Thekid5678

Something is wrong, Help me please

LOL,, I found the problem!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

When i wired the sub directly to the amp, bypassing the terminals in the box, that fixed the problem.. So I have pulled my box out of the car to see what the issue is with the terminals... Thank you everyone that helped!! :dancing: :dancing: :eek5wavey: :eek5wavey: :eek5wavey:

Glad you figured it out. :drink40:

Ok, well I guess it's new box time. I know it's not needed but I want a better tuned box any way.

I have these specs for a box. Can you all run over them for me and make sure it's right? Thank you in advance, Tyler

28" wide

17" tall

28" deep

Port:

4.5" wide

15.5" tall

41" long

Sub up port back.

3.9 cubes net, @ 31hz, 17.88 sq in of port per foot

LOL,, I found the problem!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

When i wired the sub directly to the amp, bypassing the terminals in the box, that fixed the problem.. So I have pulled my box out of the car to see what the issue is with the terminals... Thank you everyone that helped!! :dancing: :dancing: :eek5wavey: :eek5wavey: :eek5wavey:

Haha called it :drink40:

Edited by ricksi30

Glad this got resolved :) i never thought of that.. i don't like terminal cups-i use bolts :drink40:

can anyone do a quick run down on those figures? To make sure they are correct. I want to make sure it's good before I go out and get the materials. Here are the specs again

28" wide

17" tall

28" deep

Port:

4.5" wide

15.5" tall

41" long

Sub up port back.

3.9 cubes net, @ 31hz, 17.88 sq in of port per foot

With that low of tuning and just guessing on your SSF you probably ripped something, somewhere. Knowing the internal volume would help, can't find that?

With that being low tuning, How much of this amp can a SSD handle? Like I said, it's a sundown sae-1200d. about how high can I put the settings on the amp?

With that low of tuning and just guessing on your SSF you probably ripped something, somewhere. Knowing the internal volume would help, can't find that?

With that being low tuning, How much of this amp can a SSD handle? Like I said, it's a sundown sae-1200d. about how high can I put the settings on the amp?

Which model of SSD is it? Not sure if people have the new ones or not yet.

Even then it's going to depend on all sorts of stuff. I would still say to set the SSF around 28 and see what you can do from there. Would still help knowing the internal volume :)

Just set it wherever you're comfortable with and make sure to watch/listen/smell for any stress. If you notice any change the setting 'till you don't have any more.

How do you like your SSD?

good thing you got this resolved that simply :drink40:

How do you like your SSD?

good thing you got this resolved that simply :drink40:

I LOVE MY SSD. I couldn't complain one bit. I could be wrong but to me it seems like the sae-1200d would be a better match for a BL but I'm probably wrong

As for tuning on the amp right now, I changed it and it sounds good and loud. I listen for clipping and never hear any. But it seems that if I have a song with a decent amount of bass on, I can't get through the song without smelling the sub (at which point I turn it way down). is this normal? or what setting should I adjust?

you can't hear clipping. If you're smelling the sub, turn the gain down. If you hear anything it's most likely from over excursion, so then you would turn the gain down, or the SSF up.

Again, what model is this SSD?

you can't hear clipping. If you're smelling the sub, turn the gain down. If you hear anything it's most likely from over excursion, so then you would turn the gain down, or the SSF up.

Again, what model is this SSD?

Not sure what you mean which model.. It's an Fi ssd 15" dual 2 ohm. Purchased roughly 8 months ago

Alright, that works. Wasn't sure if it was one of the new ones just recently released. yours is rated for 800 watts, not 1k. That amp is fine, just turn the gain down a little, like i said.

Alright, that works. Wasn't sure if it was one of the new ones just recently released. yours is rated for 800 watts, not 1k. That amp is fine, just turn the gain down a little, like i said.

That's kinda what I had figured.. One thing I have always wondered, Wouldn't the 15" BL be a better match for the sae-1200d?

That's kinda what I had figured.. One thing I have always wondered, Wouldn't the 15" BL be a better match for the sae-1200d?

:ughdunno: Sure? Doesn't really matter. You could put your SSD on a 3500 if you want. Just have to tune accordingly.

I had my 1500 on my 15" bl and i always thought it was too much for it.

:ughdunno: Sure? Doesn't really matter. You could put your SSD on a 3500 if you want. Just have to tune accordingly.

I had my 1500 on my 15" bl and i always thought it was too much for it.

I guess it's all efficiency. A driver rated at 1500 watts would be better with a 2000 watt amp, that way you're not having to push the amp as hard?

where as a driver rated at 1500 watts and you put a 1500 watt amp on it, would be pushing the amp to it's limits?

because you can always tune down an amp that has a higher rating than the sub?

Edited by Thekid5678

That's the way i see it, it's called headroom. :)

Also, I have seen some videos on youtube of single 15" ssd's Making the vehicle/windshield flex like crazy. Why am I not able to achieve this? I guess a lot of it has to do with proper box tuning? Since I have A box that is tuned too high, I guess it would make a huge difference to make one that is around 31-33 hz? Since i'm not competing and could care less about competing, I don't need a box that is tuned high.

Also, I have seen some videos on youtube of single 15" ssd's Making the vehicle/windshield flex like crazy. Why am I not able to achieve this? I guess a lot of it has to do with proper box tuning? Since I have A box that is tuned too high, I guess it would make a huge difference to make one that is around 31-33 hz? Since i'm not competing and could care less about competing, I don't need a box that is tuned high.

It all comes down to install. You can find people breaking the 150 mark with a single 8, they tune properly and chase #'s. The important thing is this...figure out what YOU want to achieve before you start setting goals. If your setup makes you happy you shouldn't let a youtube video make you less happy.

It all comes down to install. You can find people breaking the 150 mark with a single 8, they tune properly and chase #'s. The important thing is this...figure out what YOU want to achieve before you start setting goals. If your setup makes you happy you shouldn't let a youtube video make you less happy.

I understand what you are saying. But it's more of a " I want to make sure I'm not doing something wrong scenario"

you said you were tuned to 23 hz, now you're saying you're tuned "so high"? what is it?

you said you were tuned to 23 hz, now you're saying you're tuned "so high"? what is it?

I was incorrect. I looked up the thread that I made a while back on here giving my box/port dimensions, and it came out to be some where around 41hz

Ok everyone. If you head over to the Videos thread on the forum I have put up a quick demo video of the setup.. And if you are too lazy just click this link to take you to the thread :-)