so i was on my way home from my local audio shop and boom. my amp stopped playing and started blowing smoke. i only had my stero on 25 out of 60.it was a mtx 1501d elite. so before i even got to my driveway, i turned around and went right back to the audio shop. befor i even opened the door, he started laughing because he knew what happened. haha he told me come back in 3 days with $75 and itll be as good as new. just thought id share my story with yall

**R.I.P. mtx 1501d elite series**

I had something similar to my Alpine PDX 1000.1 Sadly repair wasnt possible :(

So before you got to say anything he already knew the amp had got damaged?

Sounds like either the installer intentionally screwed you or he told you something and you ignored it.

Either way.. this sounds suspicious and something is being left out on one side or the other.

:Doh: how did he know?

Doesn't sound kosher, does it?

no he knows that when i come walking up to his door with my head down that somethings wrong. plus he seen me carying my amp so ya if u put 2 and 2 together ya. buttt thats just the icing on the cake for the day. i didnt get my paycheck from work and wont for a week, my amp blew, AND i totaled some chicks car with my truck. this day couldnt get worse.

There's a common issue with those smoking, I can't recall however.

cool story bro :fing34:

was it wired at 1 ohm because i'm pretty sure those amps are only 2ohm stable.

It is 1ohm stable. Let us know what he says is wrong with it. I have the te4001d waiting to be put in.

mounted to the box, single 3/4 ?

mounted to the box, single 3/4 ?

the amp??? no it was next to the box. he is buying my orion hcca and box for 300 today. i hate to sell it for that cheap but i need cash BADDDDDDDDDD

i think the reason why we have so many questions is that amps down normally blow for no reason... out of the blue... not in daily use... if your electrical back bone is good and the amp is being used the way it was designed, then there should be no problems,..

IMO i think thats why there is such a dark wonder by so many members.. but i could be wrong,.

:WTFBubble: This doesn't sound right at all IMO. I'm not bashing you or the car audio shop but somewhere, someone made a big mistake to fry an amp that quickly. I'd find the problem that blew the amp and fix it before installing another. Just my .02 cents

Oh yeah, glad you're ok after the accident :drink40:

Agreed ^

Also, sorry to hear about your accident.. :/ at least you're alright!

Agreed ^

Also, sorry to hear about your accident.. :/ at least you're alright!

ya thanks man. i creamed that car. and the only thing it did to my truck was bust out my corner turn signal light. lol. but thats an american built car vs a china built car for ya. her car was totaled and i was only goin maybe 20 when i hit