ZiGGy

Amplifier suggestion on a budget

I need an amplifier suggestion for my 2 18 XCON D1's. As I said in the title I'm on a budget but not on a ridiculous one. I know I'm gonna have to spend money, I just would really like to stay under 800. So far I've been keeping my eye on the forums for a used Sundown 3000 or 3500 and I've also been lookin at the AQ3500 and the Crescendo BC3500 (if they ever come out). I'm not opposed to under powering them either but I don't wanna go under 2500 rms. So far my set-up is gonna consist of:

Yellow top under the hood

Second Battery in the back

H/O Alt

Polk MM6501 - Front comps

RF 6.5 - Back coaxs

RF t600-4 - For door and back seat speakers

2 x 18" XCON D1's in a 9 cu sealed enclosure

And all of this is going into an 02 Acura RSX. :)

All your guys help is greatly appreciated.

so you're not gonna have a back seat??? lol ... Good luck man...

You should be able to find a used Sundown 3k or a Crescendo 3k and stay well under budget.

I run Crunch GP3kpro's and they can be found well under that too.

DRB has a refurb fro $700, seems high to me but does have a warranty.

saz 3000d

The hatch space is surprisingly big. If I don't have enough room in the hatch tho I'm not opposed to folding the seats down and extending the box. I'm 6'1"-6'2"ish and it's not fun driving when you have another adult sitting behind you. That would eliminate that problem.lol

lol... I got you there man... Yea so like Lance said... DB-r usually has them higher than a used one from the Classifieds section but they come with 1yr warranty on his site...

Thanks for the suggestions Sir-Lancelot. For some reason I knew I could count on you to hop on topic with some input.lol That's the direction I think I'm gonna run tho, is the used Sundown. I'm just waiting for the right deal to pop up. I think 700 is a lil steep too. What do you guys think about the aq3500's? I've seen quite a few people use them but I haven't heard anything good about them. I really wanna go brand new crescendo but from lookin around other forums I don't think they're new BC line is EVER gonna come out.lol

The dB-r deal isn't half bad when they also have a 3500 for 780 and thats about what a new AQ3500 goes for. Really I think I'm gonna keep my eyes glued to the forums and wait till I see the steal of a deal that catches my eye like the XCONS did.lol

Thanks for the suggestions Sir-Lancelot. For some reason I knew I could count on you to hop on topic with some input.lol That's the direction I think I'm gonna run tho, is the used Sundown. I'm just waiting for the right deal to pop up. I think 700 is a lil steep too. What do you guys think about the aq3500's? I've seen quite a few people use them but I haven't heard anything good about them. I really wanna go brand new crescendo but from lookin around other forums I don't think they're new BC line is EVER gonna come out.lol

LOL,

Yeah AQ would be another option for sure. They do rated and a good many people are competing with them.

as for not hearing anything good, haters gotta hate. I say if it fits your budget and offers the specs you want, get it. Maybe post up a WTB 3000-3500w and see what offers come your way.

Yea I think I feel a lot better about which way I'm going with the amp selection. Thanks for all the help guys. Now I need to find someone to build me an ALT because no one makes one for my car. :(

You could get someone to make a dual alt bracket and just get another stock alt for the car??? possibly

Maybe...I don't know how possible that would be cuz I have a lil tiny import engine bay.lol

true.... But something to look into.... DC Power doesn't have one for your car? weird..

Nope I just went on their site and double checked. They have em for the cl el tl and mdx.

Why do you feel you need 2500 watts?

Shoot them an email or post a topic up on their section what you are looking for.

There are some others too, like Ohio Generator that have a good reputation. I would search a good bit before I bought one tho. There are some HO ALT sellers that are not so honest.

That's not what I feel I need, it's what I want. I've been into car audio since the day I got my license and have had systems in all my three of my cars except for this one. I wanted to go big in this one and trust me, I know what I'm getting myself into. I've been doing research for years and music is my life. I've been playing the piano since I was 8 and also play the guitar, the violin and basically anything with strings in or on it. Not to mention I'm a bass-a-haulic just as I'm sure most everyone else is on these forums.lol

Thanks for the input on the H/O's Lance. I'll be sure to do my research. I'm pretty sure I'm gonna have to get in touch with somebody from a company to get it built. I'd rather not go the dual alt route.

Edited by ZiGGy

Take a look at the Stetsom amps on the ssa store : the 2K5 may fit your needs.

I'd like to run one on my btl too. But I've never read any reviews on them, by daily users.

AQ has some really nice amps. Check them out. Me and all my friends have them they a great quality and i never could get my hot. They dont have a big selection though but the prices are extremly reasonable. www.AudioQue.com

hope this can help

I need an amplifier suggestion for my 2 18 XCON D1's. As I said in the title I'm on a budget but not on a ridiculous one. I know I'm gonna have to spend money, I just would really like to stay under 800. So far I've been keeping my eye on the forums for a used Sundown 3000 or 3500 and I've also been lookin at the AQ3500 and the Crescendo BC3500 (if they ever come out). I'm not opposed to under powering them either but I don't wanna go under 2500 rms. So far my set-up is gonna consist of:

Yellow top under the hood

Second Battery in the back

H/O Alt

Polk MM6501 - Front comps

RF 6.5 - Back coaxs

RF t600-4 - For door and back seat speakers

2 x 18" XCON D1's in a 9 cu sealed enclosure

And all of this is going into an 02 Acura RSX. :)

All your guys help is greatly appreciated.

I would go brand new over used or refurbished any day. The AQ3500 would be perfect. Db-r does do great work and don't hesitate to buy from them if they have something you want.

ya i am sorta new to this all so excuse me if im wrong ever.. Im not sure if its a good idea maybe someone more experienced could help,

But maybe you could also look into running two smaller amps. Just price two small ones, and compare it to a larger one....

iv messed with both sundown and aq amps, they are both good quality, i prefer the AQ more but it comes down to Person Wants.....

I talked to mechman and he's got a 270 amp for my car for 550. I wouldn't mind goin with two amps but I have d1's so I think I'm better off goin with just one amp. Pretty sure I'm either gonna go with the AQ3500 or a used sundown as far as amps go. Thanks for all your help guys. I sure do love the SSA forums! :) lol

welcome, good luck with your setup hope its what you want :popcorn:

I'd get a Sundown over an AQ. Even the Stetsom over the AQ. Many people love their amps, or their price !

Both may be good products, but a friend and I run Sundown amps for some months and we love them ! Great customer service, fast shipping...etc

AQ seems serious, they did not want to send me any amps because they don't have repair center in my country. It's honnest, but it scared me a little bit, about the reliability of their amps !!!

I cross my fingers, so far, I never had any problems with all I ordered on the internet. Never had to use a warranty !

Good luck

I like the SA 3500. That's what I plan on going with. Do you guys think I'd have enough electrical for the 3500 with a 270 amp h/o, big 3 in 0 gauge, 0 gauge run to the back with a xs d3400 in the back?