What's up fellas, recently my house was robbed and my Xbox, 42" Panasonic Plasma, modded controller, and a bunch of other stuff was taken. I could rant on here about how pissed I am, how I'd kill the person if I found them, blah, blah, blah, but I'm over it and it's time to pick a new TV. The insurance is covering everything minus the deductible, so I've pretty much got a fresh slate to start over with. I record with a Hauppauge HD PVR for fun, so I need a TV that at least has component inputs. I loved my 600Hz Plasma, but there was a SLIGHT lag, not near as bad as an LCD, but still noticeable. I remember playing on my dad's old tube set and it was perfect, but it was standard definition, so I couldn't record gameplay. My question to you guys is: Is there an HD-ready tv that plays as well as a tube television? Any responses are greatly appreciated.

p.s. my GT is mC CROWNandCOKE

you'll never really find an lcd or plasma that can respond as well as a crt. samsung's new line of led lcd tv's and their 53" flat plasma are good in terms of refresh rate, quality and response. problem with samsung is that their customer service is terrible and the build quality in comparison to other big name brands is lacking. sony's new 3D lcd tv's are good, perhaps not as good picture quality and response as the samsungs but the build quality, looks and customer service is excellent, i'd suggest a sony. panasonic still mosey along with their big plasmas, as you've owned one you know what they're like, they haven't changed much really, just look a bit nicer. it'll last you a fair while and is a good all rounder sort of tv.

btw i'm a electronics technician so i deal with tv's all the time so these aren't just the random ramblings of info i nicked off the net :P

I just may go with a Sony Trinitron CRT or something of the sort. I would really like to have absolutely lagless gameplay.

Interesting u say this...

Did you know that when Pioneer discontinued their Plasma TV line the Kuro i think is what it was called was considered one of the highest rated televisions among all in the world?

Well, guess where those engineers went to.... Panasonic.

Panasonic has also stated before that they will not abruptly stop manufacturing Plasmas as other companies fear the technology may come to an end soon...

I have to say Samsung's TV line is cutting edge. I do not know about their customer service because everything i have owned from Samsung has never failed whether that be Home audio, pc components, tv and cell phone.

Personally i cannot suggest any certain model tv because i've never seen lag on any tv i've ever played games on. I guess the games you are playing are different than the ones i've played..

IE- need for speed, call of duty are the most active played on tv i've seen without problem.

Maybe your lag is due to the internet if you are playing online.

Can you explain how you see lag?

Interesting u say this...

Did you know that when Pioneer discontinued their Plasma TV line the Kuro i think is what it was called was considered one of the highest rated televisions among all in the world?

Well, guess where those engineers went to.... Panasonic.

Panasonic has also stated before that they will not abruptly stop manufacturing Plasmas as other companies fear the technology may come to an end soon...

I have to say Samsung's TV line is cutting edge. I do not know about their customer service because everything i have owned from Samsung has never failed whether that be Home audio, pc components, tv and cell phone.

Personally i cannot suggest any certain model tv because i've never seen lag on any tv i've ever played games on. I guess the games you are playing are different than the ones i've played..

IE- need for speed, call of duty are the most active played on tv i've seen without problem.

Maybe your lag is due to the internet if you are playing online.

Can you explain how you see lag?

I see lag (or input lag) as the time between a movement on the controller and movement on the screen. I realize that the Panasonic plasmas are fairly close to no lag, but it just doesn't quite compare to the old tube sets. I may end up going with a tv similar to the one I had, as I am not into playing Xbox nearly as much as I used to be. I quick scoped, which, if you're unfamiliar with it, calls for well timed movements and shots. Input lag on any tv other than CRTs made this next to impossible.

I'll probably end up going with the Panny, I don't think I'm willing to give up a beautiful crisp display for something that I don't still have much interest in.

wow.. i must have been out of the gaming scene too long then... shit just got real, lol.

You mean refresh rate...most TV's are at least 120 Hz, which is more than enough to quick scope.

projectors have too many weaknesses for most people's setups...

I do not game as much as I used to, (SF4, SC4) mostly.... But I've played with many a TV surprisingly from tests done by myself and a few others the Dynex brand of TVs at BestBuy have one of the lowest in terms of input lag... Sony was the best if you turned off the processing levels which made the picture somewhat bland and ordinary... The Samsungs did well except for their somewhat non-existent CS .... If they get to you they blame everything on everyone else... It's your wires, your source, your eyes and GOD did this to you...

Panasonics have CRT like reproduction/refresh rate but still suffer from input lag....

I'd stick with Sony for quality but Dynex(if it hasn't changed in about a yrs time) if you want to stay low on budget...

I work for Sony, and do not always recommend them unless they DO fit the bill....

Dynex was in my room for a bit but I sold it to a local arcade here in Jersey called Eight on a Break ... :fing34: