Godsmack

Where to get supliments

Completely correct Aaron. As always I thank you for your patronage and if you have any issues, feel free to contact me and I'll do what I can.

J

Maybe I should jump on the bandwagon.

I usually order from BB.com. since there are some big fitness guys in here with good reviews, ill give it a shot.

Any flavor suggestions? Probably just a protein for now. I'm about out.

Admit it. You buy from BB.com because of the free shit. And the stickers.

which reminds me, I need to do an inventory check on my soy powder

Penguin4x4, on 15 Aug 2013 - 15:43, said:

SteveMead, on 08 Aug 2013 - 09:37, said:

Maybe I should jump on the bandwagon.

I usually order from BB.com. since there are some big fitness guys in here with good reviews, ill give it a shot.

Any flavor suggestions? Probably just a protein for now. I'm about out.

Admit it. You buy from BB.com because of the free shit. And the stickers.

Seriously, though, there is no better option for protein powder than TrueNutrition.com. Period.

Edited by Penguin4x4

TN doesn't give away free stickers, however. :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

You can ask them to draw something cool on the box though.

Free shit is cool. I have never got stickers. Would it make me faster like a sticker does for a car?

No free stickers, but when I called in an order to hook up one of my troops who was sent home from deployment early I got a great discount. On top of that, they threw in some free stuff for him (I had been asked why such a large order for someone stateside while deployed).

J

Any good breakfast replacements for someone looking to lose weight? I don't like eating in the morning so I'm looking for something quick that will help me eat less at lunch/dinner.

Slow digesting protein. Problem is losing weight is best done eating more frequent but smaller meals.

J

Slow digesting protein. Problem is losing weight is best done eating more frequent but smaller meals.

J

Yeah I know, and I'm okay with eating more often but I just need something super fast and easy when I wake up. After noon ish I can do the eating small frequent meals thing.

Mind you I'm not looking to lose 20 or 30 pounds, but a few hundred. I'm just trying to find something quick and easy for breakfast that I usually don't eat.

Mind you I'm not looking to lose 20 or 30 pounds, but a few hundred. I'm just trying to find something quick and easy for breakfast that I usually don't eat.

fresh squeezed juice from raw fruit and veggies. Make it once per day and drink off of it all day. YouTube- Fat, sick, and nearly dead.

fresh squeezed juice from raw fruit and veggies. Make it once per day and drink off of it all day. YouTube- Fat, sick, and nearly dead.

Great for shitting your brains out if the ody isn't used to it.

J

Juicing is great, if you can afford it and keep up with buying all the fresh fruit.  And that documentary mentioned above is pretty good.

Counting calories is an effective method. First, you need to figure out your goal weight and body fat percentage.

As an example, let's go with 200 lbs. goat weight. Adult men average around 18-24% body fat, so let’s go with 20%.

OK, now that we know those two numbers, a little math.

If you are 20% body fat, that means you are 80% lean mass.

200 lbs. x 80% = 160 lbs. of lean mass.

Now that we know the amount of lean mass, we can calculate our Basal Metabolic Rate, or BMR.

BMR = (Lean mass x 10) + 500

BMR = (160 x 10) + 500

BMR = 1600 + 500

BMR = 2100

Now that we know our BMR, we can calculate our daily caloric needs. In order to get this number we must multiply our BMR by a certain amount to account for the energy we need to live our day to day lives. This certain amount is called the Activity Variable. If you work your ass off all day, you're going to need more calories than someone who sits in a cubicle all day, right?

Here is a common list of activity variables:

1.2 = Sedentary (Desk job, and Little Formal Exercise)

1.3-1.4 = Lightly Active (Light daily activity AND light exercise 1-3 days a week)

1.5-1.6 = Moderately Active (Moderately daily Activity & Moderate exercise 3-5 days a week)

1.7-1.8 = Very Active (Physically demanding lifestyle & Hard exercise 6-7 days a week)

1.9-2.2 = Extremely Active (Athlete in ENDURANCE training or VERY HARD physical job)

Say we work our hands to the bone 84 hours a week. Our activity variable would be around 2.

Total caloric needs = BMR x 2

Total caloric needs = 2100 x 2

Total caloric needs = 4200 calories

On the other hand, say we work a desk job all week and do little else on our off hours. Our activity variable would be 1 to 1.2. Obviously there's no point in multiplying by 1, so let’s use 1.2.

Total caloric needs = BMR x 1.2

Total caloric needs = 2100 x 1.2

Total caloric needs = 2,520 calories

Caloric values for a wide variety of foods can be found at CalorieKing.com. In addition to cutting the calories, make sure to cut out as many sweets, white rice, bread, sugar, honey, processed foods, and sodas as you can.

Edited by Penguin4x4

J

J

Make sure you aren't putting too much fruit in your smoothies. It should be predominantly veggies.

Just a heads up on the TrueNutrition.com Soy Protein Isolate. When you order it, it comes with a 70cc scoop. The nutritional information on both the package and online are for 30g servings, which are 90cc scoops.

Just a heads up on the TrueNutrition.com Soy Protein Isolate. When you order it, it comes with a 70cc scoop. The nutritional information on both the package and online are for 30g servings, which are 90cc scoops.

It's something we have mentioned before, to no avail.

J

They stopped carrying HGH, not sure why.

Human Growth Hormone? adhd.gif

Human Growth Hormone? adhd.gif

lifter.gif lifter.gif

It's something we have mentioned before, to no avail.

J

I prefer the smaller scoops myself; gives you ~22% more servings.

hydro proteins... YUM!!!! .... wish I could get more... double scoop that shyt up baby!!!! lol