bakedboy08@yahoo.com

Rims for a 05 black civic?

So im in the market for some new wheels for my black civic. Im wanting to do a simple clean blacked out civic. Nothing too over the top just going to tint the windows all the way around with some new taillights and headlights. Now onto the rims, I like them around 6-8 spokes with maybe a silver ring around the outside, so i came across these and was wondering what you guys think or if you have any better options, this is the style im going fo....maybe 17's-18's would be plenty.

http://www.sparktecmotorsports.com/dc-6-v2-4.html

Any other options would be awsome as im still in the searching stage and dont know too much about decent wheels.

Those I think would look decent but I wouldn't go any larger that 16" on a civic. Any thing larger just look weird

Yea ill probably just do a 16 or 17 because i wanna put some low pro tires on them also so i was thinking a little bigger to fill in that gap the low profile tires would make, but i do like this design im just not sure about the quality like what to look for in rims to figure out if there just cheap pepboys or decent quality.

Cool looking Rims !!! Go for it !!! :drink40:

Get it murdered out ... :fing34:

Look like awd/rwd wheels to me. Is it "worth" putting rims on a Civic??

Find out the weight of your stock wheels and the weight of the wheels you are looking at. If the new wheels weight more, you are going in the wrong direction performance wise. The less the power the car has, the more effect rotating mass has.

Look like awd/rwd wheels to me. Is it "worth" putting rims on a Civic??

Well the ones i have on it now are pretty sloppy and just look horrible, Im not wanting to put 22's on it or nothing just something to spunk is up a bit, wheels really bring out a car depending on what style you go with, i just want something simple and clean, im up for optinions but i really like this style. What do you think m5? Ill go take a few pics of the car so you guys can have a better idea of what it looks like and what im trying to do, nothing ricey at all, i love simple clean cars, you dont need to do too much to a car to make it stand out a little bit

Edited by bakedboy08

Find out the weight of your stock wheels and the weight of the wheels you are looking at. If the new wheels weight more, you are going in the wrong direction performance wise. The less the power the car has, the more effect rotating mass has.

Yea thats very true, but im sure ill be good because the tires i have now are pretty thick and not too appealing, so i figured if i get some clean lo pros (not too skinny) it would even out the weight that the new rims might put on, but i do want to put some new shoes on it

Photo08171058.jpg

Sundown on the windshield FTW!! Haha

Photo08171057_2.jpg

Photo08171057-1.jpg

As you can see the car looks kinda big on these little rims its sitting on now, i think if i got a size or two bigger it would look more natural

Edited by bakedboy08

i do like them... but the price, :suicide-santa: .

let me find some others that are similar without the similar price tag. gimme a few.

That would be awsome, i just dont know what to look for in brands because some could be 99$ and then some rims are like 300 a piece, would love some outside opinions on this. :fing34:

Yea thats very true, but im sure ill be good because the tires i have now are pretty thick and not too appealing, so i figured if i get some clean lo pros (not too skinny) it would even out the weight that the new rims might put on, but i do want to put some new shoes on it

Thickness of tire does not always translate to less weight. I would suggest keeping the same overall diameter unless you are doing some gear adjustments.

Thickness of tire does not always translate to less weight. I would suggest keeping the same overall diameter unless you are doing some gear adjustments.

Yea thats true ill have to look into this a little more, thanks for pointing this out

^^This

What size tire is on it now??

Wow i really like the 2nd and 3rd one, i think a 6 or 7 spoke would look the best though because it covers more diamter in between the rim makes it look more full. And those prices are looking ALOT better lol :drink40:

I don't like the idea of putting rims on a civic personally. If I were to do it I guess I'd try to find some HFP rims from an Si. That way it stays OEM.

I just went out to check, the tire is 195/60R15 and i measured the rim just make make sure and it was 16"

If it is 195/60/15 then it is a "15" inch rim.

I don't like the idea of putting rims on a civic personally. If I were to do it I guess I'd try to find some HFP rims from an Si. That way it stays OEM.

Yea i get what your saying because most people take there civics over the top too much, but i think as long as i keep it simple just rims and a good tint job it will look good. :ughdunno:

I just went out to check, the tire is 195/60R15 and i measured the rim just make make sure and it was 16"

If it is 195/60/15 then it is a "15" inch rim.

Hmm really? thats kinda what i thought but i stuck a tape measure from one side of rim to other and it was at 16"