the727kid

Challenger Build, 2nd Round

Ever get it on a meter? And how much power did you run? Your cone area isn't too much greater.

I didn't meter it before I tore it all out to do the rest of the build on the car. It hammers though. Plays lower than anything else I've ever built and still sounds good playing rock/metal with fast paced bass. I'm using a Sundown 2000D which puts out closer to 2400rms at 14v so each sub is getting real close to full rms power. The Fi IB3s have 30mm of excursion and can handle 550rms at 20 hz so I'm not sure how similar the ouput will be for you though. If you go to the bottom of page 11 on the link I posted there is 3 video links at the bottom. They just look like 3 fuzzy pics, just click on them and it should help give you an idea of it's output. I'll be working more on the body once it warms up outside to help control the body flex.

Hair tricks and IB = sex. I doubt it will be that intense, I will be getting a Kicker IX1000.1 to run the subs though. Eventually I will upgrade to the newer AE subwoofers that replaced the IB15s, they are just too pricey for now.

Hair tricks and IB = sex. I doubt it will be that intense, I will be getting a Kicker IX1000.1 to run the subs though. Eventually I will upgrade to the newer AE subwoofers that replaced the IB15s, they are just too pricey for now.

Your goals are completely different than mine were so I'm curious to here what you think about how yours performs. Everybody kept telling me IB wouldn't perform well for many different reasons but in the end they were all way wrong. Good bass and trunk space, now thats a good combination.

More updates =). Built a new amp rack, and carpeted the baffle. Money is still tight so still waiting on a second sub. Have this one playing right now bridged off a 500.4 and it is no where near enough power (Or maybe because the other hole is just covered by carpet lol).

DSC00645.jpg

DSC00646.jpg

DSC00647.jpg

DSC00648.jpg

DSC00638.jpg

DSC00639.jpg

DSC00641.jpg

DSC00642.jpg

DSC00655.jpg

DSC00656.jpg

Very nice. I love the setup. I want more pics.

Everything. Your craftsmanship is very nice also. That amp rack is badass.

Everything. Your craftsmanship is very nice also. That amp rack is badass.

:fing34::fing34:

Everyone is loving the amp rack! Lol, I'm happier with how factory the baffle looks.

Everyone is loving the amp rack! Lol, I'm happier with how factory the baffle looks.

Well, you have made everyone happy!!

Yeah, that amp rack is sick! :D

Really wish I could hear an IB setup one of these days :wub:

Talk about a badass system with about the same amount of space you started out with! :lol2:

I used to live in Tucson lol. If I still lived there though don't know if I would of ever got into car audio.

I used to live in Tucson lol. If I still lived there though don't know if I would of ever got into car audio.

A bit different then Florida huh :P

I guess it gets hot in Florida, real humid? :ughdunno:

I got into car audio about two years ago heh

Guess what came in today...

IMG_20110526_153036.jpg

Cut-out two baffles yesterday... Obviously I wasn't thinking because I need 4, they need to be double baffled.

IMG_20110525_141942.jpg

First try mounting them, the door panel fit on... does this happen? Ever? I was ecstatic to say the least.

IMG_20110525_160416.jpg

IMG_20110525_160403.jpg

DSC00661.jpg

DSC00666.jpg

DSC00663.jpg

DSC00667.jpg

Edited by The727Kid

Very nice! How do they sound?

I wanna hear that system sooooo bad!!!!

So much space saved, but I wanna know hows the subs sound

you can fit 8s in the stock location? :trippy: Very nice. How's the sundown treating them? (assuming you're running the 100.4)

I'm actually running a Kicker IX500.4 for the whole front stage. with under 35 watts per speaker, the car gets pretty loud.

Very nice dude.

I have always wanted to do a clean IB build for myself but never had the car for it.

I too like the stockish baffle you did.

Would like to hear this one day, also.

And I been trying to talk myself into buying a Challenger. I want one but I don't wanna spend the money right now. Maybe in the next year or so.

^^^ If I ever finish this build, I may have some glass work done on the trunk lid for tailgating. But if you hear of any shows locally, let me know man, I haven't been to one in forever.