armyranger3858

help on choosing my new 12s

skar audio wx-12s or dc audio level 3 12s  

10 members have voted

1. 1. Which two twelves should i get for loud and low bass?

• 2 skar audio wx-12
    • 2 dc audio level 3 12"

subs will be in 2.5 cubes each tuned to 32 hz....i want good lows but also a strong punch on higher notes each sub will be d4 powered by a rockford fosgate t1500-1bd

Edited by armyranger3858

well iv never owned either of those subs. BUT if i may, ill sujest the mtx 9500. i have 2 12's of those on a kicker zx1500.1 and DAMN!!! im not sure on your money situation, but i bought 2 of these used in a nice ported box for 500 and im very impressed.it gets REALLY loud,low, and clean bass. each sub is getting about 800-825 TRUE watts and it sounds really good. but thats just my opinion. hope it helps!

The Skars have gotten some very good reviews. I would say budget would be the deciding factor on your decision.

I have one 12" SKAR on about 700 RMS and i absolutely love it!!! it gets down really low, pounds, and sounds super tight and clean doing it. I voted for the skars, although to be fair i am not personally familiar with the sound of the DC level 3's

ive been liking these just cause ive been watching exocontrillos videos on youtube

http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/CarAudio/p_20706_Soundstream_SPLX-122HX.aspx?utm_source=google_shopping&utm_medium=Product_Feed&utm_campaign=google_shopping_Price_Comparison

i do have skars too i have 4 of them they do hit really hard and ive noticed they are really good at getting low but i havent been able to play my system for about i month my car couldnt handle my sundown 3000 my dc power 270 xp should be comming in the mail tomorrow

this is the bad voltage dropping i was talking about

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GQHbPzETgH8

it doesnt make sence i guess if you use different HUs the voltages will be different this is with a eclipse HU and i got this kenwood one in now and the volts would drop to 10 instead 12 its a big mess thats why i had to get this new alt my batteries werent staying charged either i got ripped off on ebay for a chinese junk alt

also for some reason the eclipse headunit was making all this static noise and the kenwood one is crystal clear i really fcked my self by buying the wrong stuff but i think ive learned now

Edited by markak134

I'd say your going a little big on your box for the skars. I asked Kevin how big to go for one on 500 watts and he said 2.1-2.2. You'll have 50% more power. So you'll probably want to go with around 1.8 per sub. Or you can take it easy on your electrical and keep the gain turned down. Are you buying just the subs or getting his 2 sub custom box special for 350?

I had a dc lvl 3 15" with lvl 4 soft parts. got pretty loud off 1200 watts.

not sure the difference in price, but sundown sa-12s might be a little easier to get your hands on. they like a smaller box to save u some space(1.75) and will take the power np

ive emailed dc several times with no response. only got the dc because it was used from a forum

I have done a few installs with the new Skar subwoofers and have been very impressed.

I've heard both setups and built boxes and installed both setups, and on the right power in the right box they are both pretty good. You will not be disappointed with either brand. I personally liked the skars more they really like to dig deep and get pretty loud. And sounded really clean. Its all install dependent though so we can't tell you one will be better than the other that is for you to decide.