Sign in to follow this  
bakedboy08@yahoo.com

Electrical Upgrades!!

Hello everyone, ok so i had just bought a 2005 honda civic a few days ago and want to put my 12" bl and my aq2200 in it. The honda civic has a 70a alt (terrible yes i know) and a 500 cca 85m reserve battery in it. what im wanting to do is the big 3 which i have my 0g on its way to my house and then upgrade the battery for now because i need to save up for a 170a dc alt. Ok so what im wanting to know is what battery would be better but still fit in the stock location? iv looked everywhere and all i can find is a yellow top that is rated at the same as my stock battery. im only hooking up my aq2200 for now cuz my car wouldnt be able to run my mid/high amp also until i get my alt. im guessing it should be fine with the big 3 and a better batter with my aq2200 wired at 2 ohms seeing 1200watts. so does anybody have any battery suggestions for a 05 honda civic, or maybe would i be able to run a second battery in the back off my alt for now cuz i have a red top thats just laying around or would that burn out my alt? any suggestions would be great! Thanks FI :)

Measure the battery and battery tray/box yourself with a tape measure and start researching the different brands/sizes 'til you find one that fits your budget and space the best.

would those fit in an 05 honda civic though? its a pretty small battery compartment haha

You can check the sizes here

Your battery is less than 4 inches tall?

no its not haha but i went to autozone and types in my car and went to batterys and it showed up a yellow top and a duralast and i went to it and those were the measurments it had for it, very weird i dont understand it.

ok i found a kenetik hc1400 that would be the best fit for my car but it says that i have to buy from a local shop?? is that how everyone gets there kenetik batterys or can i order from there site? I dont understand it lol

Your stock alt will charge it just fine. You can buy Kinetik online through several sources. Audiosavings.com is probably the cheapest. Great place to order from, I've bought several things from them. Do you have a voltmeter to keep an eye on things?

ok thanks for the source, and yes im going to be installing a volt meter also just to be safe, i will only be running the stock alt until i get the funds for the 170a dc which is a couple weeks, just dont want to put any strain on the new ride haha.

Do the big 3, install the voltmeter and new battery and just keep an eye on the voltage, if it drops down too low for your liking, gain down a bit until you get the alt installed.

sounds good my friend, so the question now is kinetik hc1400 or xs d5100?? the kinetik seems like it would fit better but the xs isnt far off i just dont wanna go cutting away at my new car haha. which would be better though

im fairly possitive the XS5100 will fit your civic. it fits my Camry with ALOT of room left over. also, if you go with the XS (which i would), you have to get the XS5100R same with the Kinetic. HC1400R (reverse Polarity.) the + on the left and - on the right.

XS whoops Kinetic in Performance no question. but price, Kinetic is more budget friendly.

theres a vid on YouTube showimg XS compared to the competition. (kinetic)

I love my XS5100R. im thinking of adding a second in my front battery compartment since i have so much room left. but idk if thats safe to do...

Edited by swagger_wagon468

im fairly possitive the XS5100 will fit your civic. it fits my Camry with ALOT of room left over. also, if you go with the XS (which i would), you have to get the XS5100R same with the Kinetic. HC1400R (reverse Polarity.) the + on the left and - on the right.

XS whoops Kinetic in Performance no question. but price, Kinetic is more budget friendly.

theres a vid on YouTube showimg XS compared to the competition. (kinetic)

I love my XS5100R. im thinking of adding a second in my front battery compartment since i have so much room left. but idk if thats safe to do...

no id have to get the standard polarity cuz when im looking at my battery under my hood the neg is on the left and the pos is on the right

O really? i thought Honda had revers. my bad.

ill try and take a picture of it and show you just to make sure, but im probably gonna go with the kinetik hc1400 just because its $100 cheaper and the xs only has 100 more amps then the kinteik and the same 60 amp hours. funds are kinda tight, is the xs really that much better though?

did you try searching summitracing.com ???

did you try searching summitracing.com ???

yea i looked at the xs on there its about $30 cheaper but its still 250$ shipped which is almost 80 more then the kinetik, i think im just gonna go with the kinetik because 250 for a a battery is quit expensive and it cant be that much more better cuz the stats are almost the same. but what do i know i havnt had experience with either haha. Im sure one i get the kinetik and the 170a alt with big 3 my honda will be able to run my aq2200 and my 400watt alpine pdx f4. just wish i had the funds to do it all at the same time.

Oops, I did not even see the 2nd page. Now that I've got my first fail of the day out of the way, I'm gonna go outside and play with the Judge.

Edited by Ohjay

lol i didnt even see what you said but its all good haha, only thing that sucks about my honda is that my maxima had 6.5 door speakers and now my honda has 5 1/4 door speakers and i just went through buying all new rockford power 6.5 speakers uhhggg lol, im hoping like hell i can make them fit somehow because those speakers arnt cheap and i do love them :), any suggestions on that would help lol

Sign in to follow this