Sign in to follow this  
Infinite913

SAZ3k only goes into protect PLEASE help!!!

I am in need of help. I have the sundown 3k and it has been working without any problems for a while now. I went to bump today and there was nothing so when I opened up the back it was in protect with the slight blue of the power light being on. I didnt do anything out of the ordinary and when I shut it off last it was working perfect. I took the backing off and there doesnt look like anything wrong but yet again I dont know nothing so it could be blown for all I know.

What I have done as far as trouble shooting: removed RCA wires and turned on still went into protect

Removed speaker wires but still goes into protect

removed power wire and of course nothing happens

Let me know of anything you can think of! As of right now I have it open on the table thinking maybe there was moisture in there air because of the temperature change but I blow dryed the inside and tryed it again but nothing still goes into protect.

It is sitting on the table wide open so If I will need pictures or something I can take them. I really dont have money to get it fixed and I planned on selling it but I dont want to sell it in the condition its in seeing that I will get raped on the price! so please if you could help with IDEAS that would be GREAT!

contact db-r.com

most likely have to send it to db-r for a rebuild

you should put it back together, hook only power, ground and remote up (and of course fusing).

If it's still in protect, read what voltage the power terminals are seeing.

If it's above 10v, then contact db-r.

Do this,

1. Get a DMM

2. Check your Voltage from the front at the + post, at the (front) battery +

3. Check the rear AT the battery bank if you have one, BEFORE the battery bank (the wire coming from the front)

4. Check at the amplifier.

5. Report back to us the voltages.

(car running BTW)

FALSE ALARM!!!!!!!!!!!!!! left it open on the table in the house all night and hooked it up one last time today and BOOM!!!!!!!!! BOOM!!!!!!!

So you "redid" wiring since you removed it and put it back??? :drink40: