mustangsub

subwoofer suggestion's for reg cab colorado

i am planning on getting a regular cab chevy colorado within the next few weeks and am starting to plan out the sound system. so far i know the h.u, door speakers and tweeters. but am not sure about the sub, amp or box. i have been looking at ssa and sundown audio. i am more into sq than spl and listen to a variety of music anywhere from rap to metal. and i have a budget for the sub, box, and amp of around 600 to 700. space is the number one issue since its a regular cab, i do not care if there is room in the back i just do not want to have to have the seat pulled up to an uncomfortable position.

There are some nice packages in the SSA store. If you want to do a single sub, the US Amps MD-21 and either 10" or 12" Dcon (I think there is a half inch difference in mounting depth) would be nice and save you some coin. The dual Dcon with Sundown 125.2 package would also be good if you wanted to run 2 subs. Do you want to use your whole budget and be loud or use about half and still sound great without rattling the piss out of your new truck (although I hear single Dcon setups can be plenty loud). There are loads of options to be sure, these are just a couple of very nice ones that I can think of.

There are some nice packages in the SSA store. If you want to do a single sub, the US Amps MD-21 and either 10" or 12" Dcon (I think there is a half inch difference in mounting depth) would be nice and save you some coin. The dual Dcon with Sundown 125.2 package would also be good if you wanted to run 2 subs. Do you want to use your whole budget and be loud or use about half and still sound great without rattling the piss out of your new truck (although I hear single Dcon setups can be plenty loud). There are loads of options to be sure, these are just a couple of very nice ones that I can think of.

yeah, i was looking at one 10 and try to port the box. And haha yeah i really dont want it to fall apart right after i get it

ssa dcons are nice choices, will give u good sq while getting loud. if u cant fit a 10 or 12, then i would look into the sa-8 ported, 1-2. sundown subs wont sound bad, but wont sound as good as the ssa subs imo.

ssa dcons are nice choices, will give u good sq while getting loud. if u cant fit a 10 or 12, then i would look into the sa-8 ported, 1-2. sundown subs wont sound bad, but wont sound as good as the ssa subs imo.

alright thanks i was looking at getting 2 sa8's and porting the box and possible running with a kicker 750.1 or a sundown amp .

I don't know how much room you have. But a 10" Icon ported, or sealed would be a good choice. You don't need the full 1000 watts to make it shine. You have the budget for it and a nice little amp. Hope you have good deals on boxes ! Or get a GOOD custom one.

Get a small amp and a good box. You can upgrade the amp later. Even a 4 channel amp can work : 2 for your front stage, 2 bridged on the sub.

I don't know how much room you have. But a 10" Icon ported, or sealed would be a good choice. You don't need the full 1000 watts to make it shine. You have the budget for it and a nice little amp. Hope you have good deals on boxes ! Or get a GOOD custom one.

Get a small amp and a good box. You can upgrade the amp later. Even a 4 channel amp can work : 2 for your front stage, 2 bridged on the sub.

is it one channel per speaker for the front stage? because it only has the one pair of door speakers.

is it one channel per speaker for the front stage? because it only has the one pair of door speakers.

You need two channels (Left and Right) for a pair of speakers in your front stage.

You need two channels (Left and Right) for a pair of speakers in your front stage.

thanks! i really thought it was one channel per pair, i am almost dead set on one dcon 10 with a 100.4D amp. and an alpine h.u with rainbow audio components.

Be careful with the dcons mounting depth, its been awhile since ive been inside a single cab colorado but from wht i remember you didnt have a whole lot of room back their with the seats pushed back

Be careful with the dcons mounting depth, its been awhile since ive been inside a single cab colorado but from wht i remember you didnt have a whole lot of room back their with the seats pushed back

yeah theres not alot of space but a ssa dcon 10 will fit fine, im just afraid it will be all bass and no vocals since its only one pair of speakers . should i put another pair of speakers in also

yeah theres not alot of space but a ssa dcon 10 will fit fine, im just afraid it will be all bass and no vocals since its only one pair of speakers . should i put another pair of speakers in also

I would say try a single pair and go from there, but I doubt the dcon will drown your mids and highs, it should blend in well.

You should be fine with a pair of quality components in the doors on 2 channels of that amp and bridge the other 2 to the sub like Notorious said. Should sound pretty damn good in that reg. cab

You should be fine with a pair of quality components in the doors on 2 channels of that amp and bridge the other 2 to the sub like Notorious said. Should sound pretty damn good in that reg. cab

i hope so, once i buy the truck i will start a build log and everyone can oogle in awh hahah.

Just FYI the Colorados doors are a pain to try to pull new speaker wire though. The little bracket is impossible to get too without taking the door off and then you have to drill a hole out to run the new speaker wire through... its an all around pita. I just finished installing a set of Bravox Comps in my CC Colorado

Just FYI the Colorados doors are a pain to try to pull new speaker wire though. The little bracket is impossible to get too without taking the door off and then you have to drill a hole out to run the new speaker wire through... its an all around pita. I just finished installing a set of Bravox Comps in my CC Colorado

thanks for the tip hopefully not everything in the colorado is a pita. do u like the bravox comps?

Just a suggestion, if you are still worried about bass drowning out your highs, why not look into a 5 channel amp, buy a pair of tweeters and mount them on the dash. Theres no way a single dcon 10 could drown out highs from two 2-ways and two tweets.

i hope so, once i buy the truck i will start a build log and everyone can oogle in awh hahah.

I got my lotion ready :attempt:

I got my lotion ready :attempt:

you better

I love my new CS60K's. They sound alot cleaner then my old Kicker SS but not sure how much of that was due to getting the doors sealed up and deadened better for this install.... I went with the CS60Ks a 10" Dcon and a 3-channel Kicker amp and I like it. It sounds pretty balanced too actually, def not to much bass. I didnt play around to much with the tweets locations, but I ended up going with the stock locations in the doors as thats where I felt I had the best imaging.

im goin to seal the doors right away, did you use baffles for the speakers or just deaden them? im goin to start off with stock tweeters with infinty 6.5's in the door from my old car until i have enough for a pair of bravox comps or something along the lines.

I just really got the doors sealed up and deadened.... never tried using baffles truthfully as everything ive ever heard about them was negative and I haven't had an issue with any water in the doors

alright, and do you know anyone else besides kicker that makes agood 3 channel amp?

This is my first attempt with a 3 channel amp before, all of my other systems have consisted of multiple amps for subs and speakers. I found the Kicker for a really good deal and have had good luck with Kicker before so I gave it a shot. Its actually working out really well so far, though Im afraid its gonna kill my battery in a little bit but Ive been wanting to upgrade to a deep cycle anyway so...