Sign in to follow this  
MECHMAN

Billet Aluminum Overdrive Pulleys!

Mechman now has Billet Aluminum Overdrive Pulleys!

48mm, 4, 5, 6 and 9 rib available. Natural finish, CNC machined, $49 + shipping.

Email eric@mechman.com for details.

PICS!!!! :popcorn:

Sweet.

If I put this on a 01 Ford F-250 7.3, how much would it change my alternator RPM by?

Also, pictures would be nice.

What are the benefits of using one of these? Right now I'm 50 RPM shy from charging at idle, would this allow me to charge at idle? Are these something we can install ourselves, for example, take off the old pulley and put this one on with no modifications?

RPM related issues can be corrected if this will get the rotor speed high enough.

With the diameter of your crank pulley and the diameter of your existing pulley I can determine what your rotor speed is and how much it will change.

Can I find the crank pulley diameter online? And the pulley that is currently on my alternator has 2 extra ribs on it than how many my belt has. Matt was thinking it was just a standard pulley you guys put on.

You may be able to search the pulley diameter online to get your OEM crank pulley diameter.

A belt too small will cause problems for sure. They also need to be TIGHT as the alternator produces way more power at low speeds than the OEM and that's when slip will occur. I can go down to a 48mm pulley but that will only make a slip issue worse.

That's the alternator pulley diameter, I need the crank pulley diameter to determine the rotor speed.

A belt too small will cause problems for sure. They also need to be TIGHT as the alternator produces way more power at low speeds than the OEM and that's when slip will occur. I can go down to a 48mm pulley but that will only make a slip issue worse.

That's the alternator pulley diameter, I need the crank pulley diameter to determine the rotor speed.

I'm not car savy at all, is this searchable or will I have to go outside and measure it?

Searchable, yes. It may take some doing, but it is available on the internet.

After searching over an hour on the internet, no dice, so I'm going to use my step-dads tool to measure it. What part am i supposed to measure, the outer diameter including the belt or the part the belt sits on?

just measure down the middle of the crankshaft pulley, thats pretty much the largest one in there. mine for example is around 7 1/2 inches wide.

just measure down the middle of the crankshaft pulley, thats pretty much the largest one in there. mine for example is around 7 1/2 inches wide.

Looking at some of the ones they use for Scion TCs, same 2AZ-FE engine, it doesn't appear to look big...

http://www.fastscions.com/house-of-billet-2azfe-lightweight-aluminum-crank-pulley-2azfe-scion-tc-xb.aspx

Unfortunately that link does not have the crank pulley diameter.

EDIT- Just got your email, Kyle says 5.33" or 5.66" (135.382mm or 143.764mm)

The 135.4mm w/ 55mm alt pulley gives you a 2.46 pulley ratio.

The 143.8mm w/ 55mm alt pulley gives you a 2.61 pulley ratio.

The 135.4mm w/ our 48mm pulley gives you a 2.82 pulley ratio.

The 143.8mm w/ our 48mm pulley gives you a 2.99 pulley ratio.

Unless you plan on exceeding 7000rpm you should have no problem with the smaller diameter alternator pulley.

Unfortunately that link does not have the crank pulley diameter.

EDIT- Just got your email, Kyle says 5.33" or 5.66" (135.382mm or 143.764mm)

The 135.4mm w/ 55mm alt pulley gives you a 2.46 pulley ratio.

The 143.8mm w/ 55mm alt pulley gives you a 2.61 pulley ratio.

The 135.4mm w/ our 48mm pulley gives you a 2.82 pulley ratio.

The 143.8mm w/ our 48mm pulley gives you a 2.99 pulley ratio.

Unless you plan on exceeding 7000rpm you should have no problem with the smaller diameter alternator pulley.

I can't think of anytime I've even hit 4,000 RPMs :roflmao:

Is there any way you are able to calculate what is the minimal RPMs I'd get charging at? I'm about 50 RPMs short of charging at idle right now.

If you are just under the turn-on speed this should get you there.

If you are just under the turn-on speed this should get you there.

Okay, and I thought about it, I have the right serpentine belt because it fit my stock alts pulley perfectly. My current one has it appears 2 extra notches, I can put the belt to the left, right, or middle. Will this new pulley make it fit perfectly again? And should I order by phone?

The belt will function properly when installed on the ribs closest to the unit as per the instructions. The billet aluminum pulley will also be a 9-rib for your application.

You can order by emailing me your shipping information and sending the money via Paypal or by calling on the phone.