BigB2202

power handling of two bl 12's

Couple days ago i purchased two bl 12's fully loaded. I also bought a aq2200d. Are these a good match. Would giving 1100watts rms to each sub be okay? Just if you guys wanted to no i have a 2010 altima, big 3, xs d1200 in the front, and my voltage does not drop below 13.5 when the subs are on. The box design is from tech support on this site. 3.2cuft tuned to 30hz. According to the site the bl's need to be in a box between 1.5-2.5 cuft, so im good on that. I currently have one bl12 on a sundown 1200d yea it blew out, never going back to the shop again. NOw for my second build i no what im doing. So anyway will giving 1100wrms to each bl be fine?

should be fine as long as you set the gains correctly and don't clip the shit out of 'em

im honestly never going to the shop i went to to install my new subs and amp. The people dont no what the hell there doing. The guy said you can have the bast boost on. WTF????!!! No wonder why my sub blew. Im going to go atleast 3 or 4 weeks with no bass. :jon:

you can have bass boost on, its not a direct answer to why your subs blew.

Your bl's should be fine with the aq 2200 had the same setup in my sedan but every enclousure is different on power handling!

My old box could of took another 2200 easy but it was a very un-efficient enclousure which was the reason why it could!

#1 Clipping doesn't kill subwoofers

#2 Bass boost doesn't kill subwoofers

#3 Gain settings don't kill subwoofers

#4 The RMS rating has nothing to do with power requirements...

The only thing that thermally destroys a sub is too much power..... Period.

The amount of power you will need to get full output from the sub depends on the box. This point could be lower or higher than the thermal rating of the sub.

I think it was just my gains were set too high. I knew my sub was clipping.

I have a single bl 12 on an saz1500d, haven't check my voltage but it's getting at least 1200 to 1500 daily. Its rated at 1000 so it doesn't seem likely that a 200 watt jump would really kill it. As everyone else said, probably something else made it die

I have a single bl 12 on an saz1500d, haven't check my voltage but it's getting at least 1200 to 1500 daily. Its rated at 1000 so it doesn't seem likely that a 200 watt jump would really kill it. As everyone else said, probably something else made it die

I also had a bl on a saz1500d for a while, and in a big box too, never had any issues. If your amp settings are correct, ssf, gain, etc, then you shouldn't have any issues.

They are designed to handle up to 2Kw.

They are designed to handle up to 2Kw.

X2