burko

1998 Chevrolet Silverado Z71

Updates?? Did your wire come in?? How bout your Big 3? It's Saturdy morning, hope you were working last night getting this all together. :ughdunno:

Wire came in!! Unfortunately, literally my whole family is out of town besides my older brother, and he's at work :( It sucks not having a license. I have to go get speaker wire, terminals, and any other stuff I need before I start. As soon as he gets off work, I'm gonna see if he can take me to a car audio place to pick up everything we need. Hopefully he gets off before they all close..

Start walking, or pedal :P

Hahahahahahaha... hahahaha... hahah... hahhhhhhhh..... :'(

:suicide-santa:

Here's a screenshot of the calculator. I actually measured all of the measurements as it sits right now, not what it was before cutting. I'm pretty happy with it :dancing:

BoxSpecs.jpg

I am not a master of this program, still learning, but if you take a look at the help section of the calc. you will see the section about port location. If you use the port location ( "# of common port walls" = 3) that will give a tuning of 34.25. And personally I would like to have a little more "port area per foot". Looks good though and will probly sound great!!

I am not a master of this program, still learning, but if you take a look at the help section of the calc. you will see the section about port location. If you use the port location ( "# of common port walls" = 3) that will give a tuning of 34.25. And personally I would like to have a little more "port area per foot". Looks good though and will probly sound great!!

What exactly is the # of common port walls? Why is mine 3? I'm on my phone and I can't pull up the calculator..

What exactly is the # of common port walls? Why is mine 3? I'm on my phone and I can't pull up the calculator..

Much easier for you to look at the pics provided in the help section of the program than for me to expalain.

Much easier for you to look at the pics provided in the help section of the program than for me to expalain.

Will do thanks man.

Here is the new screenshot. I'm even happier with this frequency. Thanks for the heads up on the port walls Sefugi!! :drink40:

BoxSpecs-1.jpg

Here is the new screenshot. I'm even happier with this frequency. Thanks for the heads up on the port walls Sefugi!! :drink40:

BoxSpecs-1.jpg

If you add the sub displacement you had before the freq. of tuning will be a little higher.

BoxSpecs-1.jpg

If you add the sub displacement you had before the freq. of tuning will be a little higher.

Balls I keep forgetting to do stuff lol! I'll have the updated screenshot when I get home today :P thanks for the heads up AGAIN Sefugi!

This *should* be the correct screenshot of the box specs. I double-checked it this time, but if you see something I missed, please inform me so I can fix it :P

BoxSpecs-2.jpg

That's what I came up with using your specs, only thing that might change it is if you added bracing inside but I don't remember any from the pics you showed.

That's what I came up with using your specs, only thing that might change it is if you added bracing inside but I don't remember any from the pics you showed.

45d all corners.. Forgot about that. How much space would that take up do you think? Here is where I have the 45s.. My guess is that tuning will increase, but I'm not sure how much..

45s.jpg

I'm sure you could measure out what the 45's take up and add it into the bracing disp. - but I would say you are still at about 35htz for tuning. :drink40:

It's not going to be alot...

This is just a guess, but your height is ~24" and you have 5 of the braces.

Lets say there 3" in width and 1" thick after being placed in corners. 1x3x24=72in^3 *(5braces) = 360in^3 = 0.2ft^3 or 0.2cubes

It's not going to be alot...

This is just a guess, but your height is ~24" and you have 5 of the braces.

Lets say there 3" in width and 1" thick after being placed in corners. 1x3x24=72in^3 *(5braces) = 360in^3 = 0.2ft^3 or 0.2cubes

That makes sense man, I appreciate it!

Dropped the truck off at a local car shop. I'm getting a new 2-way alarm put on w/ remote start. Also brand new Orion components all the way around (2 in front doors, 2 in back, and tweeters mounted somewhere). Pics later today when I pick it up.

Anybody have any experience with these components? The guy had them in his car and they sounded nice, so I went for it.

I like it !

First box ? Congratulations.

I hope you have something as good for your front speakers.:peepwall:

Dropped the truck off at a local car shop. I'm getting a new 2-way alarm put on w/ remote start. Also brand new Orion components all the way around (2 in front doors, 2 in back, and tweeters mounted somewhere). Pics later today when I pick it up.

Anybody have any experience with these components? The guy had them in his car and they sounded nice, so I went for it.

Sounding good to you is the ultimate test, if you are happy that is what counts!

Are you putting amp power to the component?

I hope so, gonna be hard to keep up with that BTL w/o one. :morepower1:

For now, no.. :suicide-santa:

I'm taking it one step at a time... This is my first vehicle (that I've kept), first box build, first everything. I've taken in a shitload of information in the last few months, and I'm not sure if my brain can keep up with learning about components. There's still so much to learn about subwoofers, amplifiers, and enclosures, that I feel I need to master them before I add another learning process into the mix.

School gets out at the end of this month. Should have everything hooked up here in the next few days, videos will be up as soon as I do get around to wiring everything.

My question to you guys: Do I need an isolator between the front and back batteries? I went to a car audio shop to get fuses and terminals (they turned out to be out of stock :WTFBubble::ughdunno: ), and the guy working in there was throwing a bunch of information at me that seemed completely irrelevant. He mentioned that w/o an isolator, the front and back batteries would kill each other due to them being different sizes (along with a bunch of other BS)... Is this true? I trust you guys more than I do the shop dude..

I walked out of that store with nothing because I figured I'd ask the fellas on here before I bought something I didn't need.

i've never done 2 or 3 batteries in my own vehicles but my brother does have one in his truck so that no matter what, he can always start his truck and not worry about ever having to charge them up.

thats all i can contribute to the conversation

i've never done 2 or 3 batteries in my own vehicles but my brother does have one in his truck so that no matter what, he can always start his truck and not worry about ever having to charge them up.

thats all i can contribute to the conversation

Ok. Is it necessary, or is it precautionary?

You do not need an isolator. Just make sure to fuse near both batteries

Would something like this be what I need to get? If not, could anyone provide a link to the correct isolator for my application (if it's necessary)?

You do not need an isolator. Just make sure to fuse near both batteries

Oops, you ninja posted on me :P

I'm assuming you mean after the front battery (on its way to the second battery), before the back battery(coming from the front battery), and after the back battery(going to the amp)?