Sign in to follow this  
MONSONwarrior

Help with choosing subs.

12" Subs  

8 members have voted

1. 1. Which of these subs would give me enough SPL to compete but enough SQ to still be daily?

• DC Audio Level 4
    • TC Sounds LMS-R
    • Fi BL
    • Ascendant Audio Havoc
    • Ascendant Audio Chaos
    • Sundown SA-12

I'm looking to switch from a single 18 to two twelves and want a good mix of SQ like the poll says. It'll be run on 2-3k. Vote up! If you have any suggestions then throw em up.

All can perform musically if the enclosure is built right.

Out of the above, I've only used the BL, got loud, and sounded good doing it.

Why exactly are you switching? Is your goal to maintain same spl as your 18 but have better sq? cone area does not dictate sq.

It's all about enclosure. You can't have high SPL and a musical enclosure. And you don't want SQ, as that is usually 1 woofer in a sealed enclosure on less then 1000w.

You can have an enclosure that sounds good and is loud.

I would go for the Fi BL with the 4" coil for the traits you are looking for.

i'm on the same page, getting tired of my 18" btl, wanting to do more cone area and possibly pick up some sq.

i'm on the same page, getting tired of my 18" btl, wanting to do more cone area and possibly pick up some sq.

Then change your box if you are not happy with it. I'm sure it is incorrect.

your box is tuned to 37hz? How about you build a new box and drop tuning to 30hz with lots of port area.

The Btl sounds good. I can tell you that ! Mine is shining and makes me smile each time I start my car !

What don't you like about it ?

I had a 15" SSA Xcon before. On 3000 watts, (2) 12" Xcons will make you :dancing: in the right box !!!

Put the xcon on the list.

I'm trying to save some space in the back. Right now my box takes up the whole thing and is about 12 cubes gross with the amp rack on the back. I can cut that in half with 2 x 12's. And I know it won't be full out SQ or full out SPL because it isn't sealed or a burp box but I want it to get loud enough that I can still compete but sound good enough to be daily.

I know bro, icons, and xcons, should be on that list!!! SPL is awesome, and they get very loud!!

Maybe a box with a tunable port and a couple D2 SA-12s on a Sundown 2500d @2ohms daily and @.5 for comps?

Do not put anything from Demuth on that list, do some research to find out why.

I don't see xcon or zcon on that list. WHY NOT ????????????????????????????????????????

I don't see xcon or zcon on that list. WHY NOT ????????????????????????????????????????

What's that? :roflmao: