Just confirming I would need to have the 4 channel? because the CDA-117 states its rear and front pre out are fadable.

and trust me, If I could find a 880prs,I would. they are so scarce and imnot looking to wait months and months to find one so I can finish my install ya know? so I should really not bother with the imprint huh and try to get a PRS unit?

Just confirming I would need to have the 4 channel? because the CDA-117 states its rear and front pre out are fadable.

and trust me, If I could find a 880prs,I would. they are so scarce and imnot looking to wait months and months to find one so I can finish my install ya know? so I should really not bother with the imprint huh and try to get a PRS unit?

Yes you need a 4 channel, or you will have no left/right. All your sound would be in mono in a sense.

I personally won't be running anything but a PRS for along while. ;)

Just don't use the "auto" feature on the Imprint, it won't work at all.

I am also unsure that it is flexible in manual mode, but I haven't ever played with one, just heard some terrible installs that had them.

As for the "advanced" crossovers on the Sundown, they are far from, but very simple and hard to adjust right. A proc like above or a headunit with one is a MUCH better option.

That's what I was thinking. I really think he would benefit from a 800/880PRS as they are super easy to work, and can be had cheap if a good deal is found.

Out of curiosity what would you consider cheap for an 880?

Just don't use the "auto" feature on the Imprint, it won't work at all.

I am also unsure that it is flexible in manual mode, but I haven't ever played with one, just heard some terrible installs that had them.

As for the "advanced" crossovers on the Sundown, they are far from, but very simple and hard to adjust right. A proc like above or a headunit with one is a MUCH better option.

That's what I was thinking. I really think he would benefit from a 800/880PRS as they are super easy to work, and can be had cheap if a good deal is found.

Out of curiosity what would you consider cheap for an 880?

Well I paid $250 for my 800PRS with iPod adapter, and my GF paid $175 for her 880PRS without iPod. So around there. :shrug:

Ah, ok. That does seem cheap, don't think I'd sell mine for that...although I am not using it as I don't have a vehicle to put it in. Perhaps the Ranger could get it, but it isn't the driest boat in the world.

Ah, ok. That does seem cheap, don't think I'd sell mine for that...although I am not using it as I don't have a vehicle to put it in. Perhaps the Ranger could get it, but it isn't the driest boat in the world.

PM otw to you.

PM otw to you.

nooo dont steal my HU!! lol hey M5 if your willing to sell it, PM me with a price.

PM otw to you.

nooo dont steal my HU!! lol hey M5 if your willing to sell it, PM me with a price.

I don't need another one. But as soon as I get extra cash, I WILL be buying as many 800's and 880's as I can.

But my friend needs a good unit.

So the CDA-117 with Imprint is the next best option?

I'd say as long as the crossovers are fully adjustable, then yes.

So the CDA-117 with Imprint is the next best option?

I'd say as long as the crossovers are fully adjustable, then yes.

if you want to look at the specs of both HU and imprint, I think you'll agree. However, I may have missed something.

Just ordered the Sundown SAX-100.4D!!

It's a great amp! I love mine.

Powerful Lil bugger. I'm just scared about the amount of power the hlcds will get...

That is why there is a gain knob. Turn it ALL the way down first and you'll be surprised how little power they get.

Actually start with both all the way down, set the mids and then raise the horns to MATCH. Never use voltage to gain set. :)

edouble is selling some I believe, haven't clicked on the link in his sig though. USD aren't teeny, but at least its an FYI for you.

Powerful Lil bugger. I'm just scared about the amount of power the hlcds will get...

That is why there is a gain knob. Turn it ALL the way down first and you'll be surprised how little power they get.

Actually start with both all the way down, set the mids and then raise the horns to MATCH. Never use voltage to gain set. :)

Doubt he'll have to raise the gain any on the horns ;) I had a 50wpc @ 8ohm amp on my horns with the gain set all the way down and a -12 level setting on the processor...LOL

Anyone got a set of the mini horn bodies they wanna let go of for free or cheap? The full sizes don't fit :(

If you can't find any from a member here, check ebay and the classifieds at DIYMA or heck even the ID forums.

Anyone got a set of the mini horn bodies they wanna let go of for free or cheap? The full sizes don't fit :(

If you can't find any from a member here, check ebay and the classifieds at DIYMA or heck even the ID forums.

yea I wish the ID forums were still up, but they closed down too! I saw a whole bunch of FS threads on google, but when you click them its unavailable because of the ownership transition.

Doubt he'll have to raise the gain any on the horns ;) I had a 50wpc @ 8ohm amp on my horns with the gain set all the way down and a -12 level setting on the processor...LOL

Good clarification. Forget that not everyone automatically starts with everything output wise at zero.

Complete with drivers or just the bodies?

Complete with drivers or just the bodies?

Drivers and bodies from an authorized dealer who was liquidating his remaining stock due to the recent owner transfer.