chasersMcoy

2 12 Xs or 2 12 Qs?

hey everyone. im brand new to both the sight and the system world. i am going to be setting up my first system and im wanna go all out. the only problem is i cant deciede if i should get the Qs of the Xs. ive heard amazing things about both. im more concerned on SQ but i would will to sacrifice alittle in order to be loud. i drive a bmw 530i so size is defently a factor. i am not set on ported/sealed yet but im leaning more twords sealed. i have a 140 amp alterantor in and i was planning on getting a AQ1200d but am open for suggestions seeing that yall all have experince. budget isnt really an issue. any helpp is greatly appericated and thanks in advanche. sorry if my post isnt up to pare but like i said im new.

welcome to SSA

Gonna let the other guys chime in on your situation, im not really sure what to tell you lol, but welcome :D

welcome!! It sounds like you want more of daily driver system. one that gets loud and doesn't sound like crap. i would probably recommend the ssd's. they are great sounding drivers and can get very loud too.

welcome!! It sounds like you want more of daily driver system. one that gets loud and doesn't sound like crap. i would probably recommend the ssd's. they are great sounding drivers and can get very loud too.

yup im with bobo on this one go with the SSD though their still under devolpment but should be out soon... with the new NEO magents i own the the old model 18 and its definalty a BEAST for the money

thou i own 2 18" BL's too ,, with 2 18" BTL N2's on the way! :dancing:

and sorry for making that so short, youll get your best info on here about Fi than any other forum, the Q and X can not be compared. your more than likely going to like the Q its wonderfull in Sq and still hits some redicious numbers! i have owned all but the X.

If budget isn't a concern then why are you looking at the X's? With that amount of power on tap, the SSD's seem like a viable option. If you're willing to risk SQ for loudness, than the Q probably isn't for you. Do you want to keep your electrical stock? Any reason you haven't considered teh SSD's or the BL's?

The new SSD may be an option you want to look at. A very good economic "daily" driver that can get loud while staying very musical.

hey everybody thaks for the replies

and i have looked into the BL and SSD and but i based on the review ive read i though the Qs of Xs would sound better than the BLs. i love bass. so i want my subs to knock but i dont want them to sound shitty. the Qs seamed like they got pretty loud and sounded great and ive just heard good things about the Xs. not to question anyones responses but i was curious why so many people said SSD over Q. and my worrie with the Bls is that SQ will be lost. but i am planning on keeping everything eletrical as is. except for the 80 amp alternator witch ive already replaced with a 140 amp one.thanls so much for the help and patenice

What's your experiences with subs in the past? Have you ever owned a Fi sub? It's hard to determine what you think will sound good. And you are correct, with the SSD's or the BL's SQ will be lost but at the same time, they won't sound bad by most peoples standards (assuming you put them in the right box and make correct settings). As a general rule of thumb, if people say they want to be loud but not loose SQ, the Q's aren't for them. The Q is a sound quality driver through and through. Make no mistake about it. It just happens to also have a large enough motor to get decently loud. Use the search function and you'll find TONS of "Should i get a Q or a BL" threads. Find a couple of them and read them over if you have the time. I know you weren't necessarily considering the BL's but usually in those threads the Q's and their uses are talked about in great length. I can say i would easily pick the SSD's or the BL's over the X anyday if the budget didn't matter.

thanks mann,

and i have not owned any subs in the past this is my first system in my first car. i will lookk in to the Q vs BL threads. and out of the BL and SSD which would you recommend?? sorry for the uncertianty

Well I honestly don't know much about the SSD's and now i even know less since they are currently be remodling and only Fi knows when the new ones are coming out. I have no expereince with either the SSD's or the BL; but i would think the SSD's would be easier to make them sound great.

If you're stuck on the Q's man then get them! As your first set-up you probably won't be disappointed! And if you wanna switch things up you can always switch stuff around!!

When someone with some expereince see's this they'll chime in :)

You check out prodcut rreviews under the Fi threads?

What's your experiences with subs in the past? Have you ever owned a Fi sub? It's hard to determine what you think will sound good. And you are correct, with the SSD's or the BL's SQ will be lost but at the same time, they won't sound bad by most peoples standards (assuming you put them in the right box and make correct settings). As a general rule of thumb, if people say they want to be loud but not loose SQ, the Q's aren't for them. The Q is a sound quality driver through and through. Make no mistake about it. It just happens to also have a large enough motor to get decently loud. Use the search function and you'll find TONS of "Should i get a Q or a BL" threads. Find a couple of them and read them over if you have the time. I know you weren't necessarily considering the BL's but usually in those threads the Q's and their uses are talked about in great length. I can say i would easily pick the SSD's or the BL's over the X anyday if the budget didn't matter.

I have never heard a Q that I didn't like BUT the Q is no sq driver. :peepwall:

You will ,more than likely, be happy with any driver that FI sells. It all comes down to the install. Best of luck with your decision.

Edited by diablo

Thanks guys!

And im not set on the Qs at all ive just heard good things. Im not worried about being unsatisfied with fi im worried im not going to pic the right subs/setup and it not sounded as good as two fis should.seeing how my experinace is nonexistantant, i was looking for some help. With i most defently found but unfourtamtly led to even more confusion:/

I have never heard a Q that I didn't like BUT the Q is no sq driver. :peepwall:

You will ,more than likely, be happy with any driver that FI sells. It all comes down to the install. Best of luck with your decision.

Why can't it be used as a SQ driver? Your missing the fact that just because it can take a good bit of power and get loud, doesn't mean it is not a SQ driver. Is it a soul purpose SQ sub? No. But I'm sure in the right install it can certainly be one.

Well ill chime in and say the X are wonderful. I have an X 10" with 180 watts in a ported box and wow is all i can say. It is so musical yet plays plenty loud for me. Im still trying to figure out how to put it in my honda civic.