Sign in to follow this  
Havasufreak

does this sound correct to you?

ok so i believe my sub box is about 1.08 cuft or very close to that.

if i was to add this kit here... http://www.madisound...products_id=711

you think that would fit my application? in order to get 34hz with a single 3" inlet im going to need a "13.06364" long tube. if i got this kit i could cut it to length?

what do you think?

with a box of that amount of cuft do you guys think i should tune to a different setting aswell? let me know what you think!!

Link doesn't work.

What sub are you using? What are your goals for the system?

Hard to know if it fits your application, if we don't know what your application is ;)

ok so i believe my sub box is about 1.08 cuft or very close to that.

if i was to add this kit here... http://www.madisound...products_id=711

you think that would fit my application? in order to get 34hz with a single 3" inlet im going to need a "13.06364" long tube. if i got this kit i could cut it to length?

what do you think?

with a box of that amount of cuft do you guys think i should tune to a different setting aswell? let me know what you think!!

So the box is about 1 cubic foot not counting the port? Is this counting sub displacement also? The problem with adding the port would be less overall volume of the box. The port would work in theory but it sounds like it would be a small box. I see Fi recommends 1.2 cubic feet. I guess you wouldn't be far off from that. I use those PSP ports all the time and they are easy to use/cut. If it was me personally, I would redesign a box to use with that 3" aero or possibly a 4" aero.

the box is 1.02 cuft total after sub displacement. i have room for a 3inch port with the site telling me "13.06364" in order to get 34hz.

is a 3 inch port to big for a 10 inch sub?

so what size port would you guys recommend for an Fi bl 10??

I would actually go for a pipe 4" in diameter. :-)

that would be cool! i looked into a 4" with http://www.psp-inc.com/tools.html but it wouldnt fit.

when i type in my volume for the box on the site do i account displacement of the sub? or just the overall box?

With the sub in there the volume is less, same goes for the port also. You always subtract sub, port, bracing etc when doing figures.

The box will be bigger than you think, unless you use an external port.

Why don't you want a slot port ?

Take a look at the free designs on the Tech sections on the Fi Forum, or the SSA ones.

i would love to use a slot port design, but its a very strange looking box thats placed behind the center console in my quad cab truck. aero ports are the way to go for this box.

theres a pic in my build log.

for some strange reason i ordered a 3" port and i just got a 2" port delivered to my house... great... more time to wait since i get to send it back and pay shipping too!! :woot: