Sign in to follow this  
xLogan225x

2/4 lowering kit

My cousin has a 2/4 DJM lowering kit. It comes with 2" front coils and 2" rear hangars. I already have 2" rear shackles. So this will bring me to 2/4. He selling it for 100$. Does anyone know if this is a good price and can someone tell me the easiest way to install this. I have an 05 single cab silverado.

Dude, you posted this thread 50 minutes ago. Give it time.

thats a really good price, Djm is a great company a kit would run $400-500+ for almost any gm vehicle. Suspension is pretty easy to mess with, just a few nuts and bolts. theres plenty of write ups and pictures on forums

thats a badass deal.....go for it! and to do the hangers, i'd suggest removing the bed.....when my friend and i did mine, we left the bed on and it took forever....good thing he was short and was able to squeeze between the bed and the frame and use a air hammer to knock out the rivets.

1. After cutting the rivets off, what do I secure the new hangars on with?

2. Is it necessary to get some aftermarket shorter shocks?

The kit should come with new bolts, to secure the new hangers, any kit i've installed came with them. As far as lower blocks you probably don't want to install them as well since that would give you a crazy rear drop with just a 2" in the front, your truck would look odd. I agree with the removal of the bed, it's usually only 6/4bolts unbolt the gas filler neck and watch for the wiring harness for light/hitch. If you don't have access to a torch you can grind them out and or use an air hammer, honestly it's pretty easy.

You don't need lower shocks with that kind of a drop it's pretty minimal.

The front is pretty easy, just jack it up place the truck on jack stands, remove the brake rotors and such (Make sure to remove the shock first) then use the jack to remove some tension on lower A-arm and unbolt the lower ball joint. slowly lower the jack, I suggest standing as far back as possible just in case the sucker lets go (Shouldn't be an issue but i know Dodge's have crazy spring tension when you release them. Then just get the alignment of the spring in the spring perch lined up no problem.