xiihustleix

Keep falling off track...

Alright guys, its been a while since I've posted on here but I find it hard to find time too lately. I really dont know where to start so I'll start off with my goal...I would like to drop some weight from the 190lb im at now maybe to like 160lb. I really dont have a problem working out as I love too when I can but could use any workouts that you guys like for your core and maybe some kind of cardio thats nt exactly running on a treadmill that would be cool too cuz I HATE CARDIO but really need to start on doing it a lot more.

The main thing that really makes me mad at myself is eating right. I'll do good the whole day, workout and then kind off binge on tons of stuff a little while after getting home from the gym. Im not really sure what i should be cooking and trying to eat so, PLEASE....if anyone can help with a meal plan or has one that works good for them can you throw me some ideas. this would be beyond appreciated because at the moment im really nt happy with myself...i was at 140lb end of highschool in 2008 and then quit smoking and have a full-time job and gained 50lbs over the last 3yrs. i think when i quit smoking i turned a little more towards food rather than that cig at lunch which a smoker would understand.

I think im going to post on this every friday starting tomorrow with my weight like a log to try an keep me on track.

thanks guys!!

all I know is veggies/fruits are a God send... I supplement any 2 meals for veggies... and the meals I do eat are boneless, skinless chicken and fish.. No more red meats, at least it has been a rarity for my diet as of late. Try and have food cutoffs, meaning a time that you "stop" eating. I have stuck by the no later than 7pm rule since that is usually the latest I will have a break at work sometimes. Cutting carbs helps but I haven't looked into it enough myself as I've been sticking to fruits/veggies ... I do get more easily tired from workouts, but if I work through it I'm fine most of the time. I don't know if this is any real advice but its what I been doing and I dropped close to 20lbs pretty quickly. I'm joining a YMCA for the purpose of cardio(swimming) since I can't force myself to run frequently enough for it to make a dent...

all I know is veggies/fruits are a God send... I supplement any 2 meals for veggies... and the meals I do eat are boneless, skinless chicken and fish.. No more red meats, at least it has been a rarity for my diet as of late. Try and have food cutoffs, meaning a time that you "stop" eating. I have stuck by the no later than 7pm rule since that is usually the latest I will have a break at work sometimes. Cutting carbs helps but I haven't looked into it enough myself as I've been sticking to fruits/veggies ... I do get more easily tired from workouts, but if I work through it I'm fine most of the time. I don't know if this is any real advice but its what I been doing and I dropped close to 20lbs pretty quickly. I'm joining a YMCA for the purpose of cardio(swimming) since I can't force myself to run frequently enough for it to make a dent...

do you eat small meals throughout the day?

I was gonna try that but with my work habits it proves a little difficult.... I don't have time away from the desk/out of customer sight to really just do that... I do 3 "meals" ... Breakfast and lunch usually consist of fruit/veggies sometimes I get the frozen veggies with rice combo.. They're so cheap and low in calories that it makes sense... I also throw some naked nuts/fat free peanut butter/snack bars once in a while between meals .. And also a shit load of water.. I think I can consistently consume between 10-12 gallons a week.... no joke

damn thats a lot of water...nt sure how much i drink but i drink about 2-3 of the 16fl oz bottles. im really going to try an kick it into gear starting next week, ill post a day or two of what i eat and see if ppl have any suggestions...deff going to have to go to the store and get me some veggies though..yum xD lol. but im going to go with small meals throughout the day cuz im stuck in a desk in front of the computer from 6:30 - 3 everyday.... :suicide-santa:

sounds like you have your plan on lock though :drink40:

yea I wish,,, I have fallen off... My best friend is a gamer/tournament player and when I hang with him there is soda and f*in energy drinks galore plus he is huge ... So hopefully adding him into my routine and dieting with him will help me stay focused... I need to drop from 196 to about 170-175lbs...

yea I wish,,, I have fallen off... My best friend is a gamer/tournament player and when I hang with him there is soda and f*in energy drinks galore plus he is huge ... So hopefully adding him into my routine and dieting with him will help me stay focused... I need to drop from 196 to about 170-175lbs...

our goals/weights are pretty close.

feel free to post every friday too if itll help at all. :fing34: even if nobody comments on this thread im still posting, i really think it might help me stay on track...ive seen some really great progress from some ppl in these threads and just want the same.

well goodluck to you getting back on track!

Edited by Jack3d SPL

I think that's a great idea... Thanks for that...

Are you hitting alot of weights though?? Just curious...

And good luck to you as well...

I think that's a great idea... Thanks for that...

Are you hitting alot of weights though?? Just curious...

And good luck to you as well...

ya...i make it to the gym probly 5 times a week (on a good week, nt everyweek is good either - might drop to 3 times some weeks). i do a lot of weights, little abs, and very little cardio (which i know is my problem but HATE IT)

most of my extra weight is just in the belly area...so i know i need to work more cardio, abs and core but those....well they just suck. lol i :wub: benching!

you do a lot of weights?

Nah I been bowflexin' it up at home in the garage... joining the YMCA to do some more of it.. I do alot of body weight exercise...

check out this youtube channel... some great ideas for like no weights... You'll see the same looking filipino dude .. look at those videos...

i havent had time to get on and check it out but ill be sure too sometime.

well went to the gym today:

Week One:

191.5lb

play basketball, box the heavy bag, go skating, anything to get u off the couch

dance dance revolution, michael jackson exp, ect if u have xbox, wii

play basketball, box the heavy bag, go skating, anything to get u off the couch

dance dance revolution, michael jackson exp, ect if u have xbox, wii

thx for reminding me...i moved a few months ago and still havent moved my heavy bag into my new house. ill be doing that very soon now...i play bball to at the gym sometimes.

thx for the advice...idk about the dancing games though, nt sure if i could ever do that..lol

Did about an hour of various exercises on the bowflex yesterday... Did 17laps around the track at the local high school(not sure what that equals) ...

Food as follows:

BF: apple and special k out the box(lol) ...

L: fish and rice

DIN: chicken breast(fried) w/ salad... It was a late dinner which I wasn't too happy about, almost 9pm but I needed to eat or I was gonna rape somebody@@@

will weight in when I get home I guess.. Tell you all how fat I am... :)

lol. ill do a meal list tomorrow. but worked out a lot today and lots if yard work. been doing my cardio and abs everytime at the gym too.

ur meals seemed good. maybe grilled chicken rather than fried. lol. but just my .02

well see wat mine looks like tomorrow. *and ill make sure i put everything too. lol

goodluck!

lol. ill do a meal list tomorrow. but worked out a lot today and lots if yard work. been doing my cardio and abs everytime at the gym too.

ur meals seemed good. maybe grilled chicken rather than fried. lol. but just my .02

well see wat mine looks like tomorrow. *and ill make sure i put everything too. lol

goodluck!

I dry fry if that makes any sense or... I use a grill pan and put some non-stick on it and cook my meat... not sure I'd call it grilling.... lol

Use olive oil or macadamia nut oil(sp?) to cook . Veg oil = no no To lose weight clean diet is the best ! Then when you add cardio ...it burns alot quicker ! Add fat burner even quicker process . But people will get lazy and rely on the fat burners to do all the work . Do the 2 above right you'll see results .

Protein : Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast , Turkey ,Lean Ground Beef 97% lean cut ,Ground Turkey ,Fish (Tilapia ,Tuna ,etc.)

Carbs : Whole Wheat Bread ,Brown Rice ,Oatmeal ,Oatmeal Rice Cakes ****STAY AWAY FROM STARCHY CARBS*****

Fats : Peanut Butter (ALL NATURAL) ,Fish/Flax Oil ,Almonds ,Cashews/Nuts ,Olive Oil ,Macadamia Oil

Veg : Green colors preferably ....carrots got a little sugar in them so I dont recommend them

As long as you can keep your sugar n sodium intake and bad carbs low . You will see results with that diet . I'll do clean for 6days and have my cheat meals on sundays . Then go back to clean so it shocks your body . When Im really cutting up for beach look I'll have one cheat meal a week instead of the whole day but takes time and a strong mind to do that .

Good luck with your diet !

Edited by TranceAddict

Oh yeah ....I'll use Mrs Dash for seasoning . It has NO SALT in it and taste great over chicken .red meat . The Forman Grill was awesome when I used to use it alot . Thats the way I learned to cook . I'll wrap boneless skinless chicken breast with Mrs Dash seasoning on it and cover it up with foil and cook . Then when its cooked all the way it preserves the flavor in it and makes the chicken juicy . Try different ways and switch it up when you get tired of it .

Oh yeah ....I'll use Mrs Dash for seasoning . It has NO SALT in it and taste great over chicken .red meat . The Forman Grill was awesome when I used to use it alot . Thats the way I learned to cook . I'll wrap boneless skinless chicken breast with Mrs Dash seasoning on it and cover it up with foil and cook . Then when its cooked all the way it preserves the flavor in it and makes the chicken juicy . Try different ways and switch it up when you get tired of it .

ill be checking out that for sure :fing34:

and good call on the ground turkey...taste the same as ground beef to me and a lot better for you. ill be posting my meals for today on later tonight, trying to finish the rest of this protein shake as i type..lol.

ill be checking out that for sure :fing34:

and good call on the ground turkey...taste the same as ground beef to me and a lot better for you. ill be posting my meals for today on later tonight, trying to finish the rest of this protein shake as i type..lol.

^ they do have lean ground beef too . Get the 97% lean ones . Yeah ground turkey is good . I even used them to make healthy tacos or meatloafs versions . Just stay consistent and you'll get used to the system .

well its friday...been eating real good. lots of vegies, salads and fat free yogurt. have the day off work and went to the gym for some cardio and lower body. been on my cario game too.

Week 2:

Bench went up too: 250 1x

dang it... didn't get the weigh in but I know I might have gained some... muscle that is... been eating right and joined LA Fit early in the week and hit it hard and been swimming too.... you would not believe how badly you can hurt after a full workout and then swim for 40-65 minutes... HOLY SHYT!!! :suicide-santa: will weigh in tomorrow hopefully if I don't end up at my date's house for the night... :attempt:

what should I started at for benching? Is 25lbs on either side a good start? I will try to get the benching started on Sunday morning...

well its friday...been eating real good. lots of vegies, salads and fat free yogurt. have the day off work and went to the gym for some cardio and lower body. been on my cario game too.

Week 2:

Bench went up too: 250 1x

Good job, keep it up. :fing34:

Well if you never benched before start light and work your way up . Get used to the movement and try to rep out 10-12reps . Make sure you go down as close as possible to your chest and up clean . Try to start 3-4 sets of that exercise and hit other parts of your chest . I like to start off with incline barbell presses then ,incline/flat dumb bell presses ,incline dumb bell flies ,chest hammer strength machine ,maybe pushups in between sets . The more angles you hit the more fuller they get . Like most people its hard to get the top part of the chest to pop out . So you do more incline . Middle do regular flat angles ....Decline hits bottom part of your chest . Flies gets the whole chest . Make sure to have good form and feel the contraction . If you dont feel this you mind as well not workout cause your just throwing around weights without feeling the burn ! The contraction ,mind over muscle is best at building ;)