burko

1998 Chevrolet Silverado Z71

I normally use the Torres Calc. Not saying it's the best but seems to be very close when compared to all the individual ones that are floating around. Honestly do not use a formula cause math is not my strong point. I know by now you have probly downloaded it, but arn't sure of all the pluggins. It can be a little overwellming when you look at it for the first time. Now that your enclosure is built you should pull it up and go through each input and plug it in and it should start to make sence.

Sorry to be long winded, but I know if you sorked with it a while it would become childs play to you.

Amp came in today!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Got the tracking number for the wiring too!!!!!!!!!!! Still no battery though :( Tracking number still says it left Nashville the 27th.. Hope it didn't get lost in the storms.

IMG_6749.jpg

IMG_6751.jpg

IMG_6755.jpg

IMG_6756.jpg

Seems when you are waiting for something yourself the shipping time takes twice as long.

Fast build :drink40:

I completly forgot this build !

You're working fast OP.

The box looks nice, I'm sure it will pound !!:dancing:

Nice work, nice car (ooh yeah) and nice equipments ! Congratulations !:fing34::fing34:

Appreciate the love everybody! Wire is set to ship tomorrow and the HU is set to ship Friday. Still no word on the battery :( No idea where Fedex has it.. Gonna run by Fedex after school and see if they have it in the facility.

Seems when you are waiting for something yourself the shipping time takes twice as long.

x1984875234hjtu24ufgn82974513487u50874358918591834

Battery finally came in!! Whoop whoop! Not really much to see, after all it's just a battery :P

IMG_6761.jpg

IMG_6759.jpg

This thing is heaaaavy. Can't wait to mount it up! 0 gauge welding wire comes in tomorrow and HU comes in Friday!!! This build should TAKE OFF this weekend! Stay tuned.

That battery IS not heavy, order a d3100 haha

It's a baby battery (d1200), I got one in my car :P

Wellll, compared to any batteries I've dealt with it is. Isn't the 3100 70-something pounds?? I couldn't imagine...

Wellll, compared to any batteries I've dealt with it is. Isn't the 3100 70-something pounds?? I couldn't imagine...

Yeah I think the d3100 is 60 or 70.

The d1200 will help out a lot ;)

You got the amp and the battery!! Now you need the wire to hook up the :morepower1:

You got the amp and the battery!! Now you need the wire to hook up the :morepower1:

I heard that!!!!!!! Should start wiring stuff up tomorrow.

Can someone hook me up with a link to the best big 3 "how-to"? I know google helps ( :P ), but I know that somebody has one that is easiest to follow.

Can someone hook me up with a link to the best big 3 "how-to"? I know google helps ( :P ), but I know that somebody has one that is easiest to follow.

Just look for braided wire going from engine block to chassis. Add wire to that.

Then add wire from negative battery terminal to chassis.

Then add wire from positive battery terminal to output stud on the back of alternator. (Good idea to put a fuse in between this one)

I plan to make a thread explaining a how - to on this, the next car i do (with pics.) just hope someone doesn't get to it before me!

Just take a string and run it along a line that you want your wire to go from the alt. + terminal to the battery + terminal, measure that and cut the wire to that length, terminal on both ends connect! Do the same for your engine to chassis ground, and battery to chassis ground. Do a couple battery to chassis grounds to be on the safe sides. Guess you can't ever have too many grounds :)

Hope that helps.

I just got a 1200 as well. I agree with it being heavy, but then again i've never held a 3100 :P

Appreciate it everybody. I'll get it done as soon as the wire comes in!!

great work for a youngin :roflmao: i'm only 20 so i had to laugh... hopefully you get your wires for this weekend to finish it up. great looking truck too. keep it going

:thanx:

great work for a youngin :roflmao: i'm only 20 so i had to laugh... hopefully you get your wires for this weekend to finish it up. great looking truck too. keep it going

:thanx:

I normally use the Torres Calc. Not saying it's the best but seems to be very close when compared to all the individual ones that are floating around. Honestly do not use a formula cause math is not my strong point. I know by now you have probly downloaded it, but arn't sure of all the pluggins. It can be a little overwellming when you look at it for the first time. Now that your enclosure is built you should pull it up and go through each input and plug it in and it should start to make sence.

Sorry to be long winded, but I know if you sorked with it a while it would become childs play to you.

I'm gonna do that as soon as I get home. :thanx:

Try moving 8 D3100s In and out of a car 4-5 times in a row, no fun

Updates?? Did your wire come in?? How bout your Big 3? It's Saturdy morning, hope you were working last night getting this all together. :ughdunno:

Updates?? Did your wire come in?? How bout your Big 3? It's Saturdy morning, hope you were working last night getting this all together. :ughdunno:

Wire came in!! Unfortunately, literally my whole family is out of town besides my older brother, and he's at work :( It sucks not having a license. I have to go get speaker wire, terminals, and any other stuff I need before I start. As soon as he gets off work, I'm gonna see if he can take me to a car audio place to pick up everything we need. Hopefully he gets off before they all close..

Wire came in!! Unfortunately, literally my whole family is out of town besides my older brother, and he's at work :( It sucks not having a license. I have to go get speaker wire, terminals, and any other stuff I need before I start. As soon as he gets off work, I'm gonna see if he can take me to a car audio place to pick up everything we need. Hopefully he gets off before they all close..

Start walking, or pedal :P