Sign in to follow this  
spitfire91104

Sa-10 Sub is making slapping/rattling noise at all volumes!!&#

Pay someone local who knows what they are doing to pinpoint the problem with you system.

It isn't woofer(s).

I would check to see if your enclosure didn't crack somwhere or something internally didn't come loose. Sounds like the enclosure is the culprit. Would you have a test box to use for a short term test in your vehicle?

My box cant just start coming lose. It is made out of fiberglass is not a square design. It is custom molded to fit in a side cubby of my trunk. Unfortunately where I live the only installer is a guy who does not even screw speakers in when he installs them. I heard the mechanical noise with my 600w amp at all gains. Its the EXACT same noise. And was exactly the same inside the box. To me sounds like a muffler is splitting the the two parts are hitting each other when the bass hits. I have been informed this is called suspension noise.

There simply isn't a noise coming from the unit you sent back to us that would be audible when in a box especially in a trunk.

Now... my question is this -- have you gotten the other driver in the box at all ? I am assuming not due to the fitment issue. Is this correct ?

If this is the case I suggest taking a dremel to the area touching the motor so that the driver slides in and if it is contacting that surface place an insulator like rubber or foam on that spot. If the magnet was touching your enclosure this could very easily create a rattling sound.

Also... if the tight fit prevented the driver from fully sealing against the enclosure a leak around the driver can make some VERY nasty sounds.

As we have discussed the unit we have here that is supposed to be making the same rattling sound tests perfect -- the same as the other couple 1000 SA drivers out there. They simply don't make an audible rattle that can be heard when mounted in an enclosure.

There simply isn't a noise coming from the unit you sent back to us that would be audible when in a box especially in a trunk.

Now... my question is this -- have you gotten the other driver in the box at all ? I am assuming not due to the fitment issue. Is this correct ?

If this is the case I suggest taking a dremel to the area touching the motor so that the driver slides in and if it is contacting that surface place an insulator like rubber or foam on that spot. If the magnet was touching your enclosure this could very easily create a rattling sound.

Also... if the tight fit prevented the driver from fully sealing against the enclosure a leak around the driver can make some VERY nasty sounds.

As we have discussed the unit we have here that is supposed to be making the same rattling sound tests perfect -- the same as the other couple 1000 SA drivers out there. They simply don't make an audible rattle that can be heard when mounted in an enclosure.

X2222222222222

Also if you're dropping the impedance LOWER than your amplifier can handle it'll make these sounds.. a similar thing happened to me.

Test the sub in a different enclosure to rule out the sub woofer. If the sub woofer tests out fine by Sundown it has to be your enclosure.

You need to drive somewhere to pay someone to find out what is wrong with your system.

It is all going to be mental masturbation for you up until that point....