Sign in to follow this  
snoopdan

Consideirng new sub manufacturer

Hello all, ive been shopping around the last month for my next seasons' sub purchase, and "someone" who's close to SI and Team Smoke suggested I dabble with the Stereo Integ Magniums as a SPL sub in my Corvette SPL car build. Being that it is, an SPL only vehicle would it be honest to consider the SI Mag's to be a SPL or a SQ related subsoofer? I know there are alot of more variables to contend with beyond just the sub that dictates a SQ or SPL useage, but im suggesting my application will only be SPL, for highest numbers and not necessiarily the best SQ, since we all know there is a trade off at some point on something, ya know...the iron law thing :Doh:

Before I posted this thread, I tried to read thru the other various postings here, in order to get a feel of the information here provided. However the information didnt quell my interest in more persepective on this equipment. Im currently using Massive Audio DMX subs in my setup, but lets just say someones been sweet talkning me into running SI's instead, and Id apprecaite some furthor input in reference to the SPL side of things.

Thanks

http://www.basswhores.com

I'm sure they have meca down well. We're talking about a subwoofer, not teams.

What is this "SPL" you speak of?

I'm sure they have meca down well. We're talking about a subwoofer, not teams.

As Nick said, Team Smoke USES Mags in...gosh...SPL vehicles!

Yes, I can read as well.

i have no numbers to back up my opinion. I do think that if i couldve fixed my port prob i wouldve been close to a 154.5 with 2 mag 12s in a rex with a mm4000.1 playin on 60 amps of maxi fusing

dey loud :)

Well i said could've because i never took the time to install the right size aero ports. Just ran out of time before MECA finals. I dont think u will ever see the Mags at drag finals, but i wouldnt count them out at a MECA show. Sean Belanger did a 153 and that was with half the power i had and the same box. Conservatively adding double the power should give you a 3 db gain. If my rex doesnt sell on ebay i may have to do some testing to figure out what that setup was capable of

Hoss has the trophies and the records that prove that he was loud with our original Magnum's. 4 12's in a stock Explorer (stock alt, stock battery, etc) doing 152's regularly, a 156 once, and him getting pissed at a 150 was a pretty normal thing.

Of course :fing34: , and Noah and Dustin Flieg...

Although I haven't heard from Mr. Lowry in a while. I wonder if those 15's are even getting used?

From what I know, the Mag was built to reproduce music accurately. And that it certainly does.

It's a well built woofer that in the right box, I am sure could pull some good numbers.

People are often forgetting that while the sub is ceratinly important, its the box that'll make it or break it.

what about mr lowry :)

hes quiet :P

Although I haven't heard from Mr. Lowry in a while. I wonder if those 15's are even getting used?

he has been online a few times lately. but its usually 3-5 minutes once every week or so. i think his wife keeps him locked up...

hey hoss, when I have the loot, you want to fly up here and help me make 4 MAGs and 4 20.1's loud in my explorer?

(dreaming)

I could dream up what I "could" do all day.

I just don

Well we found out that Mr. Lowry has ... other plans. I'll let him tell the forums what has been happening.

End of the story, Hollis is going to be getting a wall with four SI 15's hopefully powered by a Goliath. :rockwoot:

And I may have a stint in dBDrag.