Sign in to follow this  
///M5

Need to buy small sub for boat as Xmas gift

In our roto-xmas draw names, I drew my sis and bro-in-law. We cap our spending at $100, but I will break it a bit if logical. They have a 20 Sea Ray runabout and are putting a stereo in it before summer. I have an old Pioneer amp that is about 90x2 at 2ohm that I don't want and will give them, but would like to buy a subwoofer to go with it. Being it is a 2chn, DVC would be great. Since it won't have tons of power a fairly effecient driver would be great, space is fairly minimal so something that works well in a small ported box would be ideal. What would you guys do?

Umm, Vladd the Hop is not here. He, he

I don't think a "marine" sub is necessary. My goal is to downfire the sub mounted underneath one of the dash pods so it will be protected from the elements pretty darn well. Anyone have a rec'd?

check out the RE group buy?

check out the RE group buy?

Since it might wind up getting a bit of mosture I would def go with an aluminum cone and rubber surround.

For 100 bucks you can get a kappa perfect (they're really efficient as well).

diamond D3 series for that price too

either of those are really good subs for the price, both of which I've had personal exp with.

good luck

and you might want to cover the box in resin (I did that to mine and it's impervious to water)

Love the resin idea. Actually covered all the wood supports in my car so I could fill it with water to check volume. Didn't want the dang mdf turning into spongeboard. I do like the al/rubber idea not only for moisture but the hot/cold outdoor air exposure as well. Probably deteriote the foam/paper much, much faster.

Any other rec'd, or is anyone selling anything?

I gotta do something here pretty quick, any other ideas guys??

///M5, ive got a RE RE 10 i'll sell to you if you want it. Light usage. Was in my moms car so it wasnt played to loud.

I sold the enclosure and im to lazy to make a new one.

It just site there in my garage.

AHA thats where that post went@!!!!!!

sorry :-D

2 AW 10's?

At the moment, I think I am going to buy Supa's RE for just a single 10 and a set of PG 6.5" Coax's from Partsexpress. The total comes to the "limit" of $100 and should be okay for the boat. If anyone has coax's that they deem better (with about 50wrms) for near the price I would buy them too.

that sounds good to me

I got a pair of memphis PR 12s I'll sell ya for $130 shipped.

I post, but don't read. DOH!