Angelboy863

I want to be able to do hairtricks!

Hey SSA Forum. I've been researching for a while now and notice most if not all hairtricks are done by 15" or higher. I've seen 12" but not as good.

I am about to buy a Sundown Audio Z v2 15". << to match that sub i'm buying a Sundown Audio SAZ-1500D v2.

For now that'll cost me about $1000 so that pretty much tops my budget for now.

I plan on buying another one of the sub and amp later in the months but not now.

I have a 1995 Acura Integra. and I don't know how I want to have the box. I could use help in box dimensions, where it should face and stuff.

Is the one 15" good enough for a hairtrick or do I must absolutely have two of them?

Appreciate the help guys! Sundown Audio FTW!

no one can tell you .... if i had to bet i would say no sir!!!

thats really alot of air to move.. i dont see it happing with that.

i did hair tricks.. but it took alot of money time, and playing around

Most likely at least 2, probably more than that though, are you planning to wall this off later on?

I heard that 2 15"s is the minimum needed. Of course, a lot of factors involved here, type of vehicle, wattage etc so it varies.

I think you have higher chances of hair tricks if you tune in the 40s. Someone correct me if Im wrong tho.

Edited by slim142

Crap. No I don't plan on walling it. I just wanted to see what I can do on a budget. A Acura Integra has a fairly small surface area, so I was thinking that 2 15" Z v2's would work.

@bigjon you did hairtricks? what were you using for your system at the time?

Crap. No I don't plan on walling it. I just wanted to see what I can do on a budget. A Acura Integra has a fairly small surface area, so I was thinking that 2 15" Z v2's would work.

It's going to vary from vehicle to vehicle, and installation.

Just an example, I believe Dvalue has two 10" or 12" icons (not a spl orientated driver) in a trunk car (sealed off, front firing) and he's doing hair tricks...

It's going to vary from vehicle to vehicle, and installation.

Just an example, I believe Dvalue has two 10" or 12" icons (not a spl orientated driver) in a trunk car (sealed off, front firing) and he's doing hair tricks...

What do you think is possible for a 1995 Acura Integra? Take back seats out? Leave it in trunk? Ported or Sealed?

The Z is a high excursion driver. Hair trick is possible in a small vehicle IMO

Let us know!!!!

Hey SSA Forum. I've been researching for a while now and notice most if not all hairtricks are done by 15" or higher. I've seen 12" but not as good.

I am about to buy a Sundown Audio Z v2 15". << to match that sub i'm buying a Sundown Audio SAZ-1500D v2.

For now that'll cost me about $1000 so that pretty much tops my budget for now.

I plan on buying another one of the sub and amp later in the months but not now.

I have a 1995 Acura Integra. and I don't know how I want to have the box. I could use help in box dimensions, where it should face and stuff.

Is the one 15" good enough for a hairtrick or do I must absolutely have two of them?

Appreciate the help guys! Sundown Audio FTW!

Only one way to find out! :peepwall:

Appreciate the help. I guess we will have to find out. So whats the recommended box specs for these?

I'm willing to bet there is no set DB you have to hit to do a hairtrick, since every vehicle is different and the setup will be different. But, is there a general DB mark that is met when doing HairTricks? I'm guessing 148+ is a general mark that can achieve a HairTrick? :ughdunno:

Let us know!!!!

Have you ever seen that done with rear seats NOT folded down?

I definitely wanna be able to do hair tricks, but bmw seals the trunk pretty good. I doubt that much air will be able to get to the cabin.

My pioneer does a good job to shake the car, mirror shakes pretty good. So I have high hopes when I get 2 12 xcons :morepower1:

I'm guessing the subs must face the front and have ports facing the front? Mostly every video i've seen of hairtricks had the subs facing the front of the car. And I believe it's about cone area and 2 15's should do the trick, or not?

I'm willing to bet there is no set DB you have to hit to do a hairtrick, since every vehicle is different and the setup will be different. But, is there a general DB mark that is met when doing HairTricks? I'm guessing 148+ is a general mark that can achieve a HairTrick? :ughdunno:

This is my video of a single XCON 15. I did not try a hair trick but it looks possible.....

This is my video of a single XCON 15. I did not try a hair trick but it looks possible.....

Nice man! Where is your sub facing? the front? and how many watts rms you pushing?

Sub facing the front, sealed off. I have a 3kwp but for this vid the gain was set at approx 1800wrms.

This picture is before I sealed it off with expanding foam (made a huge difference)

Edit-0013-3.jpg

Let us know!!!!

Have you ever seen that done with rear seats NOT folded down?

I definitely wanna be able to do hair tricks, but bmw seals the trunk pretty good. I doubt that much air will be able to get to the cabin.

My pioneer does a good job to shake the car, mirror shakes pretty good. So I have high hopes when I get 2 12 xcons :morepower1:

Well IMO I would cut out the rear deck to mount the subs there and weld any braces if needed. Back in the late nighties a buddy of mine had a 325 two door. He had two Lanzars 12" (Lanzar was the shit back then) in a bandpass ported through the rear deck. It was decent. Definitely not making hair tricks though. Hell in the 90's hair tricks meant you had a wall of 16 15's lol.

I think you need to get those seats down. If not cut up that rear deck, if it is even big enough to mount subs there. Just keep in mind of any structural supports.

shiz.. i've seen a wall with 4 15"s on 8k barely do a weak hairtrick.. theres so many factors to it, theres no saying..

fyi, that wall was mine. although in my defense, that was without trim panels, with a broken box (back wall snapped and flapping), and about half to 3/4 gain.

shiz.. i've seen a wall with 4 15"s on 8k barely do a weak hairtrick.. theres so many factors to it, theres no saying..

fyi, that wall was mine. although in my defense, that was without trim panels, with a broken box (back wall snapped and flapping), and about half to 3/4 gain.

Flapping anything sounds horrible eh

I wonder why so many ppl look down at FL??? :peepwall:

:shrug: Do they?

:ehh:

So where do you live Sefugi....

I live in Pensacola Florida. The "not Florida" part came along with all the crap coming from Florida about a certain thread here on the forum. A Big :+1: goes to ///M5 !!

I have a thread that I started about a wall design and hairtricks just recently. Where were you guys then with all these posts?? HMMMM??

Sorry op, don't meen to jack your thread.

I live in Pensacola Florida. The "not Florida" part came along with all the crap coming from Florida about a certain thread here on the forum. A Big :+1: goes to ///M5 !!

I have a thread that I started about a wall design and hairtricks just recently. Where were you guys then with all these posts?? HMMMM??

Sorry op, don't meen to jack your thread.

Lol I know where you got it from, thats why I :ehh:

:lol2:

Sub facing the front, sealed off. I have a 3kwp but for this vid the gain was set at approx 1800wrms.

This picture is before I sealed it off with expanding foam (made a huge difference)

Edit-0013-3.jpg

Now when you were doing the vid, were the seats down?