Sub (Not at liberty to disclose this information at this time. Rest assured, Epicness will be reached.)

1- 100ah Batt for trunk

1- Maniac Electric Motors 140 amp HO Alt (Don't hate, it's all I can afford, lol)

Just got done installing and tuning the front stage, and I must say, this is the best I have EVER made anything sound in my life. I am very proud of this setup/install and will be at the Tampa show Sunday if anyone wants to hear it.

Pic/Vids will be up as soon as I have access to a camera.

If all goes well, install should be complete for the KOB show in Feb.

Side Note- Ordered full Motor/Tranny Mount set today. Should be here early next week at the latest and will be installed upon arrival. Once this is complete, car should be in good shape for a while.

Will update thread as more work is complete. Thanks.

Shout out to Robin and Bass Heads Ent. for the awsome enclosure! This guy DOES WORK!

Shout out to Chuck for the Vifa's!

Shout out to Big D for the Seleniums!

th_001.jpg

Changed a few things up. Ditched the 6x9's and put 2 more 6w4p's in my back doors so 4 in total. Got the 2 Vifa's runnin caped off the front channels of the head unit. The AP3002 is on the rear outputs runnin at 4 ohms by 2 for 160 rms per side crossover lp'd x10 to 5500 and it is hp'd on the deck at 120 making a ghetto bandpass for my mids. Cleaned up my midrange alot.

Everything ordered and got the final design from Bass Heads Ent. for my box:

180762_191978170826661_156931164331362_594511_5238869_n.jpg

Should be built real soon. pucking Pysched!

Get a hold of that camera, we want to see more pics! Enclosure look's sweet. :popcorn:

Looking forward to the progress, but I want to ask; why even have the 6x9's in the rear with that much sub bass and such high sensitivity mids up front?

Looking forward to the progress, but I want to ask; why even have the 6x9's in the rear with that much sub bass and such high sensitivity mids up front?

He will probably update soon, but he place another pair of Seleniums in the car and they are in the rear doors I believe.

Just had them there for the hell of it, but dropped them when the other set of 6w4p's went in :).

iamamp3pimp:

Triple baffle' date=' Double Kerf and a Really tight fitting flush mount.

Here are some pics, lmk what you think

[img']http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d177/iamamp3pimp/pic03.jpg

pic0.jpg

pic001.jpg

pic1.jpg

pic02.jpg

pic2.jpg

Pic3.jpg

Pic4.jpg

Pic5.jpg

Thank you Robin. Box looks AMAZING :)! (Not my sub used in pics. DC Level 5/PSI 12 he built for his wife :)

Edited by PHATBOi

Aight, for those of you who hung in there, this is where it starts to pay off, lol. Got my hands on a camera finally. Here it goes...

DSCN0532-1.jpg

DSCN0531-1.jpg

DSCN0530-1.jpg

DSCN0527-1.jpg

DSCN0526-1.jpg

DSCN0523-1.jpg

Sub and box are going in my bro-in-law's build, just borrowing them until my box and sub are done. Sub is running 8 ohms of my AP18001D for ~300-350 rms and it bangs!

DSCN0522-1.jpg

DSCN0521-2.jpg

DSCN0520-2.jpg

DSCN0519-2.jpg

Edited by PHATBOi

Pics of 140 amp HO Alt and final 1/3 of Big 3 installed. Also replaced both belts while I had them off.

DSCN0553.jpg

DSCN0554.jpg

DSCN0555.jpg

DSCN0556.jpg

Just waiting on box and sub and this will be a wrap!

Hurry it up!!! DANG IT! :peepwall:

:fing34:

Looks nice Bro.

I just looked at those HFi 12" subs. Holy shit $40 pair shipped. I could fit a shit load of those in my truck and break stuff for chump change. lol

:rofl2:

lol 40$ thats cheap for a little bass!

Thanks guys :). I LOVE IT! Finding any reason to drive somewhere, lol.

The HFi's are AWESOME little subs. I am thoroughly impressed with them and will not hesitate to recomend them or use them again myself. Sub took rms power in a box that was too big and tuned high sounded good doing it and never bottomed out. I did drop it below tuning once or twice, but it just flopped, never bottomed out.

Crappy vid a buddy of mine took at 3am in the Walmart parking lot the night I got it installed, lol. Just got it uploaded. He couldn't find the plug for his phone, lol.

th_0228005017.jpg

Thanks for the updates.

"New" 4 channel amp for my highs. 22 year old Sony XM-5540 4 channel bridged at 240 (underrated) rms x 2 @ 4 ohms to my 4 Selenium 6w4p's. Really brought them to life. Never had anything sound so CLEAN in my life. This thing is a current hog though. I drop .5 volts with just the highs playing full tilt, lol. Absolutely love it. Trying to get the guy who is loaning it to me to sell it. He has a matching XM-5540F from 91' (had built in x-over, mine don't) in his car. Only 2 we know of. Make with the pics.

102_1513.jpg

Bottom one is mine.

102_1514.jpg

Top one.

102_1512.jpg

Bottom.

Edited by PHATBOi

:bigok: