thanks

i just got paid, and have 70 dollars to spend,

so which is a good palm sander, and where to find it

thanks

:roflmao: You said palm!

Lowes, Home Depot, Sears

Ryobi, Bosch, Makita, etc

I would look for an Orbital Sander!

You can pick up a nice 5" Dewalt or Milwaukee random orbital for about $60 shipped on Amazon, the Bosch and Makita are about $70. Any of these would be a good buy. Bosch has the weakest motor at 2.2 amps while the rest all sport 3 amps. I would probably go with the DeWalt or Milwaukee. I would stay away from Ryobi.

thanks

I use Dewalt sander Works real good its just you have to cut the sand paper for it bigger then usual so it could be little more paper cost effective then other palm sanders.

DON'T FORGOT the warranty on it. If your like me everything involves the sander with projects!

thanks

I use Dewalt sander Works real good its just you have to cut the sand paper for it bigger then usual so it could be little more paper cost effective then other palm sanders.

DON'T FORGOT the warranty on it. If your like me everything involves the sander with projects!

yea thanks, im still looking on a dewalt and a milwaukee,

its just that i was sanding my box by hand, always have been in every project, but yesterday, i think i lost my fingerprint on my thumb, then got paid, so f#... it, a sander will be

thanks

yea thanks, im still looking on a dewalt and a milwaukee,

its just that i was sanding my box by hand, always have been in every project, but yesterday, i think i lost my fingerprint on my thumb, then got paid, so f#... it, a sander will be

Lol classic sanding so hard and started scraping your skin.

I would get an orbital sander instead of a sheet sander because they are faster, easier{less chance of a gouge}, and better quality{ dont leave sand marks}. Home Depot has a nice DeWalt 5"orbital for like 60$.

http://www.homedepot.com/h_d1/N-5yc1v/R-100076641/h_d2/ProductDisplay?langId=-1&storeId=10051&catalogId=10053

Edited by CTAudio

I think either of those two you linked to would be good 1/4 sheet sanders. The Milwaukee is more powerful and has a longer warranty but DeWalt tools always perform well. Tough choice if you're set on one of those two.

yea, im still thinking about, but ill have to wait until monday or tuesday, i dont think the bank is open today, also, what good primer is good on mdf, i was going to use a rustoleum primer sealer, but only have half can left, and was thinking of buying something to paint with a roller, since i dont have a spray gun, and a good gloss black paint

thanks for your info

I would get an orbital sander instead of a sheet sander because they are faster, easier{less chance of a gouge}, and better quality{ dont leave sand marks}. Home Depot has a nice DeWalt 5"orbital for like 60$.

http://www.homedepot.com/h_d1/N-5yc1v/R-100076641/h_d2/ProductDisplay?langId=-1&storeId=10051&catalogId=10053

X2 these are the ones I was referring to.

http://www.amazon.com/DEWALT-D26451K-5-Inch-Random-Sander/dp/B0007XXHGO/ref=sr_1_1?s=hi&ie=UTF8&qid=1309109790&sr=1-1

http://www.amazon.com/Milwaukee-6021-21-Random-Sander-collection/dp/B0012RWCF6/ref=sr_1_1?s=hi&ie=UTF8&qid=1309109975&sr=1-1

for a bit more you can have variable speed, which is nice

I have 2 5 inch porter cable orbitals that are 20 years old. One just froze the lower bearing. The other needs brushes. I bought a Ridgid 5 inch variable speed random orbit for a replacement. It works good & the variable speed is great. I have brushes ordered for my old Porter Cable. I'm a trim carpenter. I use a sander more a year than most people. I have a Porter cable pad sander & a 3x21 PC sander also. I've had these units so hot I had to wear leather gloves to hold them. Great sanders IMO. My PC stuff was built in Jackson Tn. I don't know if the new stuff is as good.