Sign in to follow this  
NucFusion

took the plunge (dcon 10)

After much debating, I finally decided to pull the trigger on a dcon 10 d4. Currently building a 1.25 cu ft box tuned to 32 hz. I am excited, but also a little nervous buying a speaker I have never heard. However, all the hype surrounding this woofer has convinced me to give it a try. I'm just hoping to get good clean sq with a little output from this speaker. It will be running off 300 watts from a JL XD 500/3 in a ford fusion.

Sounds like a nice setup :fing34:

Don't need a lot of power to get loud.

I never heard or had an SSA sub, but I will be buying 2 XCONS very soon. Im pretty sure you wont be disappointed.

i have an icon and xcon and love both. i just bought a used dcon as well......im sure you will love it

I agree with all comments above. While I've not had any experience with the 10" DCON, I have played with a 12" and it's hard to describe how much it exceeded my expectations. Same as you I had purchased it for my sister on what I had read, and I had pretty high expectations to start with, but what I heard and felt after we had gotten it installed was greater still. We got it installed on Easter and when I listened to it again a couple of weekends ago after it had gotten broken in was purely amazing. It was hard to believe it could get any lower or louder with only ~300wrms on it, but it did.

After much debating, I finally decided to pull the trigger on a dcon 10 d4. Currently building a 1.25 cu ft box tuned to 32 hz. I am excited, but also a little nervous buying a speaker I have never heard. However, all the hype surrounding this woofer has convinced me to give it a try. I'm just hoping to get good clean sq with a little output from this speaker. It will be running off 300 watts from a JL XD 500/3 in a ford fusion.

Aren't those JL Audio XD amps amazing!!! I have the 400/4 and love it!!

Got a pair of DCON 10's going in an install shortly, really looking forward to hearing them.

Got a pair of DCON 10's going in an install shortly, really looking forward to hearing them.

For small box, low-moderate power SQ sub's, I think you are going to dig them.