Angelboy863

Looking for a new setup. Ideas?

So I'm at the ssa store and I noticed the skar audio vvx 15" it's fairly priced and was wondering if it's worth it? I kinda believe you get what you paid for but this seems legit. I've never personally heard skar audio but they have good reviews and it looks like a nice sub. I can get two of them for almost the price of one sa15 l. Um, would you buy them?

So I'm at the ssa store and I noticed the skar audio vvx 15" it's fairly priced and was wondering if it's worth it? I kinda believe you get what you paid for but this seems legit. I've never personally heard skar audio but they have good reviews and it looks like a nice sub. I can get two of them for almost the price of one sa15 l. Um, would you buy them?

If I were in your shoes, I'd wait til I had enough cash to go a different route.

Or buy used. I've bought a used fi bl and loved it, also bought a pair of used xcons and love them too, no issues.

If I were in your shoes, I'd wait til I had enough cash to go a different route.

Or buy used. I've bought a used fi bl and loved it, also bought a pair of used xcons and love them too, no issues.

Makes sense, ..idk what to say lol. I like the sa15s simply because I like sundown and I am looking for 600-800watt subs. The price on them would make me spend all my money an although I love car audio, my life doesn't revolve around it. Its a hobby and pretty much everything else over hobby. If I could I would try to save money while being efficient. If skar auio has great reviews and it's cheap I might go for them, depends on what my other friends will say I agree 100% on what everyone is saying bit I've realized money is tight...

The office in Virginia is Nick, lol

I also strongly encourage you to save up or buy used. I wouldn't choose a sub based on its rms rating either

I have some brand new sa-12s laying around. I would be willing to sell them to you. Pm if you are interested.

Alright if you guys think it's best I'd save up, then I will. Work has been kind of slow I work like twice a week lately. Let's just say I don't have the money yet to purchase the sa15s speakers sound dampening and fabricating for the doors. I'm a guy that buys everything at once lol. Most likely I'd purchase the sa15s here on ssa and the rest on And the custom door work at my local store alarms etc. Hopefully I'll have enough money before school starts because it's going to be a pain trying to do this and focus on school at the same time. Sorry I'm only interested in 15" subs at the moment. And another thing one of my tires blew, I somehow managed to run over a nail on the road :( that tire will cost me right around $260 and this time I must buy a spare along with the rim which is another $150 lol. thanks for the help guys. Wouldn't have made my decisions without you. Shoot I was very close to buying the vvx's lol.

Your going to save a lot if you make the door panels yourself, always fun to learn.

Personally I would never buy a skar product, wouldn't even use it if it was free.

Your going to save a lot if you make the door panels yourself, always fun to learn.

Personally I would never buy a skar product, wouldn't even use it if it was free.

I guess I can try but I'm not a fabricator lol. I sort of save money because my friend works at the audio store and he gives me great deals all the time but I did think about doing it myself i spent an entire night watching videos on YouTube, idk we'll see how this works out if I get a good deal or not. Really? Is skar audio really that bad? o.o

Edited by Angelboy863

Its not the products people don't like, its the owner.

Kevin seems like a nice guy lol.

Big part is owner. But a few reputable people I trust have played around with the skars and weren't impressed.

I think some people see a shitload of skars in a vehicle and because its loud, they think the drivers are good.

Does Kevin even know anything about speakers and amps, or does he just have people for that?

I see all these people saying "kevin when are skars amps coming, and comp sets?"

Well just gotta see what the buildhouse in china has to say.

I've seen a lot of sketchy stuff from him...

Lol, is right. Products are shady, owner is even shadier.

Well shoot wouldnt wanna be stuck in a situation with him lol. Thanks guys I never would've known.

I mean.. I personally met him, listened to his product. I was impressed, they sounded fine and the pricing was fairly decent.

There is a lot of bashing going on when you have yet to see the product nor handle it. Im no nut hugger but I hate to see someone's name get drug trough the dirt.

I mean.. I personally met him, listened to his product. I was impressed, they sounded fine and the pricing was fairly decent.

There is a lot of bashing going on when you have yet to see the product nor handle it. Im no nut hugger but I hate to see someone's name get drug trough the dirt.

Never said he wasn't nice face to face, but as a business person he is shady. As for handling it, its a frigging sub it doesn't take rocket science to figure out what it will sound like in particular when you understand what parameters were cheapened to reach that price point.

Agreed, people shouldn't really judge a person based on others but in this case it's for his product and of course customer service, if there's enough people tellin me this ones a no-go I wouldn't want to take the risk.

Furthermore Jacob and Kevin work closely together. Do you think Jacob knew a shit ton about amps/subs before he went into production? Probaly not, it's easier (and mind you cheaper) to build on to a platform that has already been well built on. Does Mark/Aaron solely design their woofers from stage 1-XXX? No they do not.

So before you go point fingers please know what's going on.

*hops off soapbox*

Never said he wasn't nice face to face, but as a business person he is shady. As for handling it, its a frigging sub it doesn't take rocket science to figure out what it will sound like in particular when you understand what parameters were cheapened to reach that price point.

But you know as well as I do that not everyone in car audio is looking for a well designed woofer that has a flat response. We both know they're looking for something cheap and that will get loud.

It's what the majority of the market is out there for. Why on earth do you think AQ is still flurishing!

Big part is owner. But a few reputable people I trust have played around with the skars and weren't impressed.

I think some people see a shitload of skars in a vehicle and because its loud, they think the drivers are good.

Does Kevin even know anything about speakers and amps, or does he just have people for that?

I see all these people saying "kevin when are skars amps coming, and comp sets?"

Jacob builds in china... Why do people like his subs so much..?

Jacob builds in china... Why do people like his subs so much..?

But jacob actually knows what he's designing.

But didn't jacob also design the skar drivers?

I have confidence in mark and arron, Ive had nothing but great experiences with them and their products.

I've read too many horror stories about kevin, this you cannot deny.

From the beginning I should have said, in my opinion whether or not skar drivers are good, I would never buy them because of the owner.

Some people wouldn't care was long as the product is good and they never have any issues.

Well The one I know of I knew about and knew the product worked before he sent It out