Hi

Just want to know a few things that remain unclear to me.

Since I do not plan on running 18s anymore, will only run 2 12s (XCON, ZCONS or maybe BTLs) with probably a Sundown 3500D. Should I bother using 2/0 gauge for power and ground?

I was about to purchase Kolossus Fleks 0 ($100) kit but just want to make sure I wont be in the "border line" when it comes to powering my amp.

Also, will the Kolossus Fleks 0 handle a Sundown 4500D? Just in case if I decide to upgrade to that in the future.

Im reading here http://www.bcae1.com/fuses.htm that 0 gauge only handles a fuse up to 325 amps. That means with a voltage of 12.6 you get 4095 watts. Thats 500 watts short of the 4500D (without including the underrating of the 4500D which can easily go up to 5000 watts).

So without much confusion. My plan is to use my 2000D with my Pioneer 12inch FOR NOW. I want to put power and ground wires ASAP in my BMW 328i cause I cant be driving without my bass anymore. Dont know if I should go with Kolossus Fleks 0 or Welding Supply 2/0 unless the 2/0 is REALLY worth it. And yeah, want to know if the Kolossus Fleks 0 will be future proof for a 3500D or 4500D in the future to power 2 XCONs, ZCONs, or BTLS.

Thanks!

For the single 3500 the Knu will be fine, I would do dual runs of either for the 4500 though. Just to be safe.

The Knu will be sooooo much easier to work with in the BMW compared to the welding cable.

For the single 3500 the Knu will be fine, I would do dual runs of either for the 4500 though. Just to be safe.

The Knu will be sooooo much easier to work with in the BMW compared to the welding cable.

I mean, the 4500D is just a thought. Maybe in the future (talking prob a year from now) it might become part of the plan, but just want to know how future-proof I will be by going 0 gauge.

So it looks like the Knu is the best option for now.

Also, forgot to ask, I will be running my 2000D in 2ohm (1000watts) for now. Should I stick to 100amp fuse that I been using in my previous vehicle? The sub and amp worked great with 100amp fuse.

I mean, the 4500D is just a thought. Maybe in the future (talking prob a year from now) it might become part of the plan, but just want to know how future-proof I will be by going 0 gauge.

Also, forgot to ask, I will be running my 2000D in 2ohm (1000watts) for now. Should I stick to 100amp fuse that I been using in my previous vehicle? The sub and amp worked great with 100amp fuse.

Fuses are for the wire, not the amp usually. I would put a 300 amp fuse on it, that's just me.

Fuses are for the wire, not the amp usually. I would put a 300 amp fuse on it, that's just me.

I dont understand

The 2000D says the following "Fuse rating 200A (external type fuse)"

Doesnt that mean I should use a 200A fuse?

And should I still get a 200A even though I will be running it in 2ohm (1000watts only) mode for now?

Edited by slim142

Generally the fuse rating on amps is meaning what the amp holds for fuses. Like it will have 4 50A fuses mounted on the outer body of the amp. Like the 100.4 from sundown says "Fuse Rating 30A x 3" And if you look at the picture of it, it shows 3 X 30A fuses installed externally. Hope all that made sense.

I see, so the fuse rating on the amp has nothing to do with the fuse to use in the power cable?

So I think I should go straight up for 0 gauge kolossus kit OFC with 300amp fuse right? If so, I will be ordering tomorrow morning.

If everything is right, this will work fine with my 2000D + Pioneer 12 until I can upgrade my amp and sub.

Also, should I bother buying the kit? or should I just buy a couple of ft for power and ground?

Since my battery is in the trunk, it looks like I wont need 18ft of power cable.

If you are doing this in a 328I then no dont buy the kit, I have a 330I and i only used like 4 ft of power and like 3 feet of ground. I do not know the full technical details of fuse on the power, some people run it, some dont. I am actually using a 150A fuse on a 125.2 with 4ga wiring and have never had a problem. Have you upgraded your battery?

If you are doing this in a 328I then no dont buy the kit, I have a 330I and i only used like 4 ft of power and like 3 feet of ground. I do not know the full technical details of fuse on the power, some people run it, some dont. I am actually using a 150A fuse on a 125.2 with 4ga wiring and have never had a problem. Have you upgraded your battery?

No, but thats something thats going to be upgraded really soon.

One last question

Is there any rule for how long the ground should be?

As short as possible.

As short as possible.

X2

I see

Was asking cause I think I saw long time ago (back when I was a real noob) that it couldnt be longer than 12 inches lol

Ok so I think Im ready to order.

Thanks a lot guys!

8Ft of Blue Kolossus, 5ft of Black Kolossus, the FH-20 in-line fuse holder with 300amp fuse and 4 ring terminals.

$76 plus shipping. Better than the kit and Im a few bucks :D

There are some big things being overlooked here. 1/0 will be fine for such a short run, and the amp takes 1/0 in anyway. Then there's the fact that a single battery isn't enough for a 3500, or 4500. You need at least 2 decent batteries for a 3500 and 3 decent or 2 excellent batteries for a 4500. Then there is your alternator situation......

There are some big things being overlooked here. 1/0 will be fine for such a short run, and the amp takes 1/0 in anyway. Then there's the fact that a single battery isn't enough for a 3500, or 4500. You need at least 2 decent batteries for a 3500 and 3 decent or 2 excellent batteries for a 4500. Then there is your alternator situation......

For now, its all about my 2000D. Later on when the 3500D comes, I should be with an XS batt in the factory location already and will prob add a D3100 to be safe.

Ok guys so I just sent my order to Knu

Product Id Product Name Order Qty Item Price

FH-20 In-Line Waterproof ANL Fuse Holder w/ Fuse 1 19.99

KFX0BL Kolossus Fleks Kable 1/0 Blue Power/Ground Wire 8 3.75

KFX0BK Kolossus Fleks Kable 1/0 Black Power/Ground Wire 5 3.75

RT1/0516BK Gold Plated 1/0 Ring Terminal - Black 2 1.75

RT1/0516BL Gold Plated 1/0 Ring Terminal -Blue 2 1.75

KARSS2.2M NEW Karma SS 2 Channel 2 Meter RCA Cable 1 9.49

KAR12SS Karma SS 12 Gauge Speaker Wire 12 0.75

KOL18BL Kolossus Kable 18 Gauge Blue Primary / Remote Wire 20 0.07

Sub Total $95.63

Tax $0.00

Ship Rate $10.49

Order Total $106.12

Hopefully everything is right. Decided to order a few ft extra JUST IN CASE. Dont want to get surprises when installing (too short etc)

Whatever is left, Ill probably sell it.

Hey guys

So today while I cut one of the tips of the blue wire, I was soldering the terminal to the wire and a few parts of the terminal are now black (burned). Only happened to one of the ends of the blue wire. Both ground ends are fine.

Will there be any problem if I use a terminal with a few burned marks?

Edited by slim142

nah, burn marks shouldnt effect anything. if your worried run some sand paper over it to wipe the black off the metal.

shouldn't pose any real issues, if you have the time and parts to re-do that terminal I would though... if you're gonna do it, then do it 1000%... know what I mean?

Problem is ordering ONE terminal from Knu will cost me ~$6 with shipping. And I dont have a tool to cut 0 gauge wire either lol

But yes, Im making sure to do my BEST to make this project perfect.

Right now Im following this video for my terminals. I must say the reason why the first one came out a bit burned is because the first one is always the trial I guess.

But you learn from your mistakes. Is nothing serious tho but now i know.

Ok guys so I just sent my order to Knu

Product Id Product Name Order Qty Item Price

FH-20 In-Line Waterproof ANL Fuse Holder w/ Fuse 1 19.99

KFX0BL Kolossus Fleks Kable 1/0 Blue Power/Ground Wire 8 3.75

KFX0BK Kolossus Fleks Kable 1/0 Black Power/Ground Wire 5 3.75

RT1/0516BK Gold Plated 1/0 Ring Terminal - Black 2 1.75

RT1/0516BL Gold Plated 1/0 Ring Terminal -Blue 2 1.75

KARSS2.2M NEW Karma SS 2 Channel 2 Meter RCA Cable 1 9.49

KAR12SS Karma SS 12 Gauge Speaker Wire 12 0.75

KOL18BL Kolossus Kable 18 Gauge Blue Primary / Remote Wire 20 0.07

Sub Total $95.63

Tax $0.00

Ship Rate $10.49

Order Total $106.12

Hopefully everything is right. Decided to order a few ft extra JUST IN CASE. Dont want to get surprises when installing (too short etc)

Whatever is left, Ill probably sell it.

Did you run any of their Konfused fuse holders or distribution blocks? I am trying to find anyone who has ran their compression fittings....and to see their reviews. I do also like their wire.

Did you run any of their Konfused fuse holders or distribution blocks? I am trying to find anyone who has ran their compression fittings....and to see their reviews. I do also like their wire.

I bought their regular ANL fuse holder and a 300amp fuse. Will have this installed by wednesday afternoon when I get my BMW back from service.

I have used their 8 gauge kit before and have no complains.

The kompression fittings are nice imo. Kinda gotta get used to them and how to trim the wire to fit right.

Also for the op. I just use a handsaw with a fine blade to cut all my big wires.

Im done soldering the wires. The ground wire came out 9/10, the power wire 7/10

I think I did fine for a first timer. Going to use sand paper on the few black parts then put the heatshrink.

Lets hope everything works out as planned on wednesday :D

Oh and thanks jenstrand, I also thought that could be the most easy solution. But looks like I wont need to do anything (at least, from the looks of this lol).