well i have everything hookedup and when my amp wont turn on, my remote wire power grounds, all connected to my back battery, as of now i got my stinger voltmeter working but thats it, it only works when the power and the remote wire are hooked together, and then the remote wire to the amp, thats only when it turns on but if i take out my voltmeter amp doesnt turn on,

anyone know how to solve my problem dont have have to keep removing my remote wire, to have to turn off my amp and turn it back on as well also my aq gets hot pretty much imo.

any help will be nice, i kow its kinda of a mess if you guys want me to explain it better i will

first off.. how do you know your remote wire is grounding?

2nd, is your voltmeter connected to your amp?

If it is then what pwoer and remote wire connected together makes the voltmeter work? the meter or amp?

u also have commas in wrong places which makes your sentences unable to be read so i can't comprehend most of it.

first off.. how do you know your remote wire is grounding?1.)

If it is then what pwoer and remote wire connected together makes the voltmeter work? the meter or amp?

u also have commas in wrong places which makes your sentences unable to be read so i can't comprehend most of it.

1.)what do you mean by grounding?

2.)yes, well just the red wire is my black one one of my d3100 and the remote is on the power attena cable

3.)and when power and remote are together both come on,but when just the both remote wires are in the amp nothing comes on, nethier the voltmeter or the amp i have to have voltmeter on the power and remote on the power and the amp stays in the remote to say on, no other combination work sorry for not making it clearer

does your powered antenna have power at all times ?

stupid questions but i have no idea how they work. i just know they go up when ever you turn on the car and they go down when ever you turn off the car well stereo.

hmmm wait check the amp if it works with the radio stations if so thats your problem since your antenna is off when your listening to a cd

Edited by XxedgarxX

does your powered antenna have power at all times ?

stupid questions but i have no idea how they work. i just know they go up when ever you turn on the car and they go down when ever you turn off the car well stereo.

hmmm wait check the amp if it works with the radio stations if so thats your problem since your antenna is off when your listening to a cd

i dont think i have my atenna pluged in my stereo, could that be the problem? and i just thoughed it the power attena wire is like a remote wire just a different name ,i just wanna be able to turn on my stuff when i turn the key and turn off when i take the key out

do you have the remote hooked to the blue wire on your head unit or the blue wire with the white strip?

grammer fail on every one of his posts. :suicide-santa:

i would try to help you, but as Shizzzon said, i cannot understand what you are trying to say.

he has his remote wire to the power of the antenna. kinda cheting his way of running the remote wire all the way to the front, i think thats his problem.

check with a volt meter if you have any power going to that remote wire you place on the antenna. place your leads on your amp that makes it easier on the ground and remote wire

first off.. how do you know your remote wire is grounding?1.)

1.)what do you mean by grounding?

2.)yes, well just the red wire is my black one one of my d3100 and the remote is on the power attena cable

3.)and when power and remote are together both come on,but when just the both remote wires are in the amp nothing comes on, nethier the voltmeter or the amp i have to have voltmeter on the power and remote on the power and the amp stays in the remote to say on, no other combination work sorry for not making it clearer

No offense but :WTFBubble: ! I cannot understand what your trying to say.

he has his remote wire to the power of the antenna. kinda cheting his way of running the remote wire all the way to the front, i think thats his problem.

check with a volt meter if you have any power going to that remote wire you place on the antenna. place your leads on your amp that makes it easier on the ground and remote wire

thats why i was asking about the blue or blue with stripe,

the attena only provides power for a second, just to sent the signal for the motor to send it up... and then again when you turn it off to retract it,.

grammer fail on every one of his posts. :suicide-santa:

i would try to help you, but as Shizzzon said, i cannot understand what you are trying to say.

X199875267422899711298423.

We. Can't. Understand. You.

Edited by burko

you guy's sure can break balls :attempt:

sounds like he has a remote line just to his rear battery to tell amp to turn on and off WHEN it should be ran all the way to headunit so when radio turns on it tells amp to turn on.

Fo Shizzle!!!!! :dancing:

A power attena doesn't work as a remote turn on for an amp. I've seen plenty of people make this mistake, so try hooking it up to the proper wire and you should be good to go.

Amazing how you can have 3500watts and yet doesn't know the basics in car audio. Plus when trying to explain a problem, you can't even use basic sentence structure and grammar. Spelling is a common problem a lot of people have, but not being able to properly write simple sentence? Come on, you can't be that uneducated. There is help for people that can't spell, I guess they need something called grammarcheck.

You'll find out people are less willing to help if they have to put in extra effort in just reading your post.

Bwahaha! :roflmao:

yeah, i know fail on me. i meant cheating btw

yeah, i know fail on me. i meant cheating btw

Yeah God forbid that someone make a typo. Grammar police are all over this thread. I also hear everyone's high school English teacher is going to join in.

Now I agree with a typo, it happens to the best of us. But usually rereading your post before you make it will rule out most mistakes.

I didn't see the humor in missing one letter from a word though. But having to read something over and over just to try and understand what somebody is trying to say isn't up to par. Definitely if your asking for help. Even though I pretty much understood what the OP was saying, still better overall English would of made it WAY easier.

well im sorry for not making it easy to understand just lil mad over the subject in hand thats all.

well i just hooked up my remote wire from the pioneer unit on the voltmeter and the remote wire for my amp and they only turn on while the car is off(protect mode for the amp volt-meter acts fine) when once i turn the key so that my h/u comes on my volt nd amp turn off

i tried the remote on the h/u tried putting the power attena from harness of my mustang to remote wire of my h/u and my volt meter and amp all together and it does the same thing

so idk what i could be now

Instead of trying to figure out what you did wrong, I'm just going to tell you how to do it right.

The harness on your headunit has a remote wire, it's blue: Take a small 18awg wire and connect it to the remote wire on your headunit harness.

Now, run that small 18awg wire all the way back to your AQ 3500.1 in the REMOTE TURN ON part of the amplifier, between one of the inputs postive and negative.

Now you can do two different things here for your voltmeter:

A. Along some part of that 18awg wire, cut it, then take another small 18awg wire, connect the cut ends and the new 18awg wire and run the new 18wire to your voltmeter.

B. Take a new 18awg wire, also put it in the REMOTE TURN ON part of the amplifier, and run it all the way to the voltmeter.

For the power and ground of your voltmeter, you can hook it up to one of your batteries, or take two more small 18awg wires and put on from the + on the voltmeter into one of the +s on the amp, and put a 18awg from the - on the amp to the - on the voltmeter.

We have the exact same setup, same amp, same voltmeter, same amount of batteries.

EDIT** STOP TOUCHING THE FREAKING POWER ANTENNA WIRE.

Edited by AllenH427

Instead of trying to figure out what you did wrong, I'm just going to tell you how to do it right.

The harness on your headunit has a remote wire, it's blue: Take a small 18awg wire and connect it to the remote wire on your headunit harness.

Now, run that small 18awg wire all the way back to your AQ 3500.1 in the REMOTE TURN ON part of the amplifier, between one of the inputs postive and negative.

Now you can do two different things here for your voltmeter:

A. Along some part of that 18awg wire, cut it, then take another small 18awg wire, connect the cut ends and the new 18awg wire and run the new 18wire to your voltmeter.

B. Take a new 18awg wire, also put it in the REMOTE TURN ON part of the amplifier, and run it all the way to the voltmeter.

For the power and ground of your voltmeter, you can hook it up to one of your batteries, or take two more small 18awg wires and put on from the + on the voltmeter into one of the +s on the amp, and put a 18awg from the - on the amp to the - on the voltmeter.

We have the exact same setup, same amp, same voltmeter, same amount of batteries.

EDIT** STOP TOUCHING THE FREAKING POWER ANTENNA WIRE.

i did that and my amp still doesnt turn on it stays on protect, when i turn the key to the headunit turns on but the voltmeter and the amp turn off, but once i turn back the key and take it out the voltmeter and the amp goes back to protect

unless i have the wrong wire can anyone tell me which one is the remote i bought this unit used so all the wires where cut really short and the printed letters are gone

its a pioneer avh3200dvd

Protect? That's not a good sign regardless.

Try using a jumper wire from your positive on your amp to your remote and see if it turns on? If your clueless about what I'm talking about, then don't do it.

But basically, take a short run of remote style wire and connect it to the remote terminal? Then on the other end connect to the positive of the amp. Don't leave it like that, but it will tell you if the amp works or not.

Protect? That's not a good sign regardless.

Try using a jumper wire from your positive on your amp to your remote and see if it turns on? If your clueless about what I'm talking about, then don't do it.

But basically, take a short run of remote style wire and connect it to the remote terminal? Then on the other end connect to the positive of the amp. Don't leave it like that, but it will tell you if the amp works or not.

thats what i was trying to explain it about putting the remote wires together that how im running my amp just i remove my remote when i leave the car for long period of times, if i do it that way my amp works and doesnt go into protect, but if run it by remote wire from headunit when the cars off amp is on protect so im confused and why is it bad to have the jumper wire to use my amp with??? should i stop right away?

Because the amp is on all the time... And its drawing current, even if your not playing anything. Some companies even list how much current is drawn at idle.

Obviously you got the wrong wired hooked up. All you need is a wire that gets power when you cut the key on. If your having that much problem finding the remote, use the RED wire for your headunit. Only difference, the headunit controls the remote, and if you turn it off, it cuts the power to amp. Where connecting to the RED, will only cut off by the key.

Also, you should be able to go to google and find a wiring diagram for that headunit. It will tell you which wire is really the remote.

i just think its the headunit i had this amp for awhile now and in 3different headunit no problem whats so ever, but ill try it once more and if it doesnt work ill just use the 12volt red wire then, and i mean in the pioneer harness there only one wire that blue so i know it has to be the remote but it just doesnt turn on at all for me even when i had my video bypass it did goofy shit to my car when i turned my car off when i had the key in it still, my gauges will flash and i could still here the relay click on and off and my lights above me will fash but once i open the door the light stop