Sign in to follow this  
srd150

thinking about a zcon 18

I'm leaning toward a Zcon 18. But , I have a few questions.

First, would the z work in a fiberglass enclosure? I would like it to be an aesthetically pleasing enclosure as well as perform. Just want to make sure that beast won't destroy my box. Second, I listen to everything and was wondering if the z will keep up with all my music choices? Not really chasing numbers but, wouldn't mind doing well if I chose to enter a comp.

It's going in a 91 dodge ramcharger. Will be powered by 2 planet audio ac5000.1d's ( 1600W rms each) strapped.

To question #1, IMHO it would be easier, cheaper and stronger to build a standard style enclosure and then build a beauty panel to make things more aesthetically appealing than it would to build an entire enclosure for it out of fiberglass. Not to mention that with a beauty panel you could rework it to change up the look much easier than you could an entire enclosure.

To question #2 I'll leave it to someone with more experience directly with the ZCON. Though I would imagine it will sound fine on anything you throw at it. Besides how it sounds is so much more install and enclosure dependent than it is driver dependent.

Also, if you buy it and build it I'm going to have to see it in person, it's a law since you're only an hour away from where I'm at. LOL :rofl2:

lol.. I second his motion to beauty a panel.... :sleepwerd4:

If I build it you will come lol

lol... :drink40:

A beauty panel would be fine by me. Plus I could still BEAT DOWN the block while I construct the panel. Now on another note ( pun totally intended), friend of mine mentioned aiming the sub 45 degrees to the rear hatch. So that it bounces from the hatch, to the roof, then it donkey punches me in the back of the head (as it were). Would this really have a positive effect on my numbers( or my all out experience)?

I agree with Alton's suggestions. Plus, we have no plans to release a sub woofer that will not perform well on all types of music. ;)

Great then its not a matter of if , but when ill be able to get it. If my buddy and I get these couple jobs lined out( starting our own business), then it'll be sooner than later. BTW, have you guys thought about making amps too. We need some more US quality amps. That's one of the huge selling points for me on the subs you produce. Not trying to rock the boat but it would be cool, no?

@ Alton

You got it soon as its done you'll be one of the first to know

we have no plans to release a sub woofer that will not perform well on all types of music. ;)

And so it was written.

:dancing:

The Zcon sounds great on anything and everything I play on them.

Excellent Subs. :fing34:

I actually prefer the zcon to the Xcon and I love the Xcon.

@ Alton

You got it soon as its done you'll be one of the first to know

I'll be patiently waiting in anticipation... :D

we have no plans to release a sub woofer that will not perform well on all types of music. ;)

And so it was written.

:dancing:

The Zcon sounds great on anything and everything I play on them.

Excellent Subs. :fing34:

I actually prefer the zcon to the Xcon and I love the Xcon.

I think that says a lot right there, it will come down to the design and execution as to how good it sounds, but I have no doubts that they can be just as articulate as you need them to be.

Great then its not a matter of if , but when ill be able to get it. If my buddy and I get these couple jobs lined out( starting our own business), then it'll be sooner than later. BTW, have you guys thought about making amps too. We need some more US quality amps. That's one of the huge selling points for me on the subs you produce. Not trying to rock the boat but it would be cool, no?

Yes we have, tricky question to answer though as I don't want to say too much. But I have looked into a few different approaches and the result is always the same to have them built here, $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$. We do not want to go over seas and be another ME2 amplifier brand. So it is a very difficult hurdle for us as a very small brand.

Yes we have, tricky question to answer though as I don't want to say too much. But I have looked into a few different approaches and the result is always the same to have them built here, $$$$$$$$$. We do not want to go over seas and be another ME2 amplifier brand. So it is a very difficult hurdle for us as a very small brand.

I can't imagine there's very many US based and building amp manufacturers to start with. It can't be easy to find them, let alone not pass out at the quotes given for doing the OEM work.

Give me the parts and assembly guides... I'll do it for shits-n-giggles and free equipment or less.... :drink40:

Give me the parts and assembly guides... I'll do it for shits-n-giggles and free equipment or less.... :drink40:

^^THIS^^

While not entirely feasible or practical, I second the notion. I'LL HELP!!

and when I said "less" I meant less than free equipment.... lolz