madmike0121

comment on fi btl n3

ok i got my fi btl n3 in

finally got the box built for them and hooked them in my car ...

and to my surprise they play music just fine....

the box for two twelves is 7,2 cubic feet after displacement 6.8 and tuned to 38 hertz

and sounds damn good and not even broken in yet

so everyone who said they would sound like sh$t U WERE Wrong

thanks , please no negative comments i posted this for other people considering to buy these who have worries like i did that it wouldnt play music

and to answer another question i have the 7 spiders on it so 5 probally be alot more musical thats my two cence..

FUCK YEAHHHHH I TOLD YOU GUYS!!!

You now that pictures are needed now. You can not tell us about these btls with out some pictures. Glad you are happy with them, but how about some pictures? :)

LOL AGREEDDDDD

would it be safe to say that the N3 could be alot closer to the older BTL (UFO style mag) than the N2?

i agree to what you just said, the ufo has a TON and i mena a TON of force, which is why id takethe n3 over the n2

Seriously?

Just because the subs don't explode nor sound like total shit means they are good daily drivers?

If even the owner of the company tells not to do it, because it's not made for it, it means it's not made for it.

Why would you want a ton more motor force? There is a certain point where there is too much motor force, the N2 is right at the edge.

But pictures are neccesary. :)

We say it is not ideal for musical or daily driving scenarios..which is why we have the N2..that is optimized for daily driving in the 2kw range.

N3 has significantly more motor force than the "UFO" style of btl.

"the BTL-N3 Series is the latest weapon in our arsenal directed towards competition use. "..right off the site.

exactly ^^

you may think the N3 is good for music for now... but wait after you play the subs for a while... you never know if it will be able to handle the heat/abuse of Long Music Play which is why they are made for SPL (short bursts of bass) and not for daily which is long periods of bass....

im looking forward to seeing how long these last on daily abuse....

i ordered 2 18" BTL N2's because i read and even on Fi's site stating the N3 is made only for SPL and the N2 is better for Daily Music....

But if the N3 does good on music for long periods of time then im gonna be upset cause i wish i woulda went with the N3 then :(

Edited by b00sted

How do they sound on different styles of music ? Not only on rap.

this is exactly why i went with a N2 over a N3... straight from the Fi site...

Daily or SPL: Simply put, if you plan on listening to any type of music you MUST choose the daily option. If it is strictly for a competion/tone only scenario then choose the SPL option. The reason we have these options is the gap tolerances between the two are different. The gap in the SPL woofer is much tighter and FAR less forgiving in comparison to the Daily option. The Daily option simply gives the coil more wiggle room inside of the gap to deal with the non-linearity tendencies that you can get into when you are using a sub in a daily driving scenario. Typically SPL applications deal with 1 note and it does not change, therefore we can make the gap much tighter and get all of the motor strength that we can out of it.

"The BTL-N3 series is designed with SPL applications in mind"

im assuming since you cant choose daily or SPL on the N3 that IT IS a SPL sub... and not daily....

https://ssl.perfora.net/www.ficaraudio.com/sess/utn;jsessionid=154dc6dd6064ef4/shopdata/0070_Tech/0070_Speakers/0010_Tech.BTL/product_overview.shopscript

Edited by b00sted

Can't wait to have four 15" N3 with 20kw right behind my head. SQPL

:roflmao:

SQPL is not the same as ""SQL"" ;)

Can't wait to have four 15" N3 with 20kw right behind my head. SQPL

:roflmao:

SQPL is not the same as ""SQL"" ;)

Ok, I must have a misunderstanding then.

Could you please define

"SQL" -

SPL -

"SQL" -

SQPL -

Just to help me out understand.

I hope this helps you, I know alot of people new to the industry could learn alot by understanding more.

""SQL"" - Is a bad term, and generally means lots of mids and highs with alot of bass. Normally lacks imaging, tonal balance and/or proper crossover points. Just a mess of sound all playing at once very loud with no regard to placement or imaging.

SPL - Pretty self explanatory Sound Pressure Level, SPL systems generally have no high end and just burp.

SQ - Sound Quality at moderate to low sound pressure can reproduce any music amazingly and do it with better warmth than the original recording sometimes. Generally systems like these are 145dB and under, once you start getting into the 145+dB your moving into the SQPL area.

SQPL -Sound Quality at a High Pressure level. Has proper tonal balance, imaging, etc.... It could compete in competitive SQ competitions as well as SPL events. Not generally known to beginners who usually do just SPL or SQ. Theres very few of these systems left but they are making a comeback.

I hope this helps you, I know alot of people new to the industry could learn alot by understanding more.

""SQL"" - Is a bad term, and generally means lots of mids and highs with alot of bass. Normally lacks imaging, tonal balance and/or proper crossover points. Just a mess of sound all playing at once very loud with no regard to placement or imaging.

SPL - Pretty self explanatory Sound Pressure Level, SPL systems generally have no high end and just burp.

SQ - Sound Quality at moderate to low sound pressure can reproduce any music amazingly and do it with better warmth than the original recording sometimes. Generally systems like these are 145dB and under, once you start getting into the 145+dB your moving into the SQPL area.

SQPL -Sound Quality at a High Pressure level. Has proper tonal balance, imaging, etc.... It could compete in competitive SQ competitions as well as SPL events. Not generally known to beginners who usually do just SPL or SQ. Theres very few of these systems left but they are making a comeback.

So you really think that you will have SQ with 4 subs made for burps????

hey man, thanks for the xplanation, this really does help clear up a lot o fthings. I want to be SQPL!!, but that sounds like a lot of dinero :(

So is it at this point, where equipment plays a huge/bigger role within the installation when chasing to become SQPL?

""""SQL"""" - Is a bad term, and generally means lots of mids and highs with alot of bass. Normally lacks imaging, tonal balance and/or proper crossover points. Just a mess of sound all playing at once very loud with no regard to placement or imaging.

Well I have not tested them and I will know soon enough if they can blend well with a decent front stage or can't. If I can't modify the enclosure build to make it happen or change front end I guess we know. I have not found a decently made subwoofer I could not make sound good, its all in the enclosure and application. If this is the first one that I can't make sound great with a front stage then it will be a first for me. I will also be testing out a MS-8 JBL processor later in the year to see if it improves on what I can already do. As for the 4 subs they really only see alot of power during open door demo's, and competition if I ever find a show that I don't have to officiate.

""""SQL"""" - Is a bad term, and generally means lots of mids and highs with alot of bass. Normally lacks imaging, tonal balance and/or proper crossover points. Just a mess of sound all playing at once very loud with no regard to placement or imaging.

hey man, thanks for the xplanation, this really does help clear up a lot o fthings. I want to be SQPL!!, but that sounds like a lot of dinero :(

So is it at this point, where equipment plays a huge/bigger role within the installation when chasing to become SQPL?

Yes if you are going for that you generally don't see dozens of tweeters and mids because that only causes peaks and cancellations throughout the sound spectrum and its very difficult to control due to a very far spread in the distances that the tweeters are from one another and this also applies to mids as well but not as much as you drop in frequency. I had 8 pair of 6.5" in the doors and found problems with cancelling so I dropped it to only four closely packed pairs and I think this is limit to where the problems begin so I stuck with four pair now. I will have to get better speakers and more power to keep the same abilities but it will pay off in the end.

Obviously one pair of tweeter, midrange, midbass per channel with subwoofer crossed 50hz or under would be the best with active crossovers but then you run into not being able to do the SQPL part that your after, so you go with a close arrangement multi speaker set up per side and then the time alignment is alot better to deal with for imaging than say a door full of speakers.

I hope that helps understand it a bit better.

"""""SQL""""" - Is a bad term, and generally means lots of mids and highs with alot of bass. Normally lacks imaging, tonal balance and/or proper crossover points. Just a mess of sound all playing at once very loud with no regard to placement or imaging.

Well I have not tested them and I will know soon enough if they can blend well with a decent front stage or can't. If I can't modify the enclosure build to make it happen or change front end I guess we know. I have not found a decently made subwoofer I could not make sound good, its all in the enclosure and application. If this is the first one that I can't make sound great with a front stage then it will be a first for me. I will also be testing out a MS-8 JBL processor later in the year to see if it improves on what I can already do. As for the 4 subs they really only see alot of power during open door demo's, and competition if I ever find a show that I don't have to officiate.

Install is 90% of a good setup, but SQ is not at all what these drivers are made for.

Edited by ricksi30

Just goes to show how subjective "sounding good" is.

Oh, and good luck with adding the P & L to SQ, rofl. And there definitely is a way, but then it would just be SQ as there are no output level restrictions or requirements on SQ setups. Of course generally not playing at levels above where your ears start to seriously go into masking mode would be obvious, but other than that as loud as you like can still be SQ focused but it is far from trivial to do so.

hey OP are you using super tweets to match the SQ of those n3s????

hey OP are you using super tweets to match the SQ of those n3s????

I've never agreed with one of your posts as much as this one. Welcome back stealth ;)